Chapter 7

Clark watched Lois walk out of the copy room. He waited a moment before leaving, making sure he was ... presentable. Lois was gone. He exhaled and hung his head.

As he walked back to his desk he tried to pinpoint the moment that she’d gone from driving him crazy with annoyance to driving him mad with desire. He couldn’t. He just knew that it had been weeks.

He saw the way she looked at him when she thought he wasn’t aware. He heard the change in her breathing. He also knew that he’d been caught looking at her.

Oooh, her legs. That’s what usually starts it off. No wonder Ollie calls her ‘legs’.

But then his eyes would wander and he’d find himself wondering what her ‘softer parts’ tasted like. He lost himself in imagining what it would be like to touch her, to tease and to taste.

She’d definitely caught that look on his face on numerous occasions. And when the tension got to a tangible level he’d finally decided to approach her about it. But the scared little girl look he got, coupled with the desperate avoidance banter soon convinced him that she wasn’t ready.

So he waited.

He’d taken to doing all sorts of manual chores at the farm ... in SLOW mode ... desperate to release his tension.

That’s where she’d come across him yesterday: chopping wood in the barn. He’d never admit it out loud, but every time he brought down that axe he imagined burying himself deep inside Lois. Doing everything he could to make her scream out his name.

When she’d appeared he wondered if he’d wished her there for a moment. And then the wonder ... she’d asked him to Ollie’s fundraiser. But Clark had miscalculated, and when he tried to speak to her in the kitchen she’d bolted. Determined to make even the slightest bit of progress he’d had high hopes for the fundraiser though.

Clark reached out to the box of donuts on the desk and took one out. Leaning back in his chair he nibbled away and sighed, remembering the difficulties of the dance.

#####

He wanted to ask her for a dance immediately but Ollie called him away to discuss some ‘business’. After that, every time he set off towards Lois, determined to take her in his arms, she jumped on some other guy. He knew it was more avoidance but seeing her dance with them, seeing her wiggle her bottom that way, ignited a jealousy he’d never experienced before. When, first Dinah and then later, Chloe, asked him to dance he gladly accepted, managing to cool his temper and his desire for a short time.

Eventually he knew he couldn’t put it off any longer. If he didn’t dance with her soon then he was pretty sure Lois would make sure he never did. So he strode up to her.

She was facing away. Good, she doesn’t even know I’m coming.

“I think I’ve waited long enough. It’s time for OUR dance. Right now.”

She turned and challenged him. “Sweep me off my feet then, Smallville.”

“I intend to.” Clark was determined to make an impression on Lois tonight. He took her hand and led her onto the dance floor then swung her into his arms. Drawing her close and pulling his hand round to the small of her back he smiled, gently. Not too much to start with, Kent.

He caught her gaze and tried to keep it. Don’t let her look away. He twirled her around a little then resumed the slow dancing.

If something doesn’t happen soon I think I’m going to burst. My insides are on fire when she’s near. My heart pounds. What does it mean? I’ve never felt this much intense desire for anyone before. I need to make a move.

“You look beautiful tonight, Lois.” She glanced away.

“Thank you.”

He continued to sway them slowly, pulling her closer. He lost himself in her eyes. He imagined falling into her soul. Well, eyes were the windows to the soul. As his soul met hers a realisation hit him. It wasn’t just desire. There was so much more to it than lust. It was love.

And he grinned.

#####

Clark sighed and put down the donut. He’d asked her on a date and she’d ... hesitated. That was a good sign. Rather than make a joke or run away, she’d hesitated. But rather than be able to gently persuade her that it was a good idea he’d had to leave. His Blur duties were sometimes so inconvenient.

He swivelled on his chair and stared over at the door to the copy room. He was still in shock that he’d got her in there, but she’d been staring at him in that ‘hungry’ way again and he decided he couldn’t take it anymore.

All the tension, all the lust, all the frustration had poured out of him when he’d kissed her. It was like he was home, finally. He could relax, let all the stress float away. Instead a different kind of tension started. A ‘good’ tension. Ohh so good.

When he’d pushed her up against the wall he’d had a revelation. He knew she was the one. He knew she was strong enough for him. He knew he was strong enough for her. He’d never been so sure of anything.

There had always been uncertainty and ambiguity when it came to Lana. How many times had he dithered over being intimate with her? How sure had he been that it wasn’t possible?

Oh boy was it possible. He knew that it would be perfect, unlike his conflicted previous relationship. He needed Lois to know. She should know how perfect she was for him.

He stood and pushed away from the desk. Stupid, Clark. Why did you say her name? You could have explained it without using her name?

Suddenly resolved to fix the situation before it became ... un-fixable, he grabbed his jacket and set off to find where Lois had bolted too.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Still need some comments please.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."