Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
This is a sequel to Love and Secrets, which I posted last year. I've been mulling this one over for a while now, and I finally came up with an ending I'm satisfied with.

Don't take the epilogue seriously, but I just couldn't resist, given the setup.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You are seriously torturing Clark here. He's trying to start his relationship with Lois on some solid ground but you keep pulling out the rug from under him.

Lois really jumps to wrong conclusions with Clark, showing that she doesn't trust him. After everything he told her the previous day, I would hope she'd be less jumpy and trust him more. I'm glad he spoke up about this. Lana wasn't helping either. [Linked Image]

So funny the bit about Pete being a senator (also, I *loved* the whole epilogue. lol Lana putting her foot down. Hopefully, she heard what a creep Lex was from Clark.) This was hilarious:

"Senator Ross?" At Lana's nod, she turned to Clark and poked him in the chest. "You're friends with Senator Ross, and you never mentioned it?"

"I'm friends with a lot of people," he countered. "Am I expected to keep you apprised of them all?"

"Yes!" Lois insisted, knowing that she was being unreasonable.

"Ok, then. Just so we have the ground rules down," Clark conceded with a grin. "In the interest of full disclosure, I'm also friends with Ted Kord and Bruce Wayne."

Lois rolled her eyes and smiled. "Now you're just making stuff up."
Will she think back about this conversation and wonder.

Lots of fun. clap But, I have to admit, Lana made me cringe. Especially after all Clark's hard work on winning Lois back the day before.

What's up next? A visit from Diana? peep

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
First off I loved it and was laughing really hard. Thanks much it was great fun.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What's up next? A visit from Diana?

http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2010/clarkget.txt
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2004/wonderof.txt

Now I'd like to see Bruce Wayne or Ted Kord in town for some reason.

Or how about having Karen Starr show up to talk to Clark?

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I actually love this version of Lana. Reminds me of Playing by Heart by AnnieM. Playful and friendly and happily married to Pete. And of course wanting the spill the beans to Lois about Clark.

I really enjoyed the story.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great way to start the day!

"We were five, and it's not my fault you caught me skinny dipping in the pond. You were trespassing," he accused, pointing at Lana, who just laughed. He turned to Lois, releasing her wrist, and explained, "We used to make blanket forts in the yard when we were kids. My mom let the three of us sleep out there a few times when the weather was nice." He turned back to Lana. "Now stop causing trouble for me with my girlfriend, Lana." He looked from one woman to the other and said, "I guess I should introduce you two. Lana, this is my girlfriend Lois Lane. Lois, this is my friend from Smallville, Lana Lang."

Totally funny! This is the right banter between two friends who have known each other for decades. Lana is funny sweet and yes hormonal, but not interested in Clark beyond friendship. So refreshing from the nut job we usually see.

Normally I don't criticize Lois, but this time she is wrong and needs to trust Clark a lot more.

To Lana's credit she understands completely and could not have done better than to invite the new couple over for dinner. This despite being in the early stages of pregnancy and a busy woman herself. Classy. I foresee her and Lois becoming good friends.

Bravo! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Framework4
First off I loved it and was laughing really hard. Thanks much it was great fun.

Those are funny stories (and almost seem like perfect companions to these pieces), but I meant stories with Mrs. M.'s take. smile I was trying to think of another female Justice Leaguer to torture Lois with, but sadly there just isn't enough to draw from. frown

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cousin Kara has yet to make her appearance. I always love the way she make Clark squirm by being suggestive in front of Lois...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
You are seriously torturing Clark here. He's trying to start his relationship with Lois on some solid ground but you keep pulling out the rug from under him.
You don't have the monopoly on torturing Clark, you know. wink

Lois really jumps to wrong conclusions with Clark, showing that she doesn't trust him. After everything he told her the previous day, I would hope she'd be less jumpy and trust him more. I'm glad he spoke up about this. Lana wasn't helping either.
Lois was pretty shaken up the day before, and she had been given plenty of reason to think the worst of Clark. Just because they talked things out, that doesn't mean that it's all really solidified in her head. She trusts him, but her knee-jerk reaction is so ingrained that it hasn't been long enough to change that yet.

Lana doesn't realize the state of Clark's relationship with Lois. She just thinks she's being funny and joking around with an old friend.

So funny the bit about Pete being a senator (also, I *loved* the whole epilogue. lol Lana putting her foot down. Hopefully, she heard what a creep Lex was from Clark.)
In the comics, Pete served as a senator, then later the Vice President under Luthor. I figure that with Lex coming back from the dead the day after (I think?) Clark asked Lois out, it was the perfect time for the two of them to try to get together as running mates. devil

Originally Posted by Mike M
Cousin Kara has yet to make her appearance. I always love the way she make Clark squirm by being suggestive in front of Lois...

Glad you enjoyed it! I don't have any plans for follow-ups to this story. I think that Clark has endured enough visitors. But I do have vague ideas for a story involving Bruce Wayne, and I have two different stories that have Diana show up. One is pretty much just a premise at the moment, but the other one is in progress. I haven't figured out how I want it to end, though. No plans for Karen, but Kara might show up in some future story (after I've finished my various other in-progress stories.... I'm a fairly slow writer.)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Mike M
I actually love this version of Lana. Reminds me of Playing by Heart by AnnieM. Playful and friendly and happily married to Pete. And of course wanting the spill the beans to Lois about Clark.

I really enjoyed the story.

Mike
I know I've read that story, and I have the vague impression that I enjoyed it, but I can't think of which one it is. Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to read it again! smile

Originally Posted by Morgana
Great way to start the day!
Totally funny! This is the right banter between two friends who have known each other for decades. Lana is funny sweet and yes hormonal, but not interested in Clark beyond friendship. So refreshing from the nut job we usually see.
laugh I love the idea that Lana and Clark can be friends despite having dated as teenagers. I know that that's not always reasonable in real life, but Clark's just that great a guy, right?

M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M

Those are funny stories (and almost seem like perfect companions to these pieces), but I meant stories with Mrs. M.'s take. smile I was trying to think of another female Justice Leaguer to torture Lois with, but sadly there just isn't enough to draw from. frown

I'm flattered. blush I'm working on a short Wonder Woman story that starts off with Lois completely jealous of her, but I have no idea how I want it to continue after the part I've written. Part of me wants to resolve it quickly, but I don't think that I can without writing Diana completely out of character. Hopefully I'll get it figured out soon.

Those two stories that Framework4 linked to are great. ::checks:: Oh, they're Tank's stories. No wonder I like them. notworthy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If you want more torture.

If Clark knows Bruce vs Superman knowing Batman then people close to Bruce know about Clark. So Lois pops into Clark's apartment and finds Selina Kyle who's made herself comfortable because she needs help and Bruce trusts Clark.

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I don't believe this story is complete. I believe we need to see the glimpses of Lois meeting Ted and Bruce. smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Thank u for the links to the two other stories, they were great too.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Tailee
I don't believe this story is complete. I believe we need to see the glimpses of Lois meeting Ted and Bruce. smile

Glad you enjoyed the stories.

I'm pretty well done with this story, but I have two different ideas on how to bring Bruce in. I'm actually not that familiar with Ted, not enough to write him.

M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by dcarson
If you want more torture.

If Clark knows Bruce vs Superman knowing Batman then people close to Bruce know about Clark. So Lois pops into Clark's apartment and finds Selina Kyle who's made herself comfortable because she needs help and Bruce trusts Clark.

I think that would make Lois's head explode. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard