Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
The next part — what do you think?

As several of you guessed, this is a world like ours, where Superman is fictional. I love stories like this (like Veritas and Superman: Secret Identity) so I wanted to write one.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm... interesting. Why wouldn't Kara know her father is Superman? Seems that might have been a difficult thing to hide while growing up.

Hope we'll get some scenes on the flip side -- and find out what Lois and Clark might be doing to get their daughter back!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by mozartmaid
Hmm... interesting. Why wouldn't Kara know her father is Superman? Seems that might have been a difficult thing to hide while growing up.

Hope we'll get some scenes on the flip side -- and find out what Lois and Clark might be doing to get their daughter back!

In FanFiction land Lois and Clark don't want to tell the kids about their background and Clark being Superman until they were in their early teens Kara is close but not quite there yet (I suspect that is why Debbie chose this particular age for her to disappear/appear). The idea was to shield them from the issues until they had to face them due to their impending development of super powers. If this goes on long enough Kara could begin developing super powers within a year and THAT would be a shock for Emily and the Detective now wouldn't it??

I too expect that we will be taken back to L&C trying to figure out what happened to their daughter. I can't wait!

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 05/18/14 03:15 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Kara. mecry Not only is she told that her family, friends, city, and world aren't real, but that her folks have been lying to her for 11 years. That's got to be a tough double whammy. She's going to feel as if she's going insane. A hard thing for an 11 y.o. girl to deal with, among other things. I'm glad she'll be watched by someone who cares about her welfare and not just dumped into the system. I would love to see her and the nephew with the Superman comic collection getting together to talk. smile

I have a strange feeling that you'll be taking us on quite a bumpy roller coaster ride.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent start! I love how you have Kara's reaction, where she realizes that hey, maybe her father *is* Superman, and he's chosen to keep that part of his life a secret from her. Shades of Lois and the revelation.

I like how you manage to bring in Darkseid and other villains not seen in the L&C 'verse.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful start, looking forward to more.

Framework4
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks! And I love your avatar — one of my favorite Joy of Tech cartoons ever!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard