Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Wendymr
I'm not sure whether this went back up after you posted, but the L&C-specific FAQs is linked again - see the panel at the top of the front page. I think this may have been the amazing Elena's work.
party Looks great! thumbsup Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just out of curiosity, what do the "flames" in the forum index represent? (I don't know how to do screen shots, otherwise I would show them.) ShayneT has a couple next to his Homecoming story (Parts 11 & 12). I would think it meant that it's gotten over 100 or 150 views, except on the FanFic Related forum, it's showing up on threads with only 30 posts/views.

Correction: ShayneT has Flames for some of his posts with over 150 views, but not ALL of them (with that many views). It seems a bit random.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/01/14 02:02 PM. Reason: Correction

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I can't seem to find it now, but I read somewhere that they appear when a thread has over 25 replies or 150 views. For the programmers among us, the "or" is an inclusive or.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I just figured out where I saw that: If you hover over one of the flames, a screen tip will provide the explanation.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Lynn. I didn't even try that. blush

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just came across something else that is new -- I'm not sure whether to consider it a bug or a feature.

I follow my own FDK threads, and this morning I saw that I had had three new responses to two of my stories. A closer look, however, revealed that all three were spam. On the positive side, the spam posts never actually made it to the boards :), but on the negative side, they did all wind up in my e-mail inbox grumble.

At this point, the spams aren't a big enough nuisance to warrant writing up a ticket for, but I thought I'd pass this tidbit along to anyone interested.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lynn, raise a ticket for this. The registration is open now but new members still need to be manually approved. We're hoping this doesn't open us up to spam, but if it becomes an issue, obviously we'll need to think about closing the regs down again. frown But we're still feeling our way through the new process.

Also, send me a copy of the spam emails you received, will you? It may help us figure out where we need to make changes to the process. Thanks.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello LabRat,

I just forwarded the three e-mails to you. I'll write up a ticket when I get a chance.

Thanks,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just stumbled upon another feature of the board, one which others might find useful as well. In the process of gathering information for a problem with the board (for which I just wrote up a ticket), I had reason to go to my profile. I noticed a link in it which said, "Show User's Posts." Sure enough, it listed all 50 pages(!) worth of links to my various posts. Out of curiosity, I tried looking at another person's profile and was able to see all of her posts, as well.

One use I can immediately think of for this is that if you wish to find all of the stories of a favourite author, you could display all of their posts. (Of course, if your favourite author happens to be Virginia, you will be looking at a *lot* of links...)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I just stumbled upon another feature of the board, one which others might find useful as well. In the process of gathering information for a problem with the board (for which I just wrote up a ticket), I had reason to go to my profile. I noticed a link in it which said, "Show User's Posts." Sure enough, it listed all 50 pages(!) worth of links to my various posts. Out of curiosity, I tried looking at another person's profile and was able to see all of her posts, as well.
Ooooooh. Handy! Thanks! clap

One use I can immediately think of for this is that if you wish to find all of the stories of a favourite author, you could display all of their posts. (Of course, if your favourite author happens to be Virginia, you will be looking at a *lot* of links...)
I have no idea to what you might be referring. [Linked Image] It only showed 294 pages of posts for me.

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
It only showed 294 pages of posts for me.

That does seem low. You should have that many for Wrong Clark alone...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard