Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#254165 05/15/14 01:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was thinking - would it be possible for new TOCs to be created? Now that there are new TOCs being created with updated links for older stories, I've noticed that TOCs for new stories are getting a little buried, making it harder for less frequent readers/visitors to find the newer stories. So maybe we could have one that is for everything prior to the board update and one for everything after the board update, for the Gfic and Nfic boards?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can also reply to your TOC and "bump" it up to the top, if it's hard to find. I know it'll be annoying to go to page 2 and beyond to find my current TOC(s), but since I only access it once weekly (for the most part, current fixing of broken links aside) to post new parts, I think I'll wait until I start the next chapter before doing my next 'bump'.

You can also add a TOC to the top of your story to make it easier for you and others to find it. /per Mike's suggestion/

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/15/14 11:43 PM. Reason: Added note.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point. I just wasn't sure if bumping my own topic like that would be attention-seeking or not. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There shouldn't be that many new TOCs created - they're only being done as a last resort when the original TOC seems to have vanished without a trace. Most TOCs are being fixed with new links for old.

As far as Fanfic goes we have now finished fixing Fanfic TOCs so there should be no more new TOCs added to that forum. Which leaves the TOCs for recent stories still halfway down page one. So they should really be as easy to find as when we started.

But, yes, if anyone is particularly worried that their TOC has slipped they can bump it up to the top of the page . Putting links into the TOC is a really good idea, too, one that we've always recommended as it makes things very easy for your readers. (Even if it did triple the fixing work whenever we hit a story whose author had done it. goofy Still would recommend it. <g>)

LabRat [Linked Image]

Last edited by LabRat; 05/16/14 09:05 AM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Labby! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard