Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253082 04/27/14 09:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For some reason, I'm no longer getting e-mails when someone responds to threads I've started (pre-upgrade). Is there a quick way to get back on these threads? 'Cause I've got a LOT of them. I tried going through "My Stuff" and adding myself to my own "Watch Lists" (or "Watched User") but it doesn't recognize me as a user. frown (Unlike Lynn, I wasn't automatically included on my own "Watched Users" list.) I can't even "add this topic to my Watched Topics" in edit. So far, the only I can discover to add myself onto my old threads is to make a new comment and then click "add this topic to my Watched Topics". I've already got enough work to do fixing all my broken links in my TOCs.

grovel Please, please, please, let there be a quick fix for this. grovel

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You don't need to be in edit mode. Just bring the topic up, choose "Add Topic to your Watched Topics" list from the "Topic Options" drop-down list, and that should do the trick.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
You don't need to be in edit mode. Just bring the topic up, choose "Add Topic to your Watched Topics" list from the "Topic Options" drop-down list, and that should do the trick.
You know, Lynn, I never noticed that drop down button before. notworthy Thank you. That'll make things easier as I'm going through all my old FDK threads to update the broken links.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is there anyway to add myself as a "Watched User", so I don't have to do this manually for every one of my old threads? Lynn says that she was automatically a "Watched User" on her "My Stuff" watch lists. I have tried to find me, but I don't show up. Lynn could find me, but I don't show up when I do a "user" search. sad I can manually do it for all my old FDK threads (Read my quote, below. It's a very long road with many broken links to fix, everyone.) It's all my other threads which might pop up (Challenges, Other canon Superman topics, etc.), which would be so much easier if I didn't have to hunt them all down.

Help? grovel

VirginiaR.
---
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I did some digging of my own, and I couldn't find anything. frown I started a cursory search over on the UBB site to see if such a feature is possible. I didn't get very far. This may be something you should go ahead and submit a ticket for. It's not a bug so much as a requested feature, though, so it may not have priority. I agree it'd be super handy.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard