Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here ... if you actually have any, that is.

Maybe there's nothing to say. huh

Part 3 - The Flight next week

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, no! Please tell me she's not going to end up disappearing! grovel And, then, Clark will search for her, look in her notebooks and see her doodles. But it will be too late. mecry

For a second there, I thought Clark was going to leave the streak across his neck because it was "Lois's signature". Awwww. Thankfully, he found his brain and used it. Superman didn't need her signature on his neck. No, sirreee.

Fun development. Where will it go from here? Will Superman rescue her? Will Lois find out who making the fires on the docks? Will Clark stumble across her doodles? Will Lois find out that Clark's been doodling too? So many possibilities! hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really enjoying the story so far, KatherineKent clap...

Leading her up the steps while gently holding her elbow was one of the ways he attempted to demonstrate his love to Lois. Day by day he tried to let his feelings show, but subtly - carefully - never pushing too much, never being more than just a caring best friend.

I really like how you've switched to Clark's point of view for a bit here...and this part--you've really captured where, IMO, Clark was early season 2. Loving Lois, not knowing how to show it...

That day was still a scar, deep inside, which ached on metaphorical 'rainy days'.

Don't blame him--she definitely put him in the 'friend zone' that day on the bench...if only he knew about those doodles thumbsup

Considering that she had noticed, but said nothing, and was clearly trying to hide some kind of emotional reaction, she was happy to leave him sporting a blue mark all day. Her respect for him knew no bounds!

Oh no...totally mixed signals here dizzy. It's not what you think, Clark!

Yet he couldn’t bring himself to wash it off. He closed his eyes and took a shuddering breath. "Lois," he whispered then breathed deeply again. Opening his eyes he pushed away his emotions and began to rub at the blue line.

Like Virginia--I wasn't sure he'd wash that pen mark off for a second there...

It was much too dark to see. Letting go with one hand she tried to reach out into the dark with the other, shining her torch.

The one hand still holding onto the deck went numb. It slipped. She pitched forward. Closing her eyes she readied herself for the bitter cold of the ocean.

Oh great, and Clark already flew off thud. This can't be good. Not sure if Clark can get back before a mid-night dip in the ocean? And now we have to wait till next week to find out? jawdrop

Really curious to see how Lois gets out of this situation--and how she'll let Clark know how she feels. Or like Virginia questioned--if Clark will stumble across her doodles?

Looking forward to the next part dance
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Uh-oh! Lois has gotten herself into trouble. I can't wait for the next part to find out what happens.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not what I thought! Clark found the pen mark and washed it off. No easy revelation for Lois.

Aargh - now she's fallen in the ocean. This can't be good.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, obviously this calls for a super rescue... Oh, Lois. I'm also surprised that the pen mark won't lead to a revelation... but perhaps we'll get a revelation from Loís -- if Clark reads her notebook, that is... laugh

I loved this bit:

He stopped, unable to continue. He stared at the line. The mark. Lois' mark.

He opened his mouth in a silent cry then, after a moment, his forehead creased in a wistful frown. She'd marked him long ago. Branded her name on his heart, in his soul. And that brand was much deeper, more permanent, than this. Yet he couldn’t bring himself to wash it off. He closed his eyes and took a shuddering breath. "Lois," he whispered then breathed deeply again. Opening his eyes he pushed away his emotions and began to rub at the blue line.
I kinda think Clark would have wanted to keep Lois' mark on him a little longer. wink

Looking forward to more! hyper

Last edited by mozartmaid; 05/04/14 03:26 PM.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm, Mozartmaid might have a good idea! How would Clark react if he read Lois' notebook with all those cute doodles?

Just a thought! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, no! Please tell me she's not going to end up disappearing! grovel And, then, Clark will search for her, look in her notebooks and see her doodles. But it will be too late. mecry

No, she's not going missing, but I can see I've missed out on a massive possible plot point there ... I love the idea of Clark finding her notepad ... hmmm

For a second there, I thought Clark was going to leave the streak across his neck because it was "Lois's signature". Awwww. Thankfully, he found his brain and used it. Superman didn't need her signature on his neck. No, sirreee.

He had to wrestle with his heart ... his mind only just won!

Originally Posted by LMA
Really enjoying the story so far, KatherineKent clap...

Thanks. Hopefully you keep enjoying it through the next 2 parts ...

Considering that she had noticed, but said nothing, and was clearly trying to hide some kind of emotional reaction, she was happy to leave him sporting a blue mark all day. Her respect for him knew no bounds!

Oh no...totally mixed signals here dizzy. It's not what you think, Clark!

Nope. He interprets Lois' 'defensiveness' as 'uncaring'. *sigh*

Yet he couldn’t bring himself to wash it off. He closed his eyes and took a shuddering breath. "Lois," he whispered then breathed deeply again. Opening his eyes he pushed away his emotions and began to rub at the blue line.

Like Virginia--I wasn't sure he'd wash that pen mark off for a second there...

grin Got you all... I hoped you'd have that reaction.

Oh great, and Clark already flew off thud. This can't be good. Not sure if Clark can get back before a mid-night dip in the ocean? And now we have to wait till next week to find out? jawdrop

You don't need to wait any more. Next part coming in 2 minutes.

Really curious to see how Lois gets out of this situation--and how she'll let Clark know how she feels. Or like Virginia questioned--if Clark will stumble across her doodles?

Looking forward to the next part dance
Laura

Yeah, the idea of Clark finding her doodles is really intriguing ...

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Uh-oh! Lois has gotten herself into trouble. I can't wait for the next part to find out what happens.

It's here ... go read it. grin

Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
Not what I thought! Clark found the pen mark and washed it off. No easy revelation for Lois.

Aargh - now she's fallen in the ocean. This can't be good.

So. People thought the pen mark would bring a revelation, but Clark washed it off. Then people thought Clark wouldn't wash it off but he did. Lets see how many more times I can catch you all out ...

Originally Posted by mozartmaid
Well, obviously this calls for a super rescue... Oh, Lois. I'm also surprised that the pen mark won't lead to a revelation... but perhaps we'll get a revelation from Loís -- if Clark reads her notebook, that is... laugh

Another one for the reading of the notebook. I do like this idea ... And Emily ... you should know better. I know you only read the first draft and I sent the expanded version on to someone different ... Surely you know where this is going. grin But, then again, you will be all confused because of the extra bits I put into part 2, I bet.

I loved this bit:

He opened his mouth in a silent cry then, after a moment, his forehead creased in a wistful frown. She'd marked him long ago. Branded her name on his heart, in his soul. And that brand was much deeper, more permanent, than this. Yet he couldn’t bring himself to wash it off. He closed his eyes and took a shuddering breath. "Lois," he whispered then breathed deeply again. Opening his eyes he pushed away his emotions and began to rub at the blue line.
I kinda think Clark would have wanted to keep Lois' mark on him a little longer. wink

Yeah, he's completely lost to Lois.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Hmm, Mozartmaid might have a good idea! How would Clark react if he read Lois' notebook with all those cute doodles?

Just a thought! smile1

I'm sensing a need for people to see Clark finding Lois' notebook?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, Clark. In some ways, he's just as blind as Lois is.

I enjoyed you documenting all the little ways he tries to subtly show his love for Lois.

I don't think Lois will actually get wet, somehow. Superman is far too close for that to happen!

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Day by day he tried to let his feelings show, but subtly - carefully - never pushing too much, never being more than just a caring best friend.
LOIS: mecry He just wants to be friends…

Suddenly he remembered. He was supposed to have washed his neck.
Oooh!

What was she thinking now? It would still be there, yet he'd claimed to be going to wash it off.
He could claim it’s like permanent marker?

Returning, less than a minute later, he had fallen into his usual routine whenever a 'bathroom break' was used as an excuse.
hyper Also, photo opportunity!

laugh

He often allowed himself to dream that her friendly manner was concealing a changing heart, but her lack of respect for him was clearer than usual today.
Oooh! This is a completely new approach! hyper

A moment before touching he drew it back, remembering her avoidance at the car, and dropped it, his heart dropping in tandem.
I wonder if she’ll realize. And when Mayson shows up, oh boy evil

"Didn't you go back at the office before we set off?" she whispered incredulously.
Small bladder?

Really, Clark?

the general public would easily have wild speculations about Superman if he was seen in this manner.
[Linked Image] Human nobility is said to be blue blooded. What if Kryptonian nobility has blue…well… /points at There's Something About Mary/

Clark reasoned with himself that there was little chance of the muggers seeing the pen mark. They'd run at the first opportunity.
MUGGERS: Braveheart! help

Striding into her kitchen, she yanked open the refrigerator door and reached for a carton of milk.

"Ugh." She let out another frustrated sound once she was done, returning the milk to its home and closing the door.
So…milk gone bad by now?

Lois glanced down at the evidence of her wandering mind. At least she'd managed to check her romantic wanderings at 'Lois' this time, rather than ending up scribbling 'Lois Lane-Kent', or worse 'Lois Kent', all over the page - right when Clark was there to see it.
So…now Clark will think she’s totally self-obsessed? laugh

Making a snap decision, she raced into her bedroom and changed into a dark, comfortable outfit.
Her night work clothes?

Keeping an eye on Lois Lane was a major part of every day for Clark Kent. It was also a major part of every 'patrol' period for Superman.
clap

That's where the two fires had taken place, on two consecutive early mornings.

Thankfully it was late evening, not early morning, or Clark would have been having a panic attack thinking that Lois was hoping to put herself at the heart of a third fire, looking for the front-page exclusive.
What if the fires are meant to clean up the traces of the past night’s activities? That would mean Lois would get right into the middle of it.

He gazed back down at her one last time then told himself that it was time to move on.
Cue ominous music.

It was much too dark to see. Letting go with one hand she tried to reach out into the dark with the other, shining her torch.
/waits for Lois to splash into the cold and dirty harbor waters/

The one hand still holding onto the deck went numb. It slipped. She pitched forward. Closing her eyes she readied herself for the bitter cold of the ocean.
Or maybe she’ll get rescued by a flying alien…

On to the next one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Day by day he tried to let his feelings show, but subtly - carefully - never pushing too much, never being more than just a caring best friend.
LOIS: mecry He just wants to be friends…

Yeah, she's convinced herself of that.

Suddenly he remembered. He was supposed to have washed his neck.
Oooh!

Tee hee, yep.

Now that's a fantastic idea!

He often allowed himself to dream that her friendly manner was concealing a changing heart, but her lack of respect for him was clearer than usual today.
Oooh! This is a completely new approach! hyper

Yeah, he takes her attitude to mean completely the opposite of what Lois is really trying to do ... which is hide and bury her feelings. But it comes across to Clark as lack of feelings/respect.

"Didn't you go back at the office before we set off?" she whispered incredulously.
Small bladder?

I'm pretty sure most supporting characters already think that Clark suffers from a small bladder.

Lois glanced down at the evidence of her wandering mind. At least she'd managed to check her romantic wanderings at 'Lois' this time, rather than ending up scribbling 'Lois Lane-Kent', or worse 'Lois Kent', all over the page - right when Clark was there to see it.
So…now Clark will think she’s totally self-obsessed? laugh

LOL. Yeah. If he saw that ... Lois, Lois, Lois, LOIS, Lois .... na not at all self-obsessed.

Making a snap decision, she raced into her bedroom and changed into a dark, comfortable outfit.
Her night work clothes?

Darn you figured it out straight away.

What if the fires are meant to clean up the traces of the past night’s activities? That would mean Lois would get right into the middle of it.

Knowing Lois' luck for getting into dangerous situations ... it's not an impossible idea!

Cue ominous music.

Really? What can possibly go wrong?

/waits for Lois to splash into the cold and dirty harbor waters/

lol

Or maybe she’ll get rescued by a flying alien…

Hmmm *whistles*

On to the next one!

wave Michael

Yup, go for it!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Female Hawk
Oh, Clark. In some ways, he's just as blind as Lois is.

I enjoyed you documenting all the little ways he tries to subtly show his love for Lois.

I don't think Lois will actually get wet, somehow. Superman is far too close for that to happen!

Corrina.

Really? I guess that's a reasonable prediction. *grin*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Quote:

Now that's a fantastic idea!
Well…Sue kinda sorta…does permanently markup Clark’s canvas over yonder blush

I'm pretty sure most supporting characters already think that Clark suffers from a small bladder.
[Linked Image]

Her night work clothes?

Darn you figured it out straight away.
[Linked Image]

Quote:

Knowing Lois' luck for getting into dangerous situations ... it's not an impossible idea!
[Linked Image]

Quote:
Cue ominous music.

Really? What can possibly go wrong?
huh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard