Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Delete post
FoLCs are now able to delete own posts. Will count as feature until Labby turns it off.

Michael

Handy feature--I think I've posted maybe three 'posts' on here since the switch-over...and would you believe, the first post I posted was 'wrong'? Yikes--yeah. Bad start. Instead of directly clicking on 'ticketing system' to leave some info, I selected 'reply'...and proceeded to leave my info in the thread.

Anywho...totally randomly I tried to delete the post--thinking it would never work--and low and behold, gone! dance clap dance Cleared up a nice lil mess I had made...

Again, nice feature smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Maybe I'm just dense and didn't see it in the old boards, but I discovered the "Active Topics" link for skimming through recent posts, and that's pretty handy!!!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by ColleenMA
Maybe I'm just dense and didn't see it in the old boards, but I discovered the "Active Topics" link for skimming through recent posts, and that's pretty handy!!!
There was something similar in the upper right hand corner which read "Today's Active Posts" or something like this. I like the view better in the upgrade and that it also includes Nfic (for those of us Nfic Readers) and can be set to longer time periods than 24 hours. I agree it's handy, especially so now that the links change color once you've read them. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
My links aren't changing color. Is there a setting to check for this?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Meadowrose
My links aren't changing color. Is there a setting to check for this?

Originally Posted by Wendymr
If you've got a question about something that's missing or not working, check out the Known Issues thread first. If your issue isn't listed there, then please submit a report to the Ticketing System so that it will go into a queue to be worked on.

Meadowrose, in the above quote from Wendy, the embedded links should be Orange* until you click on them (I recommend clicking on "Known Issues Thread"), then it should turn Blue. It's most noticeable when you're looking at the "Active Topics" (seeing what's new). Once you've clicked on one of those it becomes underlined, as well as changes color. Test it out and see if it works for you.

*If these aren't Orange, I recommend you scrolling up until you find one that is. I know that Shayne has a link in the FDK for his Homecoming 12, you can use, too.

Good luck, and let us know if it works. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
It's changing color only while I am on the boards. As soon as I leave, it goes back to the original color.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love the new way to follow a thread (just click on the Topic Options drop down menu at the top left hand side of the top most post and click on Add Topic To Your Watch List). It's so easy! And not just for the people initiating threads anymore. I also like that when you want to go directly to that thread, you can click on My Stuff, scroll down to Watch Lists and find the thread you're looking for easily. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Meadowrose
It's changing color only while I am on the boards. As soon as I leave, it goes back to the original color.
It does that to me, too, Meadowrose. I think that has to do with remembering cookies on what you've looked at and what you haven't. I erase all my cookies whenever I log out of the Internet, but while I'm on (which is mostly all day), I can see new posts at a glance.

VirginiaR.
---
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I love the "ALL" option for viewing posts (like this one!) that have more than one page of replies. It's super handy to just have one page to scroll through. (Though it was confusing at first because it still says I'm on page "1 of x" instead of "viewing all" or something.)

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
I love the "ALL" option for viewing posts (like this one!) that have more than one page of replies. It's super handy to just have one page to scroll through. (Though it was confusing at first because it still says I'm on page "1 of x" instead of "viewing all" or something.)

Sara smile
How do you switch to "ALL" view?

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Below the title of the thread for topics with more than one page there is a page icon followed by page numbers and the word all. If you click all you will see the posts all on the same page.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Below the title of the thread for topics with more than one page there is a page icon followed by page numbers and the word all. If you click all you will see the posts all on the same page.
It took me a minute to find what you were talking about. I didn't realize you meant under the list of threads within a given forum. I thought you meant while already looking at a thread. Found it! Thanks. That will be helpful when looking for a particular quote.

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
It does that to me, too, Meadowrose. I think that has to do with remembering cookies on what you've looked at and what you haven't. I erase all my cookies whenever I log out of the Internet, but while I'm on (which is mostly all day), I can see new posts at a glance.

It's not actually a cookie issue; it's a browser history issue. If your browser is set to delete the history when you close it, this would happen.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk

It's not actually a cookie issue; it's a browser history issue. If your browser is set to delete the history when you close it, this would happen.
I bow to your expertise, Mrs. M. notworthy I, actually, think I have my browser to set to clear both history and cookies upon closure.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just had to post that I love, love, love the new feature that lets us see how many times a thread has been looked at. I posted a story last night and am amazed at the number of hits it has received already. I knew that there were lurkers on the boards and that the number of people who read the stories was probably somewhat higher than the number who provided feedback, but I had had no idea just how different those numbers would be.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree it's handy, especially so now that the links change color once you've read them. clap
My topics aren't changing color after I read them. Should I change something? Is there some setting for this? It's very confusing and often I click on links that I've already read or miss new postings. help

Andreia

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm away from my main desktop computer and working off my laptop, so everything feels different. But for some reason, I can't figure out how to find my old Private Messages on the new boards without going through the link supplied in the email. Can someone be my brains for me by pointing out the way? Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Virginia,

Click on My Stuff and then on Messages.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Lynn. I swear it wasn't there when I looked earlier! wallbash

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
I accidentally stumbled upon a new board feature. I updated my avatar on a different forum to look like this - and it seems I got the same avatar here without doing anything about it. (For the record, I was just trying to update my avatar when I found it already updated.) It's not exactly a big problem, but strange anyway.

Or do you people see me with a different avatar than the one I linked?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard