#252967 04/27/14 11:44 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Uh oh, things are not looking good for Clark. The principal is out to get him, and his legal situation appears precarious.

On the bright side, if that's his real file, it doesn't sound like he's wanted for murder or anything equally serious. So whatever the accident was, I guess the other person is okay.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting that all of his school records are there. Did he hit emancipation age in New Troy after that year of "home schooling" and was able to register himself without worrying about CPS anymore? And those records... mecry It's so easy to take a few incidents and write a kid off. Not that Clark could totally explain everything without being locked up (or dissected!) but how could any counselor actually interact with Clark and think he's a sociopath? Good grief, even if no one had "seen him act out in anger" (which actually surprises me a bit, not even shortly after his parents died?), I'm sure he was upset and worried about any harm he'd caused even accidentally. Sounds more like the counselor never bothered to really talk to Clark, just wrote up a report on second hand information from a bunch of people trying to cover their butts (hmm, kind of like the principal here).

Good for Lois sticking to her story to protect Clark. It's a good thing Clark's learned a few things about how to channel his strength for maximum threat while leaving minimal harm. I'm actually surprised there are so many rumors flying around. There must have been somebody in that area of the parking lot who saw what was going on, because the players involved certainly wouldn't have wanted to spread it around they were thwarted by one guy!

Loved that Lois used the opportunity to go through the school files. Though with all her ambition and sneaking around, she may not need to wait for Jimmy to teach her all those cool juvey-hall tricks! lol

I'm pretty worried about Clark now - was he involved in one of those fights the principal went out to handle? Or did the guy just drag him in to give him the third degree like he did Lois?

Oh, good grief, please don't tell me he's going to do that old trick of sending Lois out of the room and telling Clark she tattled on him or something dumb like that. Because after the way he tried to trip up Lois, he seems like the type to do that. Hopefully Clark is too smart to fall for it!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois using the principal's absence to look through the files was great.

I'm looking forward to the next part to find out what happens with Lois and Clark in the principal's office.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by ColleenMA
Oh, good grief, please don't tell me he's going to do that old trick of sending Lois out of the room and telling Clark she tattled on him or something dumb like that. Because after the way he tried to trip up Lois, he seems like the type to do that. Hopefully Clark is too smart to fall for it!

It's possible that Clark was listening in when she was talking to the principal because he wanted to know what she was saying about him.

I hope that Clark wasn't involved in any of the fights at school. I expect that he wasn't - the football players and others who were there in the parking lot certainly wouldn't want to start something with him.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It seems odd that anyone would think cool headed Clark would've started any fights, when it seems as if it doesn't take much to set off the football players from Friday's fight. They're teased a little and react physically, and the principal wants to blame Clark? Sounds as if he's looking for a scape goat and from what Lois read in Clark's file, he's the perfect candidate.

I'm also glad to see that whatever happened in Kansas to make him run, wasn't in the file. Just out of curiosity, how does someone set fire to a toilet? lol

“Kent attacked them.” The principal stared at her. “You may not know this, but he has a record of doing this kind of thing before.”

Lois stared at him for a moment. What was he trying to get her to say? Was he expecting her to betray Clark, who hadn’t been trying to do anything other than protect her?

“He never hit anyone,” Lois said firmly. “Anyone who says otherwise is lying or mistaken.”

She’d be able to say that under oath, although if she was asked about him throwing people or grabbing them it would be a different story.

The principal looked disappointed. “That’s what the team members involved said; they were just tired and clumsy after the game.”
So, in other words, the principal was willing to lie to get someone to change their story or tattle on someone else? Gee, what a great educator.

“You should stay away from that boy,” Principal Hardwick said. “He’s bad news.”
Perry would say that he's good front page news. peep

Lois knew that she couldn’t get testimony from those teachers, however. Beyond the risk of being outed before she submitted her story, she knew their jobs were all at stake. They were unlikely to talk to a highs school junior who couldn’t change anything.
Even a teacher with tenure?

For a moment, she struggled with herself. Clark had treated her with nothing but kindness and looking at his file would be a horrible violation of his privacy.

Of course, Lois had already looked at her own file. There hadn’t been a lot there, for which she was relieved.
Um... Lois, YOU looking at your own file, and YOU looking at a new friend's file, who isn't a part of your investigation, isn't the same thing at all. It is a total disregard of their trust, especially for a friend who protected you, and helped you on numerous occasions. Clark's not going to be happy to learn she's read his file.

Despite this, no one ever claimed to see him acting out in anger. This made the psychologist believe that what Clark was doing was cold and deliberate.
This analysis from talking to him ONCE every two years? That's pretty weak.

His records from Wichita Kansas suddenly stopped when he was fifteen, and the year after that he was noted as having been home schooled.

This school year his grades had been exemplary. He was back to making straight A’s, and there were no reports of behavior problems.
Home schooling aka learning to live on the streets without a home?

Lois’s mind raced; the address she’d seen for Clark couldn’t be right. According to the school records he was living with Louie, her father’s friend. Lois was friends with Louie’s daughter; they planned to go to college together, although they hadn’t been as close lately.

Still, she’d have heard if Louie had a foster kid in his household, either from Louie himself or from his daughter.
I doubt Clark lives with Louie. I'm guessing that Clark is using Louie's address to get into this better school district.

Lois was intensely aware of the camera in her bag, but suddenly the football story seemed a little less interesting.
No, Lois. Football VERY interesting. Clark BORING.

None of it made sense, and if there was anything Lois hated, it was an unsolved mystery.
[Linked Image] No! No! No! Lois don't investigate Clark. He doesn't deserve it. Just let him get his diploma and move on. PLEASE! grovel You know it's like arguing with a brick wall, trying to get her to change her mind.

Originally Posted by Colleen
I'm pretty worried about Clark now - was he involved in one of those fights the principal went out to handle? Or did the guy just drag him in to give him the third degree like he did Lois?

I could totally see that. eek And I could also see Clark believe that Lois threw him under the bus. Let's hope after what happened with her mother Friday night that he knows Lois would never do that to her.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's so sad to see the obvious evidence Clark was a victim — all the parts about foster siblings and fathers injuring their knuckles — and have him blamed for everything. No wonder he learned to deal with aggressors in a way that wouldn't hurt them.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I doubt Clark lives with Louie. I'm guessing that Clark is using Louie's address to get into this better school district.

I disagree, respectfully. Louie knows guys who know guys. I'm sure he has an ear to the ground all the time. I'm also sure he would hear about this Kent guy who backs off the predators of the streets and protects Charlie King. I'm also sure that Louie wouldn't take long to figure out that Clark is strong. I'm just not sure how much Louie knows about Clark's abilities.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard