Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I noticed that not only has the Blue Arrow for new story parts has disappeared, but that it's no longer an option.

The Zoomway board appears to be using the same software that we are now. On that board, they use the yellow-exclamation-point-in-a-red-multipoint-star (the posting icon I am using for this post) to serve the same function.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mozartmaid: I've addressed this one on the other thread. Until it's fixed, if anyone wants access then PM me or email me at dklabrat@gmail.com. Meanwhile, I'll go get you access now.

Katherine: Here, we usually use the How To forum for that kind of thing. So if you want to post in there, have at it. wink

Lynn: Looks like a problem solved! Also, it's cute!

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 04/27/14 08:32 AM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just noticed a couple of things.

1, We seem to have lost our customised LNC FAQs that was top right on the old mbs.

2. Is it just me or are only some posters' avatars showing up? I thought at first only admins' avatars were there, but Katherine's seems fine.

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 04/27/14 08:57 AM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LabRat
Mozartmaid: I've addressed this one on the other thread. Until it's fixed, if anyone wants access then PM me or email me at dklabrat@gmail.com. Meanwhile, I'll go get you access now.

I posted a link that worked for the nFC request page in the nFC access does not work thread and noticed the color of the link text being only slightly different than the normal text. I suspect the new color scheme of the site is causing this but I would prefer to be able to distinctly see the difference between text and link text. It is probably my old eyes...

Example
New Link to nFC Request Page

I also love the less cumbersome quoting scheme. No more QB blocks.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Mike.

I agree, the colour is prone to be missed. Something to be added to the fix list, I think. Hopefully, it's fixable.

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 04/27/14 09:41 AM.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just getting back to the boards now. I apologise - I had absolutely no idea that people couldn't reply to my announcement post! I also made it a 'global' announcement, in that it appears in every forum - and just now I tried to remove the global part and just feature it here, but I couldn't find a way to do it. Just another thing to figure out!

Some people have sent me PMs about nfic access: I am not the person who takes care of this, so please watch this space, and in particular posts from LabRat, for further information.

It looks like it's going to take a LONG time to get everything fixed here, and Annette is only one person, who - like everyone else - has other commitments in her life, so I'll reiterate the advice to be patient smile Same goes for LabRat with TOCs and nfic access. I bet all the issues that aren't running as we expect just yet wasn't exactly the birthday present Annette was looking for yesterday! frown

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I saw a work-around for the problem of not having different colors for read vs. unread links. When one is on the home page, one can see which folders have had changes made to them since last viewing by looking at the notepad to the left of the folder name. If it is yellow and has a pencil on it, there have been change; if it is pencilless and greyed out, it has no changes. Similarly, unread threads within a folder have a yellow folder to their left.

I would still prefer to have color-coded links the way we used to, but at least there is a way to see quickly whether there is anything new.

As Virginia said, it will take a while to get used to the new appearance.

My thanks to all who are working so hard behind the scenes to get the MB up and running again.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The whole color, fontsizes, etc thing. There's an option to select a theme in the user profile, containing also a custom LnC profile. That tells the Jimmys amongst us that the whole look and feel can be customized. One just has to sit down and do the CSS stuff and then have our trusty admins upload it to the system.

I'd certainly be willing to pitch in there.

Good to know about the links. I'll be doing my TOCs, then. Too bad about custom bookmark collections, etc, though frown And I guess the links within one's story will also be a victim, then. We so need a custom board extension for multi-part stories whistle

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LabRat
Thanks, Mike.

I agree, the colour is prone to be missed. Something to be added to the fix list, I think. Hopefully, it's fixable.

LabRat smile

It should be a CSS modification but it does seem to be Board wide so..

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I just tried searching for one of my older stories (That Old Clone of Mine) to see whether it was still there. It didn't come up in the search. I searched the fanfic folder for anything older than a day that had "Clone" in the subject line. I also searched for my name under "Display Name Search." Neither one returned the story. The "Display Name Search" in fact returned far fewer results than it should have.

Have the older posts not yet been restored?

Thanks,
Lynn

I'm wondering if there is a technical issue... When I saw your post, I went into the TOCs and manually scrolled through until I saw one of my stories. I then tried to search it several ways ('Courage') and it never came up. So your story may be there, Lynn, but I'm not sure the search engine is working properly. Any ideas, guys?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I was able to see my story when I removed ALL time restrictions, per Michael's suggestion. I had been searching for anything older than one year. And even though that story is far older than that, it hadn't shown up. But when I didn't have any age restrictions at all and when I searched for the word "Clone" in the subject line, it did show up.

I guess it will take a while to get used to the board's idiosyncracies. <Insert old huh graemlin here>

Joy,
Lynn

p.s.: Weird. I hadn't seen any graemlin list, but I just typed : huh : (without the spaces) and saw that that did invoke the relevant graemlin. Interesting. Upon closer inspection, I see that the first item in the formatting toolbar available in full reply mode does give one access to the old graemlins. I guess this just illustrates my point that the new version of the MB will take a little getting used to.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 04/27/14 12:41 PM.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Some of the links in the TOCs don't work. I was looking at the TOC for my story 'Terrible Teen Paranormal Romance: L&C Style', and the links to both the story and the comments just took me back to the forums. I did a search and fixed that, but the issue may exist with other stories, too. Also, I had to change the URL of the link to the story TOC in all of the FDK threads for 'Panem'.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just to let you know that I tried to re-register for nfic, but the link just took me back to the same page I was on.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lynn said
I hadn't seen any graemlin list

I had the same problem, then I noticed the default for a reply is "Quick Reply" - which doesn't have the graemlins or the buttons to click for "Bold" "Quote" etc.

If you click on "Switch to Full Reply Screen" (down at the bottom next to Submit & Preview buttons) you can see the graemlins and other stuff. smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vicki, you now have nfic access.

Annie, the TOC issue was flagged up earlier. Any broken links are going to have to be fixed by whoever began the TOC thread. If it was me, send me a list at dklabrat@gmail.com and I'll get to fixing them as soon as I'm able.

LabReat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 04/27/14 12:57 PM.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Some of the links in the TOCs don't work. I was looking at the TOC for my story 'Terrible Teen Paranormal Romance: L&C Style', and the links to both the story and the comments just took me back to the forums. I did a search and fixed that, but the issue may exist with other stories, too. Also, I had to change the URL of the link to the story TOC in all of the FDK threads for 'Panem'.
Hi Annie!

Yeah, some old links no longer work. Nobody knows why. Labby said she'd work on fixing them manually in the TOCs. But I'm sure she'd appreciate everyone fixing the links in TOCs they created themselves smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Vicki,

I had been in full reply mode; I just hadn't at first paid any attention to the formatting toolbar (where the graemlins are); as I indicated in the p.s. (edited) version of my post, I did eventually figure it out.

Thanks,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Annette has just mailed the link to a ticketing system for reporting issues. I've stickied the post to the top of this forum.

To be fixed an issue MUST be entered into this system.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Re. helping LabRat with TOCs - if you don't have access to edit TOCs yourself, but were willing to gather links to fix a specific TOC, I'm sure LabRat would really appreciate it, as all she'd have to do is enter them in the TOC post.

I like the fact that people are posting about things they like about the new boards, and features and workarounds they're discovering. How about posting these in How-To? Here's a thread for them.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll edit my own TOCs, Labrat, because it would take you 100 years just to do my epics alone. lol

As anyone whose taken a gander at my TOC pages, you'll see I tend to put in a bunch of extras in them (like author notes, disclaimers, notes to the Reader, etc.). I hope you don't mind but to help me organize my TOCs I'm going to create a "TOCs for VirginiaR's stories" folder and put all my TOCs in there for ease of access to me while I fix all the broken links (as I imagine this will be a long process). I will also add a link to the Archived version of each story for Readers to access in the meantime. All my stories, with the exception of my current Wrong Clark WIP, are already on the Archives.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard