Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#252881 04/27/14 01:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boy! You're right, Wendy, it sure looks different.

I noticed that not only has the Blue Arrow for new story parts has disappeared, but that it's no longer an option. Is this what you mean by "graphics"? Also, I see that there's a new "Watched Topic" (and/or author?) section. I'm interested to see instructions about this new feature.

Not that it's a big deal, I also noted a change in my Member #.

I have to admit my eyes will need time to adjust to this new look.

Thanks for all of your hard work. /applauds wildly/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Could you post the things you've noticed in the announcement thread in FF-Related? It would be helpful to keep everything together. Thanks!

(And my member number changed as well. Weird, but no big deal)

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um... This is FF-Related forum... isn't it? I tried to reply to your original post, Wendy, but was told it wasn't accepting replies, which is why I started this new thread.

I recommend everyone to go to "My Stuff" section and edit your preferences as some of the choices have changed. Some of these changes include how you view the boards, how many responses you'll see to topics, etc.

Also, you can change your "Mood" by clicking the down arrow next to your username in the upper right hand corner. (In case you aren't in the mood to be smile )

Thanks for letting me know the discussions for our polls are still there, even if the polls themselves are gone. (I'll have to re-do my "Favorite Clark Kent", etc. polls. Good thing I have all my data, somewhere... I think.) Will there be a new way to do polls, or will this feature disappear?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/27/14 01:33 AM. Reason: Smilie looked wrong

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh. Cool! I just got your response, Wendy, in my email and it had the content of your post in the email, just like the PM notices. thumbsup Love it!

I also like the feature where you can note when you've edited a post, because I do this A LOT! Sometimes I want it noted when I've added something new, and sometimes (as when I notice a typo) I don't. I like that we can either note it (as I did above when I switched my smilie from laugh to smile ) or not, as when I edited my original message earlier.

New Stuff: I just re-posted my Bid to your Beta services, Wendy, as that somehow got lost in the update. No problemo. I should have my bids recorded somewhere on my computer. But I noticed two things when responding. I quoted Michael's post, which only allowed me to see HIS post out of all the previous posts. Secondly, the look of the quoted text appear differently. There was something else, but now it's slipped my mind.

Also, note all the cool new font extras we can do in our post besides bold and italics, we can now underline, cross stuff out that way and do this fun thing
Spoiler
(which is called "spoiler"). lol We can add color and change size. We can even change the type of font we use in our posts. Having too much fun playing around on the new boards!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/27/14 01:55 AM. Reason: Added more stuff

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, went to check out the TOC for (let's see if this link thing works) WRONG CLARK. It looked fine, but when I went to click on the link to my newest posted part (#169), I was sent to the LnC Boards Main Forum Page. shock Same thing happened when I clicked on the "Comments" link. Let's hope this is just a glitch which will be corrected in time. grovel

Author's Note: For anyone reading Wrong Clark, I have corrected the broken links for the latest part (but the latest part only), which can be accessed via the above TOC link.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/27/14 02:22 AM. Reason: Added A/N

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um... I just clicked on the Nfic Boards and was let in without updating my password. Then I discovered that to READ an actual post, one will be denied without a password. blush But anyone can read the subject list without a password. This is new.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't know why the upgrade doesn't like Darth Michael, but many of his previous posts were shortened to only smilies or deleted (except his name) on the update. Has this happened to anyone else's posts?

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Noticed that you have to login to the boards to see any threads at all.

Also noticed the missing posts. And something went terribly wrong indeed with my posts. e.g. here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/100167/FDK_-_Wrong_Clark_%28168/???%29#Post100167

This two-part FDK should have been about 6 Word pages worth of FDK, including 30 images.

Here, too: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/100079/FDK_-_Wrong_Clark_%28167/???%29#Post100079

More lost content: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/137288/%22Big_Bang_Theory%22_Ch#Post137288
And that was just a quick reply.

Another one: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/170608/Re:_Hypothetical_Question_time#Post170608
Everything before the wave Michael is gone.

Labby found two more right here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/170250/Re:_Archive_Running_Low...#Post170250

Also, external links to the threads no longer work. It appears that there's no redirect. Same goes for some TOCs, e.g. Virginia's Wrong Clark, while for instance Shane's Vagrant (http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/172846/Vagrant_by_ShayneT_%28Complete%29#Post172846) is okay.

Less of an issue: The automatic linkification of URLs is gone.
and the posting time is wrong in http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/252743/Re:_Offer:_Beta_Services#Post252743 . Says I posted at 1:52am, that can't be right. And yes, that's the time after I checked the timezone settings.

dizzy mecry help Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 04/27/14 11:01 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael

Hope this changes. I often send links to a friend who would be interested, but hasn't actually signed up.

Personally, if I couldn't see what I was signing up to then I wouldn't have signed up.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Originally Posted by Darth Michael

Hope this changes. I often send links to a friend who would be interested, but hasn't actually signed up.

Personally, if I couldn't see what I was signing up to then I wouldn't have signed up.

Yeah, I'm quite certain that this is just a settings/permission issue that still needs to be configured.

On an unrelated note, the PayPal link is gone from the top of the boards.

2nd unrelated note: Am I correct that the watched topics have been reset? It's great that we can now also watch topics that we didn't start, but it also means writers need to re-watch their FDK threads blush

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 04/27/14 04:03 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Please bear with us. Keep a list of what you see that is different.

Later on today I'll set up a ticketing system where you can go and enter what issues you see, individually. This will give us a chance to address things or explain things. Then we can check things off as they are fixed.

Because of the huge gap between versions not everything will be able to be fixed. Some features are just gone and replaced with new ones. Prime example are the polls.

The TOCs? If there is a linking problem that will be up to the author, or whomever is in charge of keeping the TOC updated for that particular story.

Again, be patient. Things will be fixed or explained as we find them.

Remember that this is as much of a learning curve for the admins as it is for all of you.

Thanks,
Annette

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This new look will indeed take a bit of getting used to.

One problem I am having is that the site no longer seems to be color-coding links to indicate which links I have looked at and which ones I have not. (In the past, unviewed links were in orange and viewed ones were in a dark blue/light purple color.) I found that color coding extremely useful to be able to see at a glance if there were anything new on the MB,

I'm surprised no one else has commented on this, so I'm wondering if it is just me. I didn't see any preference to set to change this behaviour. Is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The TOCs? If there is a linking problem that will be up to the author, or whomever is in charge of keeping the TOC updated for that particular story.

I guess that's me, then. As I've had to do the majority of them over the years when authors didn't. Okay, anyone spotting a link needing fixed can report them to me either by PM or by email at dklabrat@gmail.com.

Be warned though, fixing may be a slow process. I'll get to them as I'm able.

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 04/27/14 07:35 AM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
When I tried to reregister for the nfic section by clicking the link provided for the request form, I got this UBB message: File not found: scripts/http.inc.php

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just tried searching for one of my older stories (That Old Clone of Mine) to see whether it was still there. It didn't come up in the search. I searched the fanfic folder for anything older than a day that had "Clone" in the subject line. I also searched for my name under "Display Name Search." Neither one returned the story. The "Display Name Search" in fact returned far fewer results than it should have.

Have the older posts not yet been restored?

Thanks,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LabRat

I guess that's me, then. As I've had to do the majority of them over the years when authors didn't. Okay, anyone spotting a link needing fixed can report them to me either by PM or by email at dklabrat@gmail.com.

Be warned though, fixing may be a slow process. I'll get to them as I'm able.

LabRat smile

Thanks Lab. I'm going to make sure all mine are correct. But I don't envy you the job of looking after all the ones you created on behalf of authors, or when the author has long gone, or even when the author just can't be bothered.

*hugs*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lynn, try removing all time restrictions on the search form. The default is just one year.

Michael

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Michael,

Thanks, Michael. That did the trick. I had removed the "Newer than" restriction and I made the old restriction "Older than one day." Since the search had returned some things, I had assumed that the original post dates had been preserved with the restore. Part of the problem, I think, is that the new search will return a maximum of 300 *posts* (the old search returned entire threads rather than individual posts), and that story had been crowded out by newer posts.

I guess this is a feature, not a bug, then.

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is there a way to open up the editing function in the TOC forums so LabRat can get help with updating links?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by amciotola
Please bear with us. Keep a list of what you see that is different.

Later on today I'll set up a ticketing system where you can go and enter what issues you see, individually. This will give us a chance to address things or explain things. Then we can check things off as they are fixed.

Just had a thought. What about a new forum for Technical support? I've seen similar on other boards. And we could work through all these problems there. And then it will be available in the future when something happens, or a new person arrives who can't figure something out.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard