Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fanwork Type: One original LnC-based FanFic from 1,000 to 10,000 words (1-3 part story). Theme, plot, and/or characters chosen by winning bidder. Story will be posted on boards upon completion with winning bidder’s literary contribution noted.

I am willing to include: Brainstorming sessions with me to finalize plot points (if desired) or bidder can give just me the details and we’ll see where my muse runs with that. Winning Bid will get first read and final approval of story prior to posting on boards. Plots can be WAFFy, drama, revelation, holiday, romance, time-travel, inter-dimensional travel, and/or nfic.

I am not willing to include: Lois or Clark marriage/romance with other characters (unless it ends within fic), but other character romances okay within reason (i.e. writer approval). Sequels to my works in progress and Archived stories, unless tangent to main story line. I’d prefer not to write violent fic, deathfic, or crossovers.

Any further information: I love to brainstorm ideas and discuss plot bunnies. My stories tend to be on the longer side, so I have given myself wiggle room to fully explore the plot. If you want a shorter story (within a certain K-word count), let me know. I like a challenge. I can write shorter stories but, strangely enough, they take longer to write due to limiting myself (my muse, and characters) and editing to be more concise. I can usually write within a one to two month turnaround time, depending on RL (summer holiday is coming up) and my muse. If you would like any clarification on the above-referenced points, please PM me. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I bid $5. I think you would do a good job on Brutal Youth. But I'm willing to discuss other episodes.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/raises bid to 10/

I'm thinking about this one, here

wave Michael

Edit:
Link in new format:
http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/170608/Re:_Hypothetical_Question_time#Post170608
Sadly, the prompt has been lost to the ether. It was based on this post
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
How do immigrants or tourists get a marriage license? I guess someone who is here legally would have a passport they could use as id.
My husband and I were married out of the country. We needed to have a marriage certificate from the country in which we were married and present it to the U.S. Consulate office (i.e. Embassy) in that country to apply for a visa for him to return to the U.S. (He had been here previously on a student visa, which expired upon his graduation.) Our (first and official) "wedding" was basically signing the official paperwork with a notary with his family. We later had another more traditional "wedding" (repeating our vows) for my family.

We had more trouble trying to add him on to my health insurance (years later) because they wouldn't accept our out-of-country marriage certificate (proving that he was my husband). Granted it looks like a dot-matrix printout with foreign stamps on it, but - hey - that's not *my* fault. It took me saying to the corporate idiots that "if the certificate was good enough for the U.S. government, it should be good enough for you" to finally get them to shut up about it and accept him as my legal husband. :rolleyes:
Idea was:
Lois as a concubine.
Lois being mad that her status as 'wife' of Clark is not recognized by the US gvt. when she was clearly bonded to him by the New Kryptonians. Who, given their space-faring nature must have been more advanced. Or maybe the other way around, the NK not recognizing her marriage certificate to Clark and won't accept her as a concubine for their Lord Kal El. Something along those lines. I think the original idea had a bit more zing to it but I can't recreate it right now frown

Last edited by Darth Michael; 04/27/14 04:19 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Raises bid to $15.00

I got plenty of ideas ... but lets wait to see if I win.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock

$20!

[Linked Image] Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Argh. I'm off to bed now. It's not fair that this is going to end while I'm all zzzzzz.

I'll up to 25.00 then.

sleep

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WINNER:

KatherineKent, at a bid of $25. Congratulations!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Congratulations, Victoria!
I knew I should have stayed up wink
wave Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! I won. Woo hoo.

Sorry Michael. *hugs* I thought I'd still be outbid anyway while I was asleep.

KatherineKent/Victoria
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
I thought I'd still be outbid anyway while I was asleep.
I had been pretty amazed that there were no 7:58pm or so bids placed in any auctions in an attempt to snatch a last-second win. Then again, considering the great FoLCs here, I shouldn't be surprised that everyone was so polite in their bidding.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Congratulations, KatherineKent. I'm curious what you'll come up for me.

Don't worry, Michael, your plot bunny has already been nibbling away at my muse and you might end up with a short story out of it, anyway (with full credit). smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooh! Sweet! [Linked Image] Michael

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard