Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#252724 04/14/14 04:32 PM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Please post every item you are offering in a new thread, so that it can be bid on separately – even if that means you are posting several threads.

Set out the details of your offer clearly, using the following model:

Fanwork Type Details (size, etc)
I am willing to include:
I am not willing to include:
Any further information:

Example
Fanwork Type: One fanfic
Details: Minimum 1000 words
I am willing to include: all main canon characters, plots including action, drama, revelation, romance, nfic, kidfic, early years or future
I am not willing to include: romance other than Lois/Clark, deathfic, explicit violence
Any further information: I love writing revelation fic! I am not a very fast writer, but will do my best to finish the winning bidder’s fic within one month of the auction ending
Example:
Fanwork type: Art: a fic poster, OR three icons
Details: poster 300x400; icons 100x100
I am willing to include: images of main canon characters, photo manips, text, other easily-obtainable images
I am not willing to include: manips purporting to show nudity, manips showing Lois or Clark making out with someone other than each other
Any further information: I can make animated icons for sites that support those
Be as specific as you can, so that bidders will know exactly what they’re getting.

If you plan to offer incentives to up the bidding, you could mention that in your offer post as well: for example, I’ve seen auctions where the person offering the item will offer a drabble (100-word ficlet) or a single icon for the first bid of $50 or more, regardless of the outcome of the auction.

While offers are being posted, it will not be possible to post replies to threads - this is so that people don't get excited and start bidding early! So don't worry if you notice that you can't reply to an offer thread before bidding has started - that's not a bug, it's a feature goofy

Bidding on each item will happen in the individual thread, so please try not to post replies to the offer other than bids, once the forum is open to bidding. If you have questions for the person offering, try PMing. Offerors are welcome to edit their offer post to clarify something if necessary.

Please note that it is possible that the boards may close for up to 8 hours at some stage during the auction. This is to perform essential work related to the software upgrade. Once we know when this closure is going to happen, we'll let you know, and if the timing affects stated auction start or finish times we will make an appropriate adjustment if possible.

Any questions? confused Ask away!

Wendy smile
Forum Moderator

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#252725 04/14/14 05:08 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
What about for something like Ken's situation, where he wants to offer the e-books for anyone who donates over a certain amount? Would he post here, too? And maybe his post could stay open for replies unlike the others for now?

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#252726 04/14/14 05:22 PM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A new forum now exists for that kind of offer: Fundraising Swag !

If you are offering to provide something in return for a donation - for example, Ken's very generous offer of e-books of fanfic - post your offer as a new thread. State the minimum donation you want in order to provide your offer. Anyone can reply accepting the offer - again, in Ken's case, stating the specific fic you want as an ebook.

Make sense? If it's clear as mud, tell me goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard