Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I stumbled across a recent Forbes article this morning and thought it was an interesting commentary. Bryan Singer apparently is blaming Superman Return's debated failure on the fact that he made the movie to appeal to women. razz , and d) is trying to alienate all of the movie watching public out there into boycotting his future movie endeavors. huh (1/2 for this comment and half because he's making movies which appeal to women, i.e. instead of those which appeal to men, so men will no longer want to see his films.) I'm hoping that Bryan Singer was misquoted, because that seems like a very bad mistake (statement) for anyone in Hollywood to make.

It does make me wonder though, what would Superman Returns looked like (just plot ideas, not the actual script that was used) had another director, such as M. Night Shyamalan, been at the helm instead of Bryan Singer? /I personally thought "Unbreakable" was a terrific, non-stereotypical super hero film./

What do you think?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Singer's said something along these lines multiple times now and every single time I comment on this statement. He really doesn't understand that so many women don't LIKE the idea of either Clark or Lois with someone else (Lana being the possible exception until recently.) Also, it probably didn't help it that Smallville was also going on at the time and would have put a VERY different take and characterization of Martha and Clark than Singer did (and Smallville happened to be pretty popular with women as well.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Given that the plot line hinged on it being a 'loose' sequel to Superman II with Supes disappearing shortly after defeating Zod & Co (at which time he promised never to abandon Earth OR he turned back time to prevent Zod & Co's attack) and coming back years later to discover his one nighter with Lois produced a child...

How did a studio exec actually give this a go?

(Don't misunderstand me, I love SR - so many plot holes a fanfiction writer can really get his/her teeth into, just begging for fixes.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard