Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/wonder-woman-cast-batman-superman-film-180335846.html

Seems kind of weird to be introducing not only Batman but also Wonder Woman in the sequel. I'm not sure how this is going to go over. They might be introducing too many characters all at once.

Top Banana
Top Banana
It doesn't seem so much like a Superman movie as a JLA movie.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
I'll be okay if it's just a cameo. If they're going to try and add her in completely, then we're gonna have a major problem. They'd have to be incredible to pull it off perfectly.

The actress doesn't seem too bad though. Never seen her before (I barely slept through less than an hour of the first "Fast and Furious" movie, so I haven't seen her there either) but she looks okay for the part. I hope her acting at least is good.

I've decided not to jump to conclusions yet, because each piece of bad news revealed might just work out. My hopes aren't that high, but we'll see. I've decided that Warner Bros. is simply trying to compete with Avengers 2 (which comes out within months? of their release date) and they'll do anything to beat it out.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I've decided not to jump to conclusions yet, because each piece of bad news revealed might just work out. My hopes aren't that high, but we'll see. I've decided that Warner Bros. is simply trying to compete with Avengers 2 (which comes out within months? of their release date) and they'll do anything to beat it out.
If Warner Bros actually start to put some effort into producing movie series rather than endless origin stories, and try to compete with Marvel on every level, it would not be a bad thing. I for one would love to see e.g. a JLA or JLI TV series along the lines of Agents of SHIELD

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
After having some time to think about this, I'd like to add some more thoughts. I haven't seen Gal Gadot act before, so I can't really comment on how much I like or dislike the news of her being cast as Wonder Woman, but I would like to add some thoughts about Wonder Woman's inclusion in the movie.

The characters of Lois, Perry, and Martha have been previously confirmed as making appearances in the film, but unless Wonder Woman doesn't play a big part, then I'm starting to think that Superman's supporting cast might make nothing more than just cameo appearances in this film. If this is meant to be a Justice League movie instead of a direct sequel to "Man of Steel," that doesn't bother me too much unless we never actually get a direct sequel to "Man of Steel." After all, Gwyneth Paltrow only had a cameo appearance in "The Avengers," but she still played a big role in "Iron Man 2" and "Iron Man 3," so I'm sure we'd see more of Lois, Perry, and Martha if "Man of Steel 2" ever gets made. However, if we don't actually get a proper sequel to "Man of Steel" at some point, I'll be really disappointed. The idea of a Justice League movie does really excite me, but I don't want it at the expense of Superman getting his own film series.

If this is going to be a Justice League film, then the writing will have to be very good in order for it to work since the general movie audience won't know all of the characters beforehand. Introducing them all at once will be tricky. It's doable, but it's going to be tricky. Taking the approach that Marvel took by introducing all of their characters before they made "The Avengers" would probably be easier.

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Originally posted by Annie B.:
It doesn't seem so much like a Superman movie as a JLA movie.
Agreed, and it's annoying to me. There are so many things that could be done so well with an immediate followup to the MOS, but JLA movie isn't one of them, IMO (though obviously I hope I'm wrong). I was really hoping to see the world react to Superman and to see the competing narratives between those who blame Supes for what happened and those who don't and so on. I'd have been much happier with separate JLA and MOS II movies, with MOS II coming first.

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard