Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/will-batman-have-a-girlfriend-in-man-of-steel-2

No word yet on who the actress will be playing, but apparently, Batman will be getting a love interest of his own for the new movie. I guess that means we won't see a Lois/Superman/Batman love triangle.

Any guesses as to whom Batman's love interest might be? Catwoman? Vicki Vale?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sounds like they're really trying to take Superman's sequel away from him, doesn't it?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At least they won't use Lois as the reason for Batman and Superman antagonism. That would be too cliché and unimaginative. But I still don't like Batman butting in a Superman movie. grumble

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I'm hoping that we get a proper sequel to "Man of Steel" without other superheroes at some point. A Batman/Superman team up film appeals to me, but I hope we aren't getting it at the expense of Superman having his own film series. I'm also hoping that Batman doesn't take over this movie completely. Superman and his world should get at least an equal amount of time as what they'll be showing of Batman and his world.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
For what it is worth it is not 100% clear that this casting call is actually for a love-interest for Batman.

Still, I would much prefer that to a Bruce/Lois/Clark love triangle.

We still know nothing about the movie, so it is too soon to despair about it. Still, at some level I think if they left Batman out it would be that much harder to ever work him in. If Batman exists in Superman's world, it makes sense that he shows up.

John Pack Lambert
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
There is some speculation I've seen that the woman who is being cast is going to play...

P

O

S

S

I

B

L

E

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Wonder Woman.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I've seen speculation to that effect, but no evidence that is very convincing.

As long as they leave Lois and Clark as a couple, I really don't mind them bringing anyone else in.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As long as she is Batman's love interest, I don't mind. But if they intend to make her the reason for Batman and Superman's rivalry, I'll HATE it and am not going to watch it. Really hope that is not the case, as Lois will be in the movie, too.

IMO, Superman and Batman are already a "crowd". If they want to make a Justice League movie, fine, do it, but in JL movie. razz

Andreia (hoping they afford us at least some glimpse of Lois and Clark's romance in a movie so hero-packed) frown

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
One theory is if they do insert WW, they will only reveal that is what is up in the final scene. I doubt they will, but who knows.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard