Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I really think E22 would have worked with Lois and Clark instead of Clark and Henderson. The lack of Lois was really odd in some episodes.

grumble they really failed to ever develop anythign with Lois and Clark.

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I really think E22 would have worked with Lois and Clark instead of Clark and Henderson. The lack of Lois was really odd in some episodes.

grumble they really failed to ever develop anythign with Lois and Clark.
Eh, don't forget this is a different time period. Adult relationships were almost nil on tv (I mean, even the two bed stuff.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just found the entire series on sale brand new for $40 hyper so I'll be coming back to review more of these soon. No more having to wait for the disks from Netflix. Now, if I had only bought Smallville the entire series as a pre-order for $100 from the WB online shop shock

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I just found the entire series on sale brand new for $40 hyper so I'll be coming back to review more of these soon. No more having to wait for the disks from Netflix. Now, if I had only bought Smallville the entire series as a pre-order for $100 from the WB online shop shock
Congratulations on acquiring the complete series on DVD. It really is a good show. I hope enjoy finishing the episodes as much as I did.

Good luck at finding “Smallville” on sale at some point, as well. I’ve personally been buying each season individually at a used DVD store for about $12 a set. The only ones I don’t have yet are the last two seasons.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I finally convinced my kids to start watching this show with me again (it's been a whole year. shock Lois, for some reason, isn't too surprised that Clark is unhurt but in need of an overcoat to cover up his damaged clothes. She even looks Clark in the face -- his glasses-free face -- *while* they discuss Superman, and is none the wiser. [Linked Image] This is also the first episode of the AoS show staring Noel Neill as Lois Lane. She had also played Lois Lane for the Kirk Alyn serials.

S2.E2 - "The Big Squeeze" - Daily Planet's nominee for Metropolis Citizen of the Year is being blackmailed to keep his past of being an ex-con a secret.

I guess Lois's deep background check on their nominee wasn't that deep. Secrets were easier to keep and pasts kept hidden back in the 1950s. Back then, one could really move on with one's life after paying one's debt to society... unless your past comes looking for you.

These episodes really highlight Clark as a fighter for the underdog (or Mole Men, as the case may be), the innocent, and the unjustly persecuted.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
Good luck at finding “Smallville” on sale at some point, as well. I’ve personally been buying each season individually at a used DVD store for about $12 a set. The only ones I don’t have yet are the last two seasons.
I was able to find S9 and S10 of Smallville on sale at Best Buy for $15 ea. (my birthday gift to myself), but unfortunately, S8 was regular price, so I still have to slug my way through waiting for the disks from Netflix.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The only ones I don’t have yet are the last two seasons.
Make sure you don't miss them! They are the best seasons for Lois and Clark!

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Funny that you should happen to start watching "Adventures of Superman" again. It just so happens that I've been watching the show over again. I've been watching a few episodes each weekend for the past few weeks. At the moment, I'm currently midway through season one.

Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
The only ones I don’t have yet are the last two seasons.
Make sure you don't miss them! They are the best seasons for Lois and Clark!
I bought the last two seasons some time ago and just recently finished watching them for the first time since they first aired on TV. I agree - they are the best seasons for Lois and Clark.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
Funny that you should happen to start watching "Adventures of Superman" again. It just so happens that I've been watching the show over again. I've been watching a few episodes each weekend for the past few weeks. At the moment, I'm currently midway through season one.
Since we re-started watching them last week, my daughter has been begging us to watch it every night. /Fist pump: Hooked another generation to SM!/ We finished another couple of episodes I still need to log and we're in the middle of "A Shot in the Dark" - where a kid gets a photo of Clark changing into Superman in the alley behind the Daily Planet. shock I can't wait to see how that ends. So far, Clark's doing great at denying everything, but I'm not sure he's convinced Jimmy.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
S2.E3 - "The Man Who Could Read Minds" - Lois and Jimmy are hard on the trail of a gang of thieves who B&E without leaving a trace. The one clue they find leads them to a nightclub act.

We really get to see Lois and Jimmy working together to foil the thieves (against Perry's instruction), while Clark Kent and Perry work the MPD's Inspector Henderson to catch the burglars through official means.

S2.E4 - "Jet Ace" - Perry's nephew tests fighter planes for the military. While taking a much needed holiday in the mountains to write up his latest report, he's kidnapped.

While the last episode focused mostly on Lois and Jimmy, Superman is back front and center here from rescuing the tired test pilot (without anyone knowing he did) to setting up a trap to catch the bad guys (okay). Clark lets Perry's nephew (his name slips my mind, though) take over when the kidnapper is brought to light, much to Lois's chagrin. "Not that you helped any, Clark!" We don't get a wink, but we do get a direct camera smile.

S2.E5 "Shot in the Dark" - A kid with a red light camera takes a photo of Clark Kent changing into his Superman Suit! Unfortunately, the kid has *also* taken a shot of bad guy willing to do anything to get that photo back.

This is my favorite episode to date. Hilariously funny as you see Clark squirming as the boy's aunt calls him "Superman" in front of Jimmy. clap Definitely worth a view! Most like our LnC characters. I really enjoyed it.

I noticed in this episode that *only* Jimmy isn't allowed to call Perry "Chief" (Clark and Lois both do). Also, for some reason, Lois calls Clark "Mr. Kent" throughout this episode, but he calls her "Lois". I don't know if she's being sarcastic (it's possible). I'm going to keep an ear out to see if that happens in future episodes I watch.

S2.E6 - "The Defeat of Superman" - A scientist working for "Happy" King a notorious criminal discovers that Superman has a weakness to a meteorite from the extinct planet of Krypton. He creates a synthetic copy of Kryptonite to rid Metropolis of the hero for King.

This is the first showing of Kryptonite in the series.

S2.E7 - "Superman in Exile" - While helping out some nuclear scientists with a runaway experiment, Superman become radioactive. He exiles himself (and Clark Kent) to the mountains to keep everyone safe. Criminals in Metropolis have field day.

This one reminded me a bit of "Super Mann" from LnC's S3, except that Superman comes up with another way to rid himself of his radioactivity. Lois begins to suspect Clark's close relationship with Superman when they both leave Metropolis at the same time.

S2.E8 - "A Ghost For Scotland Yard" - Clark and Jimmy are in England and trip over a story where a dead man has threatened vengeance on some people from his past. Perry insists they stay and investigate. Is it really a ghost terrorizing these people or a con man?

This episode doesn't have Lois Lane in it. frown I'm not quite sure why it needed to be set in England, either, unless the dead man needed to be as far from Superman's usual haunts.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
S2.E9 - "The Dog Who Knew Superman" - Superman rescues dog from well and then recognizes Clark when they bump into one another in Metropolis. The dog's owners want to cash in on the dog's keen sense of smell.

My kids and I really enjoyed this episode. Clark is adorable with the dog. You really want Clark to end up with the dog in the end, even though he has an owner who loves him to death. Unfortunately, she's married to a thoughtless mobster, who dropped the dog in the well in the first place. Mobster realizes that the dog can identify Superman by his smell and tries to use him to find Superman's secret identity.

Funniest thing about this episode, the hoodlum calls his peroxide blonde wife (the dog's owner) "Chicken" as an endearment. hyper

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
S2.E12 - "Panic in the Sky" - THIS is the original story ASU is based on.

Clark's amnesia is much more multi-layered than in the modern NSoS. He hits Earth in a dazed manner but in the Super suit, but he has enough memory to change into Clark's business suit and flag down a passing motorist. Somehow, he can remember where Clark's apartment is, but not who Jimmy is. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
---
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
During the time the show was on the air, some of the plots that were used in the show were borrowed from the comics and vice versa. One example of where this happened was "Panic in the Sky," though I can't recall whether the story originated with the show or with the comic in this case. If you'd like to read the comic book version of "Panic in the Sky"/"All Shook Up," check out a book titled "Superman in the Fifties."

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]S2.E12 Perry starts yelling at Clark for faking his memory loss and not having his story. (It's at times like this, that I have to say I *love* our Perry much more than this always gruff Perry.)[/b]
I completely agree! The "too gruff" personality of some of the other versions of Perry White is one of the reasons that Lane Smith's portrayal of Perry is my favorite portrayal of the character. I think he had the perfect amount of gruffness without going overboard.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard