Print Thread
#251656 05/24/13 03:43 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, there I was, moving a Superman-related thread into Off Topic when it occurred to me that I've done this a lot over the years and it's always bugged me. They're not LNC-related and so don't fit into any other forum on the mbs, but still, they are about Superman and so it's always seemed a tad mean to dump them into Off Topic.

So, I asked Annette if it was possible to fit in a new forum and - as usual - she came up trumps.

So from now on you can post Superman-related discussions here. Be it movies, alternative TV shows, comics, news etc.

Please do note that this forum abides by the same rules as the rest of the mbs. Primarily, that means a PG13 content limit and no actor gossip, please.

And to celebrate our shiny new home for such things, I'm going to move Ken's thread out of OT to here. wink

Have fun!

LabRat and Annette :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Yay! I know there are other Superman (general) fans here so it's nice to have a forum section dedicated to that.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great idea, Labrat! clap It always seemed so strange to have to put discussions about Superman in "off topic". Thank you!

Would you mind if we made requests for particular topics/discussions to be moved to this thread from "Off Topic" (if we post a link to the thread in this discussion)? Or will that be too much work and we should just post all future Superman topics/discussions here?

EDIT: I'm almost surprised that you put this under "general discussion" and not under "Superman in Other Canon: Related Discussion". Of course, it will be noticed here more (since not all of us scroll down to that other new section on a daily basis).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for this new forum.

Lois & Clark has been my gateway drug to all things Superman, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss non-L&C Superman-related things in a special forum here. I know there are plenty of other online venues for such discussions, but this is by far the friendliest, from what I've seen.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Thanks for this new forum.

Lois & Clark has been my gateway drug to all things Superman, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss non-L&C Superman-related things in a special forum here. I know there are plenty of other online venues for such discussions, but this is by far the friendliest, from what I've seen.

Joy,
Lynn
Agreed, Lynn. Although I do wonder if it's because we all (or I would expect a good majority) of us tend to agree on one or two truths that are now being hotly debated.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I'm delighted you're happy. goofy

Would you mind if we made requests for particular topics/discussions to be moved to this thread from "Off Topic" (if we post a link to the thread in this discussion)? Or will that be too much work and we should just post all future Superman topics/discussions here?
I don't really have the free time to move threads en masse from OT into here, Virginia, no (though don't think for one moment that the part of me that is OC about this kind of thing didn't briefly consider it before being firmly reined in by my more sensible side. laugh ).

However, if there's the odd thread that you think would benefit from being moved - if you think it might revive the conversation for example - let me have the url and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I'm almost surprised that you put this under "general discussion" and not under "Superman in Other Canon: Related Discussion". Of course, it will be noticed here more (since not all of us scroll down to that other new section on a daily basis).
I wanted to keep it firmly separate from the Superman IOC section, because that section is all about fanfic. And it just seemed a natural fit to place it directly beneath the LNC folder, because they complement each other and are both discussion folders.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! Cool! What's funny is that I never really thought about it until now... but now that we have it I'm not sure how we went without it for so long! :p I'm of course a fan of all things Superman, so I'm glad about this change. It makes sense to give it a category of its own. Smart thinking, Labby! thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LabRat:
I don't really have the free time to move threads en masse from OT into here, Virginia, no (though don't think for one moment that the part of me that is OC about this kind of thing didn't briefly consider it before being firmly reined in by my more sensible side. laugh ).

However, if there's the odd thread that you think would benefit from being moved - if you think it might revive the conversation for example - let me have the url and I'll see what I can do.
The only two threads/discussions I was thinking of was my "review" of the George Reeves original series "Adventures of Superman", but when I finally get around to breaking the seal on my new DVDs, I can just start it up again here and post a link to my first discussion over in "off topics". And the other was the most recent discussion of the new "Man of Steel" movie, since it will be released in 3 weeks or so. But we can always start a new discussion about it. No prob. smile1

I like the new forum and plan on using it often. <<collective "duh" from the rest of the people on the boards>>. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, seems like a good thing to do. I don't know if it is just my perception, but it seems like Superman is a pretty hot topic in general media these days. I remember when the first Richard Donner movies came out it was like a small group of people coming to the movies. Now it is everywhere in the general media.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard