From Chapter 10: Betrayal

"Take off the dress."

"What?" she choked out and her legs almost gave out under her.

"The dress. I think you need to earn the right to wear it again." Lois immediately knew what he was insinuating. But possibly this was to her benefit. The dress was bulky and heavy, and thank the Lord she had put her slip on underneath it when getting dressed. Feeling more confident she began unlacing it, strongly, defiantly. It fell to the floor and crumpled round her feet. She needed to step out. Trying to look completely natural she stepped out … backwards … putting herself closer to the ship's edge and further from the crowd of pirates.

"Now … ‘my Lois’ … I think it's time to return to work." He narrowed his eyes on the final word and swept his gaze down her body. "Now …" he continued but Lois took the word personally to heart.

‘Now,’ she thought, then turned and leapt off the ship.

Lois dragged herself out of the surf attempting to hold up her sodden shift to keep it from tangling round her legs. Stumbling up the gently sloping, warm, sandy beach she looked up and around, trying to catch sight of Kal. Had he made it to shore already? He did get pushed off the ship before her. But he was injured. Was he drowning, bleeding into the sea. Panic overtook her when she couldn't see him. She turned back to the sea. The Kandor was already heading off to the horizon leaving her behind. Searching the waves she held her breath looking for the tiniest sign: a dark patch of water, a hand struggling up to the surface. She waded back in striding along and calling out. The panic inside her was now out of control.

"Kal!" She screamed out. "Kal! Please, are you out there." A sob escaped her and she strode further back into the waves. Her shift became swamped by the waves again, wrapping around her legs. It became difficult to move easily. She cried out again. "Kal! Please. Answer me."

"Lois?" she heard. Whipping around to the clear and steady sound coming from behind she saw Kal striding out from the tree line.

"Kal," she called in relief and set off running as fast as her water-logged nightgown would allow.

"Lois," he whispered back, but she could see his lips moving as he ran to her. When they met, half way up the beach, she opened her arms and he took hold of her tightly. "Lois, I thought you were back on the ship. I thought …" his voice trailed off and he brought his lips to her neck. Quickly kissing round to her mouth she found herself smiling into his seeking lips. She returned his kiss, trailing her hand up to his hair and holding on tight. When he finally lifted his head, and their eyes met, he smiled. She could see them glistening. "I thought you were back there. With Corbin. I … Oh goodness, I thought I'd had to leave you with him … leave you to…"

He couldn't finish the thought and he just dived for her mouth again. She opened up for him and melted into his embrace. When he left her mouth and went searching for the crook of her neck she whispered out. "I couldn't stay. I couldn't let him touch me. And I couldn't leave you Kal. I can't leave you."

"Oh Lois," he groaned and lowered her to the sand.

Kal took her to the heights of ecstasy as usual. The sun beating down on their bodies, the warm sand caressing her back, the rustle of the wind in the palm trees behind them. It all combined into the perfect setting which overwhelmed Lois emotions. She cried out as Kal thrust deep inside her and whispered into her ear of his relief that she was safe; was here is his embrace.

As they relaxed into the sand and came down from their pinnacle of bliss Lois sighed in utter contentment. ‘Can anything be more perfect than this,’ she thought? ‘Clear blue sky, crystal waters, soft sand …’ She rolled over to gaze at her lover. He was looking up at the sky, a smile on his lips, his arms linked behind his head. ‘And to be here, in this paradise, with Kal. This is heaven. My personal heaven … forever.’ She smiled and a tear leaked out of the corner of her eye. Leaning over she placed her palm on Kal's chest, careful to avoid the ragged scratch caused by Corbin's sword. He turned his head to look at her and smiled. She saw the emotions in his eyes and knew that it meant the same as hers. ‘I could stay here forever, with you, Kal. I'd be utterly content to live my life on this deserted island and just have you.’ She opened her mouth to say the words, knowing that it was time for her to confess her heart to him, but all that came out was a sob.

Kal frowned and lifted a hand to her cheek. She burrowed into it as the sobs came faster. He reached over and took her in his arms, sitting them up. He held her while she wept.

"Lois, Lois. What is it?" He spoke gently to her. His body rocked ever so slightly, comforting. "Lois, Lois." He murmured her name into her hair while placing soft kisses across her brow.

"Kal," she let out a sob. "Oh Kal. Are we marooned here forever?" She raised her head and looked into his eyes, hopeful for a reassuring answer.

"Lois, I do not know." He swept his thumb over her cheek. "I need to look around the island first. It's possible that it's a regular stop for ships, it's possible that it's not even deserted, but … " He sighed and looked away. "If … if we were …" he paused. "What would you think … if it was … forever?" He turned back and Lois saw the bare emotion in his eyes. Was he looking for some reassurance from her?

"Kal. If I had to live the rest of my days on this island, with you, I can honestly say that I would regret nothing." She lifted her hand to cup his face and then the tears began to fall again. "Nothing," she sobbed out, "… except my father."

Kal didn't speak, he just caressed her face and looked at her with compassion.

"He … he's missing. I've been searching for him. And now that we are left here …" she tried to control her breathing and speak clearly. "He is lost …"

"Oh, Lois. I am so sorry. What happened? It seems you love your father dearly."

She nodded. "Yes. Although he never understood me, and I was not the lady of court that he wanted, he was my daddy. And he was kidnapped." Her voice faltered again.

"Kidnapped?" Kal's voice was suddenly quiet. An unexpected ominous tone entered it. "Are you sure?"

She nodded again. "Yes. Kal, I haven't told you the complete truth about why I'm looking for the Pirate King."

"Well, I know that it's not to become the Pirate Queen," he grinned and teased her.

She joined in his laugh for a moment then dropped her gaze. "The Pirate King is the one who has kidnapped my father. At least, that's what I believe. He left his brand, burned in my father's desk."

"Who," Kal gulped. "How long ago was your father taken?"

"Two months."

"Who is your father, Lois." Kal was now whispering. His eyes were wide, almost in terror. Lois couldn’t comprehend why Kal would be fearful at this moment.

"Commodore Lane. My father is the Commodore of the King's navy. I am Lois Lane."

Clark's mouth dropped open and his heart stopped beating for more than just a moment. He commanded his lips to move, to speak, to say anything, but they wouldn't obey. Instead his legs jerked and he stood, leaving Lois sat on the sand. He paced away a little then turned back. He took a moment to look down at the lady on the sand. The woman who'd caught his heart. The mysteries of fate that had brought her to him confounded his mind. How many times had he visited the Commodore for briefings, how often had he walked the corridors of that home, never to meet this beautiful creature, never to lay eyes on her, until they were both undercover on board a pirate ship.

He saw worry written on her face. Immediately he understood. 'Kal' was a pirate, and also a disgraced naval officer. She had just admitted to being the daughter of the Commodore. Was she fearful of his reaction?

"Lois. I have not been completely honest with you." She frowned at him in question. "I did tell you that I have not been discharged from the Navy, as the rumours go. It is true. I also did not kill my commanding officer." He took a deep breath. "I am still an officer in the Navy. The rumours are all a ruse. My name is Clark Kent and 'Kal' is a fiction."

"What?" Lois looked distraught. "Kal doesn't exist?" She looked away and her lips began to tremble.

"No! No, Lois." He dropped to the sand next to her. "I exist. I am Kal. The medallion, it's all true. I was found in the wreckage of a ship, but I was raised by a childless couple who loved me very dearly. My parents, they named me Clark. I grew up in Port Metropolis and joined the Navy. A close bond and friendship with the Governor enabled me to rise in the ranks quickly and I became first mate on The Planet. A little over five months ago I was called by the Commodore and spent time preparing for a secret mission. He briefed me on a few occasions and then commissioned me to find … and eliminate … the Pirate King. I then left, as usual, with my Captain. When we made port in Granville I slipped away and made my path to Tortuga where I set myself up as Kal and started the appropriate rumours that would get me a place on board a pirate ship."

Throughout Clark's story Lois's eyes had been widening. Her mouth opened into a gradual smile. The expression of joy and wonder on her face broke out into her first words. "You. It was you, in my father's study. I listened in. I knew he was meeting with an officer. I knew he'd sent someone off to find the Pirate King. It was you."

He nodded and couldn't help the smile that appeared.

"Clark?" she said tentatively. "Clark!" She lent forwards and touched her lips to his.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

John raised his hand then hesitated. The important part of his plan was complete. Kal was gone. But now he had to face the Captain. Now the plan was all about covering his tracks, protecting himself, weaving the right tales. He nodded to himself in confidence then raised his head, assured of his success. This time, when he raised his hand he knocked.

"Yes!" came the call through the captain's door.

"Sir," Corbin strode in to face the most feared pirate in these waters. If the Pirate King ever actually set to the sea again then that would be disputed, but as it was, Zor El, captain of The Kandor, was greatly feared. John remembered what he was like before Kal came on board. He remembered the cruel, emotionless man that had little pity for anyone he came across. John was certain he would be the next first mate. He was made for the position, fitting so rightly with Zor El. Except … Kal. He had appeared out of nowhere and the Captain had taken a shine to him. Kal also seemed to have an unexpected effect on Zor El. He never, well hardly ever, came out on board anymore. When he was seen he wavered between the man of John's memory and some new … personality.

As he stepped into the room Zor El looked up from his desk, paper laid out, spidery writing covering much of it. "Corbin?" came the disdainful voice, questioning his presence. Only Kal ever visited. "Where is Kal?"

"Sir, Kal is feeling unwell and has taken to his cabin. If you wish me to relay a message … or I can bring his messages to you?" His heart pounded wildly in his chest. If the captain was at all suspicious then this would be where his plan fell apart. If he also happened to take one of his rare walks on the deck there was the chance he would find out what the crew did to Kal. Granted, he couldn't keep the truth from the captain forever, but just long enough to leave that island far behind. Plus Corbin was already working on a further twist to the tale he would tell, ensuring that Zor El would have no problem in letting go of Kal when the time came.

"Oh, well." Zor El looked confused for a moment. The man Corbin knew before would never have acted in that way. "I suppose you will have to liaise then." The tone of voice made clear the Captain's thoughts. Again John saw the difference. Kal had changed this man … somehow. Six months ago Zor El was ready to take John as first mate, and without any of the distaste that was currently showing. How had Kal done this?

As he left the cabin the anger towards Kal that boiled inside his heart grew once more.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Justice and The Planet sailed alongside each other, heading for Isla de Muerta. Governor Lionel Luthor's directions were very vague. It had been twenty years since the Veritas treaty and he had never been a man of the sea. When, after three days, Black Canary called down from the crow's nest that The Kandor was in sight a frantic plan was put into place. They hadn't specifically set to finding it, rescuing the Commodore was priority. But, just as with coming across The Planet and exposing Captain White's saboteur, it seemed as if fortune were on their side.

"This is our chance Governor," Captain Arrow argued. "Clark could know things. His knowledge could be the difference between success or failure."

"And if you are wrong? Hmmm?" Lionel raised his eyebrows. "His letter to Commodore Lane gave no indication that he had any knowledge. Just that he was assured of a meeting." He paused for dramatic effect. "In three months! Not even imminent."

"But if we know where to find the Pirate King, if we are prepared to rescue the Commodore and take out the Pirate King, then why are we leaving Clark on that ship?" Ollie gestured out over the water. "Plus we have two ships. We could take out the most feared pirate ship in the Caribbean waters here … now."

Lionel dropped his head and sighed. "Yes. Alright. You've made your point." He looked back up, a determined gaze landing on Ollie. "What do you propose? You have taken them on once before."

Ollie grinned. "And we lost. By design. They will be far too arrogant when they see us approaching."

Lionel smirked. "Do you think they will be so blind as to not see the colours of the Royal Navy flying on the ship following us."

"Well," Ollie tipped his head in embarrassment. "I guess not. Possibly they will turn and run at the first sign we are chasing them." He laughed then looked up to the crow's nest. "Dinah. Anything to report?"

She lowered her telescope and called down. "They have definitely spotted both ships. Looks like they are turning."

Ollie leapt over the bannister and ran for the wheel. "Emil," he shouted, "Signal Captain White to follow. We're taking the pirates and returning his true first mate to him."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The battle was over pretty quickly. Chasing down the pirate ship took more time than the fight. Although The Kandor opened fire with its cannons once in range they were swiftly caught and shackled. The naval officers and the privateers boarded and overwhelmed the pirates tying them up and lining them on their knees on deck. To Lionel it was as if time passed in a blur. Never having experienced anything like it before his mind was in a whirl. A whole gamut of mixed emotions waged in his body as he strode along the line of restrained men. Anticipation, anger, excitement, even euphoric relief as the fear of battle finally left him. "He's not here," came a shout from Captain Arrow.

Lionel turned to the pirate closest. "Where is your first mate?" he demanded. The pirate lifted his eyes, but not his face, from facing the deck. His eyes then flicked around and his mouth opened then closed. "Speak!" he shouted but the man's lips tightened into a white line. He turned just in time to see Ollie grab another man, actually young boy, by his shirt and lift him up from his kneeling position.

"Where is Clark?" he growled.

"Clark?" The boy looked confused.

"First mate!"

"Um, sorry … sir … but the first mate is called …" he paused and gulped, looking around nervously. "Corbin. John Corbin."

"And where is this John Corbin?" asked Lionel, striding over. ‘It must be an alias,’ he thought. The young boy opened his mouth to speak, just as the other man had, and then paused. "Anyone?" Lionel shouted and turned around to look over all the pirates. "Where is John Corbin?"

"Um," the boy spoke up and Lionel looked back. "He's there. That's the first mate." The ginger haired, freckled boy pointed at a man kneeling almost opposite. Lionel turned and strode over. All the members of the Justice crew looked on in anticipation.

"Stand up," Lionel spoke. Oliver appeared at his side.

"Stand up Corbin," Ollie shouted.

The subject of their scrutiny raised slowly from the deck. It was quite clear that this was not Clark. Lionel spluttered. "But, but …" He took a deep breath and regained his composure. "You are the first mate?"

"Yes," came the growled reply.

"Where is your captain?"

"In his cabin. He hardly ever walks the deck." Narrow eyes and a sneer peered out at his captors

"Well, then I think we should pay him a visit." Lionel held out a hand indicating that Corbin should lead the way. The smile on his face was all pretence, hiding the worry inside. ‘Where is Clark?’

He followed the limping pirate off the deck and into the cabins. At a sturdy wooden door he raised his hand as if to knock then wavered. Lionel pushed him aside and reached for the handle. Inside he was greeted by the sight of a greying man sat at a wooden desk. The windows behind let in the light and view of the ocean. So focused on his writing was the Captain that he did not raise his head.

"Victory?" came the single word in question, obviously presuming that the first mate had come with news.

"Yes!" Captain Arrow spoke clearly, beside Lionel. The man looked up in shock. "For us." Ollie completed the pronouncement. When Corbin was pushed into the cabin by Arthur, stumbling to the floor in an angry growl, the captain of The Kandor stood slowly.

"So I see," he murmured.

"Where is the man who was first mate before him." Lionel pointed to John Corbin, rising slowly.

The captain frowned. "Before? This man is not first mate." He strode over and gripped John by the neck. "First mate?" he growled deeply. "What is meant by that? Where is Kal?" Lionel's heart missed a beat at the name. ‘Clark!’

"Um, in his cabin Captain sir, where I told you yesterday morning. He is still unwell." Lionel could see the fear in the man's eyes. It seemed he was more afraid of his captain than his captors.

"Kal would never stay in his cabin if the ship needed defending. No matter his health." It was doubly clear that Kal was Clark after that description from the captain. "Where is he?" This time the question was shouted but Corbin clamped his mouth shut and refused to say another word.

Ollie raced back to the deck as quickly as possible. "Search every room," he called out to Victor on the way. Once stood out in the sun again he raised his voice for all to hear. "Whoever can tell me the location of Kal will be given immunity by the King and can accompany us on our eventual journey back to port on the safety of The Justice or The Planet." He waited for any response. He waited in silence. Lionel appeared at his side.

"It's no use, Ollie. They will not betray their Pirate code, or their first mate," he whispered.

"But which one? Are they trying to protect their current first mate, or the previous one … Kal?"

When a little movement caught the corner of his eye Ollie turned back to the men, still knelt on deck. The young lad he had shook before was once more on his knees but he raised his head and caught Ollie's eye. He then shook his head slowly, followed by nodding off to his left. Ollie wasn't quite sure of the message being relayed but it was a promising sign.

"Victor," he called and the man appeared at his side. "Did you find anything … anyone?"

"No Captain Arrow."

"Take them all down to the hold, I'm sure there will be suitable places to … restrain them." He spoke clearly and then turned away. Just as Victor stepped away he grabbed his arm and drew him close. "Be sure to … forget … to take the young lad."

Victor nodded and strode off.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lois rung out her white cotton shift and spread it over the flat rock beside the fresh water spring. Dressed now only in small, thin white undergarments she turned away from the shaded pool just at the edge of the palm trees and gazed out over the bright sandy beach. Sunlight twinkled off the sea like sparkles of magic and she smiled. It was beautiful and peaceful here on their island. Yes she was calling it 'their' island after only two days. Somehow telling Clark the truth and admitting to her worry over her father had actually helped her to come to terms with the current situation. After Clark had scoured the island and found no sign of it being on a trade route it became clear that they were not likely to be found. Crying into Clark's arm had been extremely comforting and she'd soon accepted the inevitability of her life from now on.

It had also been easy to accept Kal's new name. Or should that be 'old' name: Clark! As she got to know the young naval officer rather than the pirate quartermaster she realised that Clark was a much more appropriate name. 'Kal' seemed almost lacking in emotion and compassion in comparison to the sound of 'Clark' on her lips. Clark was so much more than Kal. The glimpses of kindness, compassion, duty, morals, friendship she'd seen hiding under the cover of Kal were now on display for her to see in all their fullness and she finally realised that what she'd felt for Kal had not been love, no matter how much she'd thought it was. Compared with how her heart leapt at the sight of Clark now, the nerves she'd been constantly assailed by back on board ship were as an acorn to an oak tree.

A sound to her right had her turning to see Clark emerge from the tree line. ‘O yes,’ she thought to herself. ‘My tiny acorn has definitely grown into a strong oak tree.’ He strode out into the direct sunlight and let the heat warm his bare chest. ‘Yes, my feelings for Kal are not 'different' to my feelings for Clark. The oak tree cannot grow without someone planting the acorn. They are effectively the same plant. But one is older, stronger, mightier than the other. The oak tree is mature and deeply rooted.’

Lois pondered more on the metaphor of her feelings for Clark as an oak tree as she strode over to him. He turned and his gaze swept her up and down. Perhaps, some time in the past, such blatant admiration of her barely covered body would have set her blushing. That, or verbally flaying, but no more. At least not with Clark.

"Lois!" he spoke, his voice low and husky.

"Did you collect any more fruit?" she asked, attempting to engage him in light conversation.

"Yes, we have a nice variety now." His eye didn't meet hers, they were stuck at chest height.

"Good." She let her voice trail off. Her heart began to race, breathing increasing to meet the demand. Clark's eyes darkened as he watched her chest rise and fall.

He blinked and shook his head then finally raised his gaze to meet hers. "I," he paused, as if losing his thoughts. "I think we should consider building a more sturdy shelter." His eyes looked away for a moment, as if afraid to say his true meaning. He needn't have worried. Lois knew that this was now their home. She lifted up one hand and brought it to his cheek. He turned into it and met her eyes once more.

"Clark, we need a home. We cannot sleep under a few palm branches every night for the rest of our lives." She smiled at him, knowing that there was pain and regret showing in her eyes, but also trying to convey her contentment with the lot that fate had given them. "I know it will take a while, but I agree. We should build … our home."

Clark searched Lois's eyes for the true depth of meaning he hoped was in her words. He knew that he wanted 'forever'. When she spoke of a home his heart filled with joy. "Our home." He repeated back to her. When she smiled, so tenderly, he dipped his head to touch those lips. Her palms flattened against his chest, fingers splaying out. She inched them up and over his shoulders. Clark let his tongue lightly trail over her lips and then he ended the kiss. His eyes opened and he moved his face away ever so slightly. He could see her eyes still closed, face tipped up, lips parted slightly. Her hands finally met at the back of his neck. She tightened and pulled him back.

Clark drew his arms around her body. The white undergarments she wore felt soft against his fingers but they were in the way. He kissed her lips, slowly, as his fingers worked their way under her top. He trailed lazy circles up her back as he nipped her bottom lip gently.

Lois let her fingers slide into Clark's thick hair. When his teeth grazed her lips she sighed. A feeling of warmth, belonging and contentment flooded her body. She drew her hands round until her palms cupped his cheeks. His arms tightened and drew her into his solid embrace. When she felt the gentle prompting from Clark she allowed him to lower her to the ground.

The sand was warm and moulded to her body. Opening her eyes she saw Clark settle himself above her. Their eyes met and she smiled at him. His gaze was questioning for a moment. He seemed to be searching her features for something, his eyes intense. The light brush of a fingertip swept across her cheek.

"Lois. I love you." He exhaled gently.

Her heart soared. She had hoped beyond hope that his feelings mirrored hers. It was clear that he desired her, that he cared in some manner, but without being marooned on an island with no hope of rescue, would he have been interested any further than only the ship-board affair? A constant feeling of abandonment which had dogged her since her mother and baby sister had been taken from this life had left her concerned that Clark might similarly leave her. Yet the emotion in his eyes, the complete truth shining out, fulfilled all her dreams for the future. She never doubted his sincerity, nor presumed that he was 'feeling' this way only because of their circumstances.

"I love you too," she replied, a catch in her voice causing it to crack. "Clark, I love you too," she repeated stronger as she stroked her fingers over his cheek.

His mouth descended and took her so very lightly she could only just feel it. She sighed in contentment as he gave her kiss after kiss, never deepening them, just repeating and repeating the loving action. A hand began to trail up her ribs. She felt his fingers circling round and round, mesmerising her. Lois found herself mimicking the action along his back, both hands stroking fingertips gently up his spine and then along his shoulders. He moved his hands to her waist and held her gently then placed himself ready to enter her.

"I love you," he whispered. "Forever."

"Clark, I'm yours, forever," she replied. "I love you."

He rocked his hips and slowly pushed into her. The sensual pleasure which filled her body had her arching her back, straining for even more, if it were at all possible. When Clark was completely buried inside her he returned for a kiss. The stroking of his body began slowly and, as they moved together, the fire burning inside each body grew, feeding off the other, feeling the passion, expressing their love. When the insistent rhythm, calling them to abandon themselves to each other fully, could no longer be denied they let go then soared on their love for each other until they crashed back into the sand, as the waves crashed on the shore.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shackled in the hold, as if he were only a lowly swabby, Captain Zor El looked around at all his crew, similarly restrained. What had happened? Kal would never have lost a fight, even against two ships in alliance. Or, if he weighed the situation circumspectly, he would never have engaged them at all. The situation confirmed to Zor El the rightness of his decision to make Kal first mate, and to distance himself from Corbin.

Kal's presence in his life over the last few months had changed so much. The pain which had pierced his heart when he first saw the medallion around Kal's neck was still with him to this day. The duel edged sword of knowing that he had contributed to his own family’s slaughter, of Kal's family's slaughter, along with the joy of finding family still alive … it tortured him every day. Each morning he wrote out the many confessions of his life, sometimes with the desire to give them to Kal, sometimes just to unburden himself. Yet he couldn't bring himself to give them over and he destroyed them in the consuming, purifying fire instead.

Finding his … nephew, yes he could say it … had restored some of his humanity and he could see the evil all around him once more. The evil that he had let overtake his soul, eat away at his compassion, his kindness … his love. He saw this evil particularly in Corbin. He even felt it rear up inside himself regularly still. It was difficult to rid oneself of such ingrained ways of living.

As he regarded Corbin, sat directly opposite, he felt that ugliness rise up once more. Hatred, tempered by worry for his nephew, led to a growling deep in his throat. "Corbin?" he asked. John looked up in shock. Everyone had been silent for hours. "What happened? Tell me the truth. Where is Kal, for I know he is not aboard the ship."

Corbin shifted on the floor. He looked away and Zor El saw him swallow before looking back, a clear sign of dissembling if he ever saw it.

"I caught him stealing from the hold. He'd been falsifying the inventory reports to cover it. He'd even enlisted the help of Miss Lois, corrupting her." He coughed and looked away again. "I thought it my duty to free you from this braggart. He was marooned yesterday at dawn." Corbin returned his gaze to Zor El and his spine stiffened in resolve. "He did not deserve to serve on this ship, and most certainly not in the position of responsibility you had so generously trusted him with." His face softened for his next words but his eyes betrayed him, as they did not similarly soften. "You must feel so betrayed captain."

"I do," he spoke bluntly. Reaching into his boot he felt around till his fingers touched metal. He carefully worked the item up and out into his hand. "I really do," he reiterated, then aimed the pistol at Corbin and pulled the trigger.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Comments (g-fic only)

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."