Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments

So what's Lois doing with Jimmy? And did you notice a certain name change in the way someone is now thinking of himself?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/you forgot to blue arrow this part/

Originally posted by KatherineKent:
So what's Lois doing with Jimmy?
No idea with Jimmy. Okay, she might be teaching how to read and write or draw pictures.
KAL: What do you mean you're nude modeling for Jimmy?
LOIS: I find it the best way to hold his attention.
JIMMY: drool it works too.
KAL: Well, no more unchaperoned nude modeling. If you're going to be nude, Lois, I have to be there as well.
JIMMY: I don't know if I want to draw THAT.
KAL: blush um... er... uh... that's not exactly what I meant.
LOIS: Sure about that, Smallville? /actually, this Lois doesn't have a nickname like that for Kal, does she?/

And did you notice a certain name change in the way someone is now thinking of himself?
Nope. Totally missed that Kal now thinks of himself as Clark. wallbash Too sucked into the story to notice glaring details such as that.

I did notice him and Ollie "Arrow" hiding behind the barrels together whispering.
PIRATES: We *all* noticed that. That means he's not into women! Lois is free-bait!
CLARK: Ooops.
For a minute there I thought Clark was going to send Lois with Ollie for her protection and Lois was going to have to try her hands at seducing yet another man.
LOIS: I really thought this would be easier than this. It is in all those Gothic Pirate romances I read... I mean that Cloe reads and told me about when I really bored, not that I've own the whole series or anything. I have no idea what I'm talking about at all.

If Tess has sent away the staff, who is going to feed the Ex-governor in the basement?

“No. I can’t. He’s missing.”

“Missing.” Clark’s heart jumped in shock. “How?”
What? No mention of his 'missing' daughter as well? It's so nice that everyone cares about a gently bred woman lost in the West Indies.

‘Maybe I should finally acknowledge my feelings for her. Maybe I should attempt to reconcile us together, rather than continue the fighting. God knows I hope I can get her to leave with me when it is time to go.’
No, I'm sure she'd much rather stay on the pirate ship without protection. Oh, wait, this is Lois.

“I feel it is time for me to return to the day watch.”

Lois’s heart leapt. “I will sleep in the hammock,” he stated without emotion and her heart skipped about wildly. It had been two weeks since they had last shared the cabin overnight … for one night only.
At first, I thought it was Lois who volunteered to sleep in the hammock.

“Well, try not to wake me then. You’re sure to be extremely late if you are going gambling,” she retorted quite scathingly to cover her unreasonable hope.

“I’m sure you will be well into your beauty sleep, my lady,” he replied and she heard a touch of sarcasm.
I thought they were going to try and be nicer to one another.

“Kal has gone to the Pit. He won’t disturb us. Now, let’s get started.”
Um... I thought he said he was going to work doing his 'day watch'. Why would he go to the pit?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
/you forgot to blue arrow this part/
Thanks blush

So what's Lois doing with Jimmy?
No idea with Jimmy. Okay, she might be teaching how to read and write or draw pictures.
KAL: What do you mean you're nude modeling for Jimmy?
LOIS: I find it the best way to hold his attention.
JIMMY: drool it works too.
KAL: Well, no more unchaperoned nude modeling. If you're going to be nude, Lois, I have to be there as well.
JIMMY: I don't know if I want to draw THAT.
KAL: blush um... er... uh... that's not exactly what I meant.
LOIS: Sure about that, Smallville? /actually, this Lois doesn't have a nickname like that for Kal, does she?/
rotflol You will find out what's going on soon. And no ... no nickname. Didn't seem appropriate for a historical fic, even though this is supposed to be Erica Durance's Lois. Plus she doesn't know that he has any connection to any place called Smallville.

And did you notice a certain name change in the way someone is now thinking of himself?
Nope. Totally missed that Kal now thinks of himself as Clark. wallbash Too sucked into the story to notice glaring details such as that.
Really? Wow, you missed it. Well, glad I pointed it out then.

I did notice him and Ollie "Arrow" hiding behind the barrels together whispering.
PIRATES: We *all* noticed that. That means he's not into women! Lois is free-bait!
CLARK: Ooops.
For a minute there I thought Clark was going to send Lois with Ollie for her protection and Lois was going to have to try her hands at seducing yet another man.
LOIS: I really thought this would be easier than this. It is in all those Gothic Pirate romances I read... I mean that Cloe reads and told me about when I really bored, not that I've own the whole series or anything. I have no idea what I'm talking about at all.
LOL. You think that is where Lois gets all her knowledge from? Because I did tell you that there is NO actual experience for her, didn't I.

The question of whether anyone saw them is a good one though. There was a lot of fighting going on and they did hide, but ... who knows.

If Tess has sent away the staff, who is going to feed the Ex-governor in the basement?
Who indeed? This is not a mistake ...

“No. I can’t. He’s missing.”

“Missing.” Clark’s heart jumped in shock. “How?”
What? No mention of his 'missing' daughter as well? It's so nice that everyone cares about a gently bred woman lost in the West Indies.
Not enough time for such a deep conversation. Just enough time for Ollie to tell the basics ...

“Well, try not to wake me then. You’re sure to be extremely late if you are going gambling,” she retorted quite scathingly to cover her unreasonable hope.

“I’m sure you will be well into your beauty sleep, my lady,” he replied and she heard a touch of sarcasm.
I thought they were going to try and be nicer to one another.
Yeah, but they can't help it. The tension just gets to each of them!!!

“Kal has gone to the Pit. He won’t disturb us. Now, let’s get started.”
Um... I thought he said he was going to work doing his 'day watch'. Why would he go to the pit?
It is the end of the day. The attack started at a little past daybreak when Kal would have finished his shift. He's been awake all day and has decided to go to bed at 'night' and return to the day watch ... but it is now evening.

So, the n-fic stuff is coming up soon and I have a question. It is not particularly racy, but I'm not comfortable putting it the g-fic section. I could do a version of the chapters that are g-fic and post both versions, but there might not be that much difference between the two in the end, so I don't really know what to do. Shall I post n-fic only, risk it in the g-fic, or do 2 versions of these chapters?

Thanks

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, the n-fic stuff is coming up soon and I have a question. It is not particularly racy, but I'm not comfortable putting it the g-fic section. I could do a version of the chapters that are g-fic and post both versions, but there might not be that much difference between the two in the end, so I don't really know what to do. Shall I post n-fic only, risk it in the g-fic, or do 2 versions of these chapters?
Since other people might be lurking (and not commenting) this story, definitely include a Gfic version of the chapter (since the story started posting on the Gfic side), and have the Nfic as the "bonus". You might want to include an "Author's Note" at the top of that part, stating that there's an Nfic version of that chapter available. Some people just put the Nfic extended scene over on the Nfic side, and not the whole chapter, while others post a whole version of the chapter (including the Nfic scene) on the Nfic side, so that it can be read in context. With "Nightfall Honeymoon" I posted the whole story (like KenJ does with his Matchmaker Chronicles) on both boards, but I had Nfic scenes in more than half of the chapters. I have to say, that is a lot more work. LOL.

If you mention specific body parts or describe in too much detail what's happening, then it definitely needs to be toned down for the Gfic side. Dancing that line was a major dilemma for me when writing "Nightfall Honeymoon" that I had both an Nfic Beta and a Gfic Beta, so the Gfic Beta could tell me if I didn't tone it down enough.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks. I'm going to do 2 versions then, probably posting the full chapter with each.

I'm guessing I also need to do a n-fic TOC.

Thanks again.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard