Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments please. Any more questions? Need anything explaining or refreshing?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So Tess considers herself somewhat an amateur sleuth? I did get a bit confused on the whole Robert / Ollie Queen scene because traditionally Green Arrow's parents died when he was young (actually in many ways he's very similar to Bruce Wayne).

As she wandered the deck, heart in her throat but acting confident, she received a few nods from the crew. Some of them tipped their head, others acknowledged her ‘ma-am’. One leered greedily and she turned away the moment she noticed.
Wow, they're really polite for pirates.

She was broken out of her dream state when he moved away and another pirate replaced him at the wheel. Kal walked away and rested against a wooden banister. A quick movement of his arms and he had removed his shirt. She watched as he closed his eyes, facing himself to the sun. As he basked in its warmth Lois gazed at his now bare chest.
Does he know that she's watching him? I'm guessing everyone else thinks more happened in that cabin the night before than a bit of accidental voyeurism on the part of Kal. Maybe *that's* why all the pirates are being polite. If they manhandled Kal's gal they could find themselves overboard with the sharks. Now, I get it.

Kal was by no means old enough to be her father. And she was already drawn to his good looks. She also suspected that she’d seen a flare of desire in his eyes when he’d discovered her in the bath. Kal would be easy to seduce. She’d get him to trust her then ask him to take her to the Pirate King. Surely he would be in the know as the First Mate on the Kandor.
You know the funny thing is, I think Kal has just seduced her with that whole taking off his shirt in front of her act. And that whole, being a gentleman and not manhandling her the night before.

If Kal was under the impression that she was out to seduce him, after her disastrous attempt with the captain, then he was absolutely correct. But Lois was not about to make it that obvious.
You mean, as obvious as his seduction of you, Lois?

“And why would you wish to work, Miss Lois?” He tilted his head and before she had a chance to explain he turned and walked away. He swung out his arm to indicate the whole ship. “You now have free passage until we return to port. All the men here are paid to work.” He looked back at her, steel in his gaze. “And you made your intentions clear last night. A rich husband. Why would a lady such as you be eager to work?”
I don't think that's at all what she said... okay, that's what she "said" but not what she meant by those words. Anyway, maybe she wants to get paid for her work, too... and why does that sound worse than it should?

“No!” her heart jumped. “No, please don’t send me to Corbin. I’m sure you can assign me something yourself.” She pleaded with him.

Kal frowned and narrowed his eyes. “Has Corbin done something?” he asked, almost missing off the question and stating it as fact.
Umm... Yes? He's a creep.

“Mary, miss. I’m the housekeeper for the Commodore. At least, when he’s here, that is. There’s usually more of us, but Rosie left when the Master was taken and Josiah and Jeremy were sent home the day Miss Lane went missing.
I'm almost surprised that they didn't make Lois a suspect.

Suddenly the mirth disappeared and was replaced by something unexpected. Sounds faded away and all he could hear was the pounding of his own heart and the ragged breathing coming from Lois. He noticed that she was staring at his chest. As he breathed in and out it expanded his ribcage and her eyes followed. His nipples hardened with the cold air and charged atmosphere. She gulped and looked back up at him.
See! He's seducing her and he doesn't even realize it.

“Tess, you have the wrong idea. I am not the King’s Privateer. But,” he sighed, “I will do my utmost to help you. I do have … contacts.”
Privateer? Um... isn't that another name for pirate? Well, an official sort of pirate, though? Hired by the King to steal back what the pirates stole?

Is this what the Justice League as been reduced to? A bunch of pirates? peep Sorry, bad joke.

“The Commodore is missing and this was left at the scene.” He held up the paper with the stylised - boxed in - ‘Z’ pattern. Oliver’s eyes widened and he turned and ran to the main entrance.

“Is The Justice ready?” he shouted out.
"The Justice"? Is that the name of another ship?

With that he turned and left and Lois set about cataloguing the items in the hold … still dressed in the aristocratic dress from the previous evening.
I don't know if that's safe Kal. You left her in a pretty dress in a quiet dark area. Dun... dun...dunnnnn.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I did get a bit confused on the whole Robert / Ollie Queen scene because traditionally Green Arrow's parents died when he was young (actually in many ways he's very similar to Bruce Wayne).
Yes, that's true, but in SV it's shown that Lionel was responsible for their deaths due to his obsessions and evil character. Lionel isn't like that in this fic, so they were never killed.

Does he know that she's watching him? I'm guessing everyone else thinks more happened in that cabin the night before than a bit of accidental voyeurism on the part of Kal. Maybe *that's* why all the pirates are being polite. If they manhandled Kal's gal they could find themselves overboard with the sharks. Now, I get it.
Well, they are all a little scared of Kal, and a LOT scared of Zor El and Zor El publicly said that she would stay in Kal's cabin. It was in private later on that Zor El hinted at more to Kal, but all the pirates will already have got that hint.

“No!” her heart jumped. “No, please don’t send me to Corbin. I’m sure you can assign me something yourself.” She pleaded with him.

Kal frowned and narrowed his eyes. “Has Corbin done something?” he asked, almost missing off the question and stating it as fact.
Umm... Yes? He's a creep.
Blunt and to the point ... Corbin is NOT nice,

“Mary, miss. I’m the housekeeper for the Commodore. At least, when he’s here, that is. There’s usually more of us, but Rosie left when the Master was taken and Josiah and Jeremy were sent home the day Miss Lane went missing.
I'm almost surprised that they didn't make Lois a suspect.
There was actually a two week time delay between the prologue and chapter 1. Lois went to the governor, but when nothing happened she took it on herself to start searching.

Suddenly the mirth disappeared and was replaced by something unexpected. Sounds faded away and all he could hear was the pounding of his own heart and the ragged breathing coming from Lois. He noticed that she was staring at his chest. As he breathed in and out it expanded his ribcage and her eyes followed. His nipples hardened with the cold air and charged atmosphere. She gulped and looked back up at him.
See! He's seducing her and he doesn't even realize it.
LOL. You think his bare chest and hardened nipples are seducing her? Naaaa.

“Tess, you have the wrong idea. I am not the King’s Privateer. But,” he sighed, “I will do my utmost to help you. I do have … contacts.”
Privateer? Um... isn't that another name for pirate? Well, an official sort of pirate, though? Hired by the King to steal back what the pirates stole?

Is this what the Justice League as been reduced to? A bunch of pirates? peep Sorry, bad joke.
Yeah. Technically they are 'legal' pirates. But it was the closest thing I could think of for the Justice League in this setting. They are more like 'police' of the sea (which is what Privateers were supposed to be originally)

“The Commodore is missing and this was left at the scene.” He held up the paper with the stylised - boxed in - ‘Z’ pattern. Oliver’s eyes widened and he turned and ran to the main entrance.

“Is The Justice ready?” he shouted out.
"The Justice"? Is that the name of another ship?
Yup - Here comes the Justice League.

With that he turned and left and Lois set about cataloguing the items in the hold … still dressed in the aristocratic dress from the previous evening.
I don't know if that's safe Kal. You left her in a pretty dress in a quiet dark area. Dun... dun...dunnnnn.
Thanks for your comments. Next chapter coming up.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
:thumbs up: I'm enjoying this story AND the FDK!! It looks like Virginia read my mind and asked all my questions, so lucky me, Katherine already answered them. dance

Also, I'm having a problem here... I love LnC and I'm really trying to imagine Dean and Teri as the characters, but inevitably in my mind appears Tom and... SV's Lois ( I don't know her name confused )

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by chelo:
Also, I'm having a problem here... I love LnC and I'm really trying to imagine Dean and Teri as the characters, but inevitably in my mind appears Tom and... SV's Lois ( I don't know her name confused )
You're not having a problem. These are Tom and Erica. wink This story is a Smallville fanfic, this is why they come to mind when imagining the characters.

Look what I found... Not a pirate, but maybe inspiration for another fic? wink grovel

[Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by chelo:
:thumbs up: I'm enjoying this story AND the FDK!! It looks like Virginia read my mind and asked all my questions, so lucky me, Katherine already answered them. dance

Thanks for the comments. This story was started with Tom and Erica in mind and is firmly set in the Smallville universe mythos/characters ... but the plot itself is pure Superman/Pirates and I actually found myself imagining Dean and Teri while writing it often enough.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
Look what I found... Not a pirate, but maybe inspiration for another fic? wink grovel
I've seen that picture before. It's fantastic.

Here's my original banner for A Pirate Affair when it was posted on Ksite and FanFiction.

[Linked Image]

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard