Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments. Did you put the clues together?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The plot thickens. John Corbin as the 2nd Mate. I loved the description you had for him:
As a young powder monkey he’d been involved in an explosion where minute fragments of metal had superheated and burned through his clothes. All the right side of his body received the full force of the explosion and some molten metal pieces had burrowed under his skin. By the time the burns had healed there was no way to get at the metal fragments embedded in his skin. It was one of the contributing factors to his limp … and the main reason he was referred to as Metallo.
whinging

Major events were about to occur and he’d decided that he didn’t want Louis and Jimmy involved.
Uh-oh. So, were they going to wake up on a deserted isle? Jimmy will be thrilled when he learns Lois isn't a boy, but Kal might end up regretting that decision.

LOIS: [Linked Image] I would NEVER with Jimmy!

peep just joking, Lois.

She’d seen the way he tipped away one mouthful of rum, for every swig he genuinely took.
Not being a drinker myself, what do you mean "tipped away"? Do you mean spit out?

Kal was a disgraced Naval Officer. He’d been discharged about three months ago after murdering his commanding officer, but there was no proof to convict him.
Hmmmm. I wonder if this cover story is just a cover, or if he's there to clear his name.

Kal was an enigma and she was fascinated.

“Lewis,” nudged Jimmy, “you’re dreaming again.”
Yeah, Lewis. Not good for your health to be caught drooling over the first mate.

Also, which is it? Lewis or Louis? Jimmy uses the former, Kal the latter? Does Lois use both pronunciations for her cover name?

Tess? Nope don't know Tess, must be a later season addition. I was thinking Mrs. Luthor might be Lana, but she doesn't really have a father anymore. It's nice to see Cloe, though. I'm guessing if "Tess" is the old governor's daughter than the prisoner isn't Jonathan or Lionel. No idea.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Wait, wait, wait! Prof Fine is Brainiac? Was this ever covered on SV? Maybe it will be. I thought he was killed with Zod's defeat, but maybe I'm wrong about that. eek Okay, if Brainiac is ship's doc than he's not the captain. So, who else?
The Captain of the Kandor is revealed in the next chapter.

Major events were about to occur and he’d decided that he didn’t want Louis and Jimmy involved.
Uh-oh. So, were they going to wake up on a deserted isle? Jimmy will be thrilled when he learns Lois isn't a boy, but Kal might end up regretting that decision.

LOIS: [Linked Image] I would NEVER with Jimmy!

peep just joking, Lois.
LOL. That would be funny. Jimmy and Lois stranded on a desert island. BUT you know ... you're not far wrong about 'something' you said.

She’d seen the way he tipped away one mouthful of rum, for every swig he genuinely took.
Not being a drinker myself, what do you mean "tipped away"? Do you mean spit out?
No, he tipped it away. To make it seem like he was drinking as much as expected of a pirate he would pour a shot of rum and drink it normally but the next shot poured would get surreptitiously tipped on the floor so that he stayed more sober than anyone realised. Lois noticed this the night she signed up.

Kal was a disgraced Naval Officer. He’d been discharged about three months ago after murdering his commanding officer, but there was no proof to convict him.
Hmmmm. I wonder if this cover story is just a cover, or if he's there to clear his name.
Cover? You think there is some kind of cover story for Kal? *laughs*

Kal was an enigma and she was fascinated.

“Lewis,” nudged Jimmy, “you’re dreaming again.”
Yeah, Lewis. Not good for your health to be caught drooling over the first mate.

Also, which is it? Lewis or Louis? Jimmy uses the former, Kal the latter? Does Lois use both pronunciations for her cover name?
The spelling Louis, is because it is almost identical to Lois, but the pronunciation is still Lewis. You do say the 's' so even Kal and Lois are pronouncing it Lewis. The reason for the difference in spelling is kind of made clear in the next chapter. Basically the spelling I use when Jimmy speaks is to do with 'Jimmy's' interpretation of Lois' undercover name.

Tess? Nope don't know Tess, must be a later season addition. I was thinking Mrs. Luthor might be Lana, but she doesn't really have a father anymore. It's nice to see Cloe, though. I'm guessing if "Tess" is the old governor's daughter than the prisoner isn't Jonathan or Lionel. No idea.
Tess is season 8, 9, and 10. In chapter 2 we found out that she was the old governor's daughter. In the next chapter you will discover (if you read carefully enough) one more familial connection.

Anyway, I'm answering at work now. I'll try to remember to post Chapter 3 tonight.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard