Next Thread
Print Thread
#250547 03/27/11 07:44 AM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I edited a new L&C video set to Florence + The Machine's "Drumming Song." Enjoy!

#250548 03/28/11 05:45 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Just caught up on your last three vids, Nora -- how in the world did I miss you posting them? thumbsup

While I enjoyed them all, I think this one was my favorite. Loved the focus on Lois and her instant attraction to Clark. Many vids concentrate on his feelings for her early on, but they forget that even as Lois tried to push Clark away in the early eps in favor of Superman, she was also very drawn to him and never seemed to be able to stray very far. wink

I love your work, and your most recent vids are no exception. smile

Kathy

#250549 04/04/11 01:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love this!!!! You did an excellent job editing. Several of my favorite parts were:

The beginning through Lois’s open-mouthed exclamation. (Excellent timing on that, by the way! razz (which is the closest graemlin I can find to my real reaction, which was closer to sticking your finger down your throat and vomiting). All I can say is, it's a good thing I had not seen her video before you posted, or I would never have watched, which would have been my loss!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#250550 04/06/11 02:46 AM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Thank you very much, KathyB and Vicki. I'm really glad that you both liked the video, and I really appreciate your taking the time to comment. That means a lot.

Vicki, the Lois waking up in Luthor's lair scene was actually a bit of an accident, funnily enough. I was going to have a few cross-faded clips there about her dreaming about Clark while she had (sigh) amnesia, but when I dropped that particular clip there, it fit so well to the music that I decided to leave well enough alone. I'm glad some of the other points that I tried to convey in the story of the video (like the tearful kiss) came across. It's always a delicate balance between being too match-y with lyrics and scenes and not establishing enough of a connection between them.

And KathyB, I agree that it is interesting to explore Lois's early attraction to Clark. I blended Superman and Clark scenes here without distinction because even though she didn't know they were the same person, this song is kind of about primal attraction, and her "attraction reaction" to both Superman and Clark was the same/ similar on a fundamental level.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard