Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249360 04/03/08 01:56 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OK, this isn't really a music vid, and there are four instead of just one in this post.

And, um... this is about the best proof I could possibly offer that I'm a dork. *giggles*

I had nothing more useful to do with my time the other night, so I grabbed the video portion of the opening credits from seasons 1 though 3 and slapped a different song on the audio track. I didn't modify a second of video or audio - when the music matches, it's pure luck. And it's darn funny. smile

S1 - to the Batman animated series theme --> my favorite one. *lol*
S2 - to the Justice League animated series theme
S2 - to the Batman animated series theme
S3 - to the Batman animated series theme

*g* Silly, isn't it? hehehe!

Ignore the labeling on the clips when you open them up (where it says the song title) because it's not always right. Sorry about that... And no YouTube links, but I could always post them there if there are requests for it.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#249361 04/03/08 04:30 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Heee!

You know, one thing that always irked me about the LnC titles is that they were usually not on cue to the music... I think these actually were more so! LOL!

I enjoyed!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#249362 04/04/08 02:33 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice! That's funny that the other themes worked so well without any other changes. I liked the 1st one the best too. wink

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#249363 04/04/08 10:46 AM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey dork, I actually think this was a great idea smile

It's almost like an experiment in music psychology. Just goes to show how closely tied our perception is to our hearing.

The Batman theme makes the trailer feel a lot darker, more ambiguous.

The Justice League music gives it a more heroic, yet optimistic feel.

I personally like the S1 Batman best, because in my opinion that's the one with the most dramatic change.

Honestly, in my mind, it conjured up a completely different, much darker universe for the show.

I mean: Lex is already perfect for dark and dangerous.
But Lois singing "I've got a crush on you" seems like she could be playing a double game (Mata Hari, anyone?), Perry in that newsroom scene appears to be a little diabolical. Martha and Jonathan's faces when they're on the phone suddenly are more shocked than just surprised.
Heck, even Superman breaking through the wall and pushing that space station looks like he could be up to no good.
And the final scene is really a lot more ambiguous and powerful.

Gosh, I look forward to The Dark Knight ...

Another job well done smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
#249364 05/04/08 06:03 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oooh these are so great!!! clap
more!!!

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard