Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248381 09/01/07 10:27 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Laura S. mentioned she'd enjoy a clip done with this song and it so happens that I totally love this song, so I spent my Saturday doing this. smile

There are a few things in there that I've done entirely on purpose, one of which might seem a bit sexist. Please don't take offense - it just "fit" to put it there, so I did. It doesn't have any meaning, hidden or otherwise. Honest!

Oh... and um, this is probably not the most brilliant clip I've ever done (eg: might not be worth balancing a laptop on your knees for 15 minutes) but it amused me to do it anyway.

Online, by Brad Paisley
YouTube version

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my gosh! *happy dance* I can't believe you made this already! And I have a "For Laura S" in the front! It's so exciting! Okay. Must watch. Be back in a second. Oooh! I loved how you put the title of the song in with Clark and Jimmy diving into Jaxon's system. Lol! And for the "you check out my space." I can't even begin to describe how perfect this song is for that mentally disturbed little Luthor man. And of course I love that the part talking about him being GQ and having six pack abs is when he's masquerading as Clark. drool And the morphing scene with him turning into muscle bound X! Ahh, I'm sorry I'm telling you every scene in here.

But that was fantastically funny and so well done. smile Thanks so much for doing it, it was exactly the laugh I needed!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Columnist
Columnist
rotflol

That was so good, Lara! I'm highly impressed. You did that in a day?? You matched the clips sooo well. Awesome job!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Columnist
Columnist
Oh yeah definitely a great clip.
I loved it! Perfect for that episode smile and Jaxon wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Very fun video, Lara!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooooh first time I ever heard this song! Wow, I wish I were able to lie like that guy :p

But BWA!!! The video was excellent laugh Totally fitting for Jaxon, methinks!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awww!! Thank you!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had a blast making it. laugh

...and I so totally have ideas for a version with Jimmy. *lol* I may have to do that next weekend. *giggles madly*

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww, Lara! That was perfect for Jaxon and you did an awesome job with it. Some of those clips with his alter ego muscle-bound goofball, cracked me up!

(eg: might not be worth balancing a laptop on your knees for 15 minutes)
LOL wink And that tickled me too. Hee hee.

Good job girl! And if you do a Jimmy one, I'll be looking forward to that one too. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG, this was so hilarious.... I *love* this song already, so I wasn't sure how on earth you could do an L&C version, but it's brilliant! Great editing & song/clip matches. I laughed out loud when the camera starts panning up the blonde's body and then pans back down again. goofy You're amazing.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'll admit, the use of this song intrigued me enough to make me look. You did a great job! I'm especially impressed considering you only had one episode of clips to work with.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I hadn't understood everything of the text, but I liked the Video nevertheless smile . Great job thumbsup

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
hehehe. laugh Thank you so much! I'm glad you guys are enjoying this little bit of craziness.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was hilarious! I loved it. Nice work.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
ROTFLMAO!! I'm finally peeking around the boards again... saw this song title, and of course it reminded me of you. wink I thought, "What the heck kind of L&C vid could you make of that song?!" I shrugged and was about to move on until I saw it was by you. HAD to take a look at that point. And OMG. I died laughing when I realized exactly what kind of L&C you could make with that song. laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Heeee! Thank you! laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well done. I just got a chance to see it. I loved it!

EDIT: Oh no! I'm not a hack from nowheresville reporter anymore! Clark! Where did you go? *searches frantically* laugh

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
That was great!!!!

Makes me want to get my DVDs out! [But I'm on Season 8 of Friends right now and then am borrowing S1/2 of Bones from my sister so I can watch this season - THEN I'll get them out!]

I'd watch another one!!! And would have put this one in my Top 10 article [don't know which one I would have taken out... see link below - you know it's gotten more hits than any of my other articles!?]

Carol

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard