Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If you have an iPad or and iPod Touch, you can have it read the fiction to you. The synthesized voice is pretty good, considering the low price of the necessary app.s I've posted a 'How To' with the apps I use here.

Of course, the Kindle has a similar functionality built in, as well.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd be happy to record some fics. :)I'm a singer, so diction is sort of my thing... it would be fun to record some stories. Should I start with one of my own? Are there some fics that you have in mind that need to be recorded? Are the programs suggested(like Audacity) still good ones to use?

/going off to experiment a little.../

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hmm, I do have a microphone and some time, as of late. Maybe I could take a crack at one or two of them.....

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I feared that there weren't any new readers, Labrat. But thankfully mozartmaid is willing to record some.
Mozartmaid, your fics would be great. Any new fics would be great but I really liked what I read of your fics so far.
Lynn, unfortunately I don't have a I Phone or I Pod. I consider getting an I Phone at some point in the future but I stopped working and started studying last year so I can't afford it at the moment. I read your post about the apps and I think it is a good idea. Thanks for sharing. smile
Queeen of the capes, it would be great if you'd record some.

Kathryn
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I thought about participating in audio reading some of the shorter fic, but my knowledge of setting up this sort of thing is pretty nil.

Any information as to how to go about doing this?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Everything you ever wanted to know about audiofic is here.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Kathryn84:
I feared that there weren't any new readers, Labrat. But thankfully mozartmaid is willing to record some.
Mozartmaid, your fics would be great. Any new fics would be great but I really liked what I read of your fics so far.
Thanks. blush I'll have some time this weekend to play around with it... I am thinking of starting with 'Night Witness'--it's not too long, it's humorous, and I even get to sing! wink (If anyone recalls: 'I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair...') I just have to get used to the Audacity software -- haven't figured out how to splice when I go back to cover mistakes...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
By all means, go for it! I would listen to at least part of the story, even though I already read it. I always like hearing the speaking voices of FoLCs, so I can 'hear' them in my head when I read their posts. That we'd get to hear you sing, too, is an added bonus. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, if there's someone out there who has the time and inclination to take over the admin of the audiofics, that would be great.

Paul would listen to the recordings, make sure that they were clear, that all of the disclaimers, etc, were in place, before sending them on to me for uploading.

At the moment, I don't have the time to do that. So if no one else does, the recordings will have to just come to me and be uploaded unchecked. It won't be that much of an issue, but it would obviously be much better if there was someone there to do that last minute check beforehand.

So if anyone is interested - mail me! smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just have to get used to the Audacity software -- haven't figured out how to splice when I go back to cover mistakes...
Mozartmaid, if by any chance you can work with Adobe Audition I'd recommend it instead of Audacity (even though this last one is freeware). Audacity isn't bad but when you edit the timeline sometimes the cuts are noticeable as popping sounds. In that respect Audition is better to work with.

By the way, thank you for working on new audiofics smile

I'd love to participate but I'm a bit scared. I have no idea of how my accent sounds to a native. I'm a radio broadcaster so speaking loud and clear isn't a problem in my mother tongue. But... if anyone ever need a news announcer with a foreign accent count me in!!!

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard