Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey there, and welcome to another Canadian FoLC!

Yes, we can still make DVDs available. You've missed the main Canadian shipment, so we'd now be looking at additional cost to ship a DVD to you from the US. We said Can$20 last time around as a minimum donation, but we'd have to add a couple of dollars to that.

I'll talk to Annette, who is our DVD provider, and see what we can do. In the meantime, can you email me at the address in my profile - that way I can tell you where you need to send your cheque. I'm the Canadian collector, so you can pay in Canadian dollars and I'll ensure that Annette gets the US equivalent.

And, yes, don't miss this wonderful treat for all L&C video and fanfic fans!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, finally I made it. Better late than never, huh? blush

So, let's blitz this feedback thing, baby. laugh

Feedback for Posters

First thing I looked at was the wonderful posters for the various stories on the DVD. And, boy, was I wow'd. The most amazing thing about these is that you could pass by a theater and see them on an ad hoarding and not think twice about it. They look so real.

It was hard to choose because I really enjoyed all of them, but I have to say that my favourite was Poussin's poster for Sara's Last Dance. Beautifully rendered and it has such an air of tragedy, of angst about it, that it truly is a thing of beauty. I love the mellow, understated hues of it and the montage of images. Breathtaking.

But it was a truly hard choice.

I also loved the green theme of Anna's poster for Julie's Me And My Big Mouth and the juxtaposition of the chosen images - all very cute. Plus, the strapline made me keen to read this one.

The strapline for Julie's poster for Wendy and Tank's Super...Who? had me goofy at the inclusion of the little gingerbread man. LOL!

Julie's poster for David's An Affair To Remember: Epilogue was just adorable. I love the central image and the simple, uncomplicated little strapline just made me thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
It was hard to choose because I really enjoyed all of them, but I have to say that my favourite was Poussin's poster for Sara's Last Dance. Beautifully rendered and it has such an air of tragedy, of angst about it, that it truly is a thing of beauty. I love the mellow, understated hues of it and the montage of images. Breathtaking.
Wow! Thank you so much LabRat! I really appreciate that! Even more so that the quality of my work (the quality and the cut of the pictures) wasn't good.

I am so glad you liked my poster, and the words you used to describe it ("tragedy", "angst" and "beauty") were the exact words that came to me when I read the story, and that was the feeling I tried to put on the poster. The story is so sad, but so beautiful, too. Poignant.

Thank you for the compliment, LabRat smile

And I realise now that I didn't even thank the other for their comments on my work. Shame on me! blush so...

Poussin: Awwww, this poster made my heart jump out of my chest and stomped it's self. Very good.
Thanks Psychofurball. As I said, I wanted this poster to be as poignant as the story. Glad to know it worked wink

and watching the trailer for Nan's Halloween got me majorly spooked -- so good work, Poussin! Now I'm almost afraid to read the story!
Poussin, I really liked your trailer for Nan's Halloween. I can't wait to read her story now.
Thank you so much, ChiefPam and MetroRhodes. Nan's story is so good, I was so happy to made the trailer for it. I was so lucky. Her fanfic inspired me easily.

Poussin: OMG! This trailer freaking rocked! I loved how you dubbed the "I do" over that clip. VERY good job. I was impressed. And the song is one of my faves.
Thank you, Psychofurball smile I really love your vids, so this comment from you mean a lot to me. I used two songs on this trailer: "the mass" by Era, and "Pompeii" by ES Posthumus. That's two great musics, from two great groups! laugh

But actually, I'm more happy with the way I dubbed Lex saying "I'd have to kill him, too" than I am with the "I do". When Lois speak "I do", we see very easily it's dubbed, while I know some people didn't even notice it with Lex...

Poussin: Very original, and I loved every second of it. The transitions with the hearts was very neat. And I loved the beats. The end was nice too. I actually like the version of the song better then the original. Good job!
I Want You To Want Me - Poussin: Great one! I loved the fact that the video was very 'upbeat'; exactly as a video for this song should be.
Thank you so much Psychofurball and Anna! I spent a lot of time to the Hearts effect (I designed it myself - that wasn't an effect present in the software, and I had needed to do it in many steps, using different softwares for each stage, so I spent almost a whole month only on the hearts scenes...). After that, I was a little short on patience, so the upbeat at the end of the videos aren't really synchro... goofy Sorry about that, but thanks for the compliments! laugh

Now, I'll just have to look again at the DVD, since I just realised I hadn't let feedback myself. I am a bad girl!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard