#244222 05/04/06 11:42 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
WARNING: This thread will contain spoilers for music videos, trailers, and fanfic posters that are currently only available on the Fundraiser DVD ! We're still accepting donations, so it's not to late to get your own copy of the DVD. Find out how!

So you've gotten your DVD and had a trailer and video marathon straight away, right? goofy And you're just dying to gush to the creators of these works! But none of them came with email addresses for the creators.

That's what this thread is for!!!

You had to watch Psychofurball's music video, "Red", three times already? You were impressed by Laurach's fanfic poster for Alexis Waters' story "I'm Getting Married"? Paul-Gabriel Wiener aka HatMan's Super Speedy Adventures of Superman had you rolling on the floor laughing? LoisLaneWannaBe's trailer for LabRat's "When You Can't See the Wood" was one of the best you've seen?

Here's your chance to tell the artists what you thought of their creativity! These FoLCs put in a lot of thought and effort to make the DVD what it is! Let's let them know how much it's appreciated! No need to start a new thread, simply post a reply here with the name of the trailer/video/poster and the artist. smile

And don't forget... if you want to give feedback for any of the stories, just hop over to this thread!

Thank you to all of our hard working volunteers, and to those of you who contributed to the fundraiser so we can keep the creative side of FoLCdom alive and kicking! clap

Sara
Fundraising Committee - FoLC Productions Division smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I haven't seen too many vids just yet (had to turn my speakers off), but I checked out a couple of the trailers earlier.

First off, I really have to thank Sara for the awesome job she did on the Steel Shadows trailer. I've never had a trailer before (never thought I would... I don't write the kind of stories people make trailers for, and besides, how many clips are there of Lois wandering through Oz? None!), so just that is really exciting. The trailer itself though... so cool! Thank you!! (And, really, you didn't have to credit me. I just sketched an outline... you did all the work and the artistry...)

And Anna!! It took a lot of time (and probably a lot of your patience), but those graphics were so worth it! (I hope you agree...) Beautiful, and just what I wanted! You're the best! Well, you and Sara. You, Sara, and... never mind. I'm not going all Monty Python here. You're amazing. Thank you!

Back to Sara: Without a Trace trailer. WOW. That's just... wow. Brilliant work!

Laurach: Good job with the Dream a Little Dream poster. Lighthearted and fun... just like the story! I love Elvis!

Diane: I haven't read Tracey's story yet (I'm saving it!), but that was a beautiful trailer. Makes me want to read it even more! Love the font choice, and the way the words dance. (Well, technically, they just slide on and off the screen, but they're so spritely about it! ... No pun intended.)

Okay, that's all for now. Can't wait to see the rest, though!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I got my DVD today! jump

I'm sort of jumping around from one thing to another and really don't have the time I'd like to spend on this, but I did want to say -- I *love* the video for Bless the Broken Road! I've always liked that song, so that helped, but LLWB, you had some lovely clip choices in there. And I liked the idea of starting it from Lois's POV; I usually thought of it from Clark's side, but it applies just as well if not better to her...

And the trailer for the Kiss Off was fabulous! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chiming in again...

Just saw the trailer for "Can't See the Wood" -- great job, Kelly! I loved the old-film effects, and you had some great editing. The song made me laugh, and so did the very end... Not that there was really any doubt wink but I'm going to *have* to read the story, now!

Also liked the trailer for "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" -- in this case I'd read the story first, so I know how tough it must have been to make the trailer work. *Great* music, JenniJac.

Great posters for Dream a Little Dream (Laurach) and George's Big Day Out (BanAnna), too... and watching the trailer for Nan's Halloween got me majorly spooked -- so good work, Poussin! Now I'm almost afraid to read the story! goofy

/me is having *waaaaay* too much fun over here...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Managed to see a bit more tonight (I can turn my speakers on! That helps...).

Kelly, I love the trailer for Lab's story. Lighthearted and really fun! So well put together. Now I'm really looking forward to getting to read the story! Oh, and I really love the logo at the beginning! (Have you done other trailers? I haven't been watching too many of them. Now I'm going to have to go look them up...)

Wendy, great job with "If At First You Don't Succeed..."! The scene selection, the way it's put together... It just.. it really works.

JenniJac!! I just saw yours! Hadn't heard that song, but I like it. Even more, I love what you've done with it. The way you put it all together like that. They way they sometimes talk over the music. You don't see that too much. It's hard to pull off. But I really like it here. And that ending!! I didn't see that coming, but that was awesome!

Rach! That was evil!! And classic. All your usual deftness. And wow, you made me enjoy a song like that. Impressive. laugh

Lab... another great logo! *g* And... lol, babble vid! Fun and WAFFy! smile Good job. laugh

Anna... "Something To Sleep To..." I like Michelle Branch, but I don't know too many of her songs. Hadn't heard this one before. Great choice! Thanks! And... wow. You took those eps and put them with that beat, and made it all work! And that "wake up" sequence! That was awesome! General image/lyric matching, too, but that's been very cool with everyone...

Okay, you know what I just said about scene selection? It just got better. "True." Wow. The cake. The proposal. The stitching together of echoing moments. Not my usual kind of song, but... so waffily perfect. Thank you!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow...wow...that's just all I can say.

I've been jumping around on this CD like a monkey, watching trailers and music vids, some of them over and over.

They are all so good.

Poussin, I really liked your trailer for Nan's Halloween. I can't wait to read her story now.

And Kelly, your trailer for When You Can't See The Wood was so cute. Loved it.

Rach - of course I loved your video, as usual. It's been a very very long time since I've seen any of season four (or three for that matter), enjoying the clips immensely.

Pam, I really enjoyed your trailer for Breakfast at Callard's. I haven't had a chance to do much reading yet but I just had to go read your story after I watched it.

Okay, my post is getting too long, I'll come back with more praise later when I've had more time to watch and read.

Thanks everyone! clap

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I got my dvd today *dances* and I just finished watching some of the videos (the ones I saw were GREAT!), all of the trailers (again, GREAT), and Paul's video. I'm sure my husband and the roomie thought I was crazy, snickering, lauging, and snorting at all of it. Especially when I heard strains of "I think I'm a clone now". I'd go through individually, but I hear there's stories for these great trailers, and my ADD mind is going "READ READ READ READ READ NOW. QUIT TYPING, READ". So I'm gonna go do so before it gets too loud. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
Omg!!! I got my dvd today. Perfect timing, cause I'll be gone for abit. But my god. We have alot of talented people. And It was wonderful to see all the posters, trailers and videos. You guy's did a wonderful job! So please excuse me if this is long. But I know for a fact, how hard it is to do jobs like this. So I figured I would give fdk to everyone!

Just going in order as I see them.

Posters

Julie: My god woman. Very nice for affair to remember and Super...Who? Loved it! Made me read part of D's story today. Before I ran off.

Laura: You can tell you have art experience. Very nice on the posters I loved them.

Anna: F***in A, Woman! They look like movie posters. You are getting very good.

An: Now this poster for "The Gripe Sheet" looked interesting. It didnt give much away. And it made me want to read the story to find out what was going on. Good job! Loved the "I've got a question" one too.

Poussin: Awwww, this poster made my heart jump out of my chest and stomped it's self. Very good.

Trailers

El: VERY good job on this one. I loved how sad it was. It made me read part of the story today. I was very busy today. And I don't have alot of time. Good job! You are truely evil.

Aria: LOL! I loved this one. I loved how you got the titles on them. And the song was catchy. Loved it.

Pam: Loved the song! And I thought It was pretty funny. I plan to read this when I return. And I want to find out if she did hear what I thought she heard. Good job!

Poussin: OMG! This trailer freaking rocked! I loved how you dubbed the "I do" over that clip. VERY good job. I was impressed. And the song is one of my faves.

Wendy:LOL! Hmmmm this trailer was very interesting. Looks like a story I will love. And I love how you got it where he is losing his mind. Good job!!!

Sara: LOL!!! Now this story looks good. Very good editing on this. The kiss off, btw. I seen that you have two. I loved how you had them kissing. And I actually read this one earlier. <g> I Loved the story. Good job on the trailer, hon. Now for "Without a trace" OMFG!!! That is one intense trailer. It looks awesome. And I loved how you did the baby carriage thing. Very nice!!!

Sara & Paul: OOOOOOH!!!! Nice! I loved the lab scenes. Very nice on the music and intense. And the beats at the end were nice too. The story looks very good. And it's on my list to read very soon. Good job, you two.

Kelly: LOL!!! I Loved the effects and the song about sisters. And the talking inbewteen was funny. Good job hon.

JenniJac: Very VERY interesting. Very good on the editing. And I loved both of the songs in it. All sappy at frist then bam! Emotional crap! Bah! Good job!

Videos

JenniJac: GOOOD video. I loved this one, and now i have a damn song to dl and add to my collection. I love how you got lois telling superman to be brave. Good job!

Kelly: OMG!! I looooove this song. And the video was freaking awesome. Very good editing, and very good clip choice. Good job! I loved it.

Poussin: Very original, and I loved every second of it. The transitions with the hearts was very neat. And I loved the beats. The end was nice too. I actually like the version of the song better then the original. Good job!

Erica: LOL!!! I Loved this vid. Loved all the "rescuing" parts. Very very good job. I loved it alot.

Lab: I LOVE roxette. And I'm glad you did a video to this song. Very catchy! And I loved with you did with it. You know I love it wink And thanks for the ending too. smile

Anna: You are one huge talent. Both of those videos were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! I looooved "Something to sleep to" GOD! You know i'm a sucker for beats. That was very good editing. Good job!

Paul:LMAO!!!! My god. That was the most funniest thing I have ever saw and heard. I loved the frog part with weird al. And I loved the ending where you took wells and had him tied up at that one clip. God I was laughing so hard. Good Job! And glad to see you back with a video.

There is my fdk for the production part! I hope I didn't miss anyone, and If I did, I'm sorry. I will return to thank them. You guy's did a VERY good job. And I loved everything from it. Thank you so much for all talents. It made my day. smile1

Rach(who is late on packing)

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Blogger
Blogger
Is it still possible to get the DVD? I haven't had money until today. Well, officially not until tomorrow, when I can get my paycheck to the bank. I would *love* to get a dvd.

Jen

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Jen. I believe it still is possible.

The question was asked in this thread if there was a deadline, and the answer was basically that it was open indefinitely. Donations are always appreciated and it's not that hard to mail out a new copy to someone in the US.

The situation may change in the future, but, last I heard, some of the overseas shipments were just going out (sent in bulk to the regional distributor).

I can't say for sure, but odds are that if you email Annette ( amciotola at aol dot com ), you'll be able to work something out. smile

While I'm writing...

Thanks for the lovely FDK so far, in this thread and others! smile I was worried that my vid, "The Super Speedy Adventures of Superman," would be a little overwhemling with the music, so I'm especially glad to hear you've been enjoying it. smile

OTOH, I have to say again that Sara really deserves the credit for the Steel Shadows trailer. I came up with the basic idea and bare-bones outline, but she's the one who turned, for example, "*shots of random evil labs*" into that impressive sequence.

Anyway, thanks to Anna, Karen, Rach, Jackie, and Sara for the FDK. It's great to hear. I really appreciate it. smile

Paul

P.S. If you want to see what they're talking about... Buy the DVD!

Blogger
Blogger
Thanks, Paul!

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
I received my DVD this morning!!! smile1

This is my first moent of peace, and I just saw Paul' Super Speedy Adventures of L&C: G R E A T! clap clap clap
I laughed out loud watching it! Thank you for a funny moment! smile

I can't wait to see and to read all of these stories and trailers and videos and posters!

simona smile

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I just received my DVD! rotflol I actually had my brother watch the first two so that he could marvel at the sound effects too *g*

Good job, Paul!

Also, I should mention the wonderful graphics on the DVD case and the DVD itself... professional work! Who are they by? Annette?

I'll be back with more FDK as soon as I'm able to catch up.

Thank you all,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Also, I should mention the wonderful graphics on the DVD case and the DVD itself... professional work! Who are they by? Annette?
Those are courtesy of Anna Belcher. smile1

And while I'm here, I suppose I could spare time to give a little feedback of my own. goofy

Anna - I still can't get over the brilliant tagline for your George's Big Day Out poster. goofy

Thank you to everyone who's given feedback on my trailers. I think with these three, I had more fun than I've ever had making trailers before. Tribute, I hope, to the great stories that inspired them. smile

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sara, I forgot that I hadn't told you yet, but the thing I wanted to see most on the DVD was the trailer you did for my "Without a Trace." Since my story picks up 9 years after the series ends, I knew it would be hard to find clips for it. Yet you found such perfect shots. I loved the music; when it transitioned to the fast beat, and the scenes started flashing by, I literally jumped. Then it concluded with the empty bassinet and Lois's cry of "Superman!" and the final shot of the two of them clinging to each other in desperate grief in the Planet's conference room. Wow!

Thank you, Sara. You did a terrific job.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
More FDK...

Baby Be Brave - JenniJAC: Nice video! Very emotional.

God Blessed The Broken Road - LoisLaneWannaBe: Beautiful! Very L&C song, and you did a great job with the image/lyrics match.

I Want You To Want Me - Poussin: Great one! thumbsup I loved the fact that the video was very 'upbeat'; exactly as a video for this song should be.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Got mine this morning! A thousand thanks to Yvonne for organising the UK side of things. smile1

First thing I did was just look at this thing of beauty. laugh A round of thumbsup to the production team of Annette, Wendy and Anna for producing something so beautiful to look at.

Then, I was supposed to start watching things in an orderly fashion...

...but have to confess I just went completely ape and started hopping around from one thing to the other.

So I need to sit down and take my time before I offer up individual feedback. Which I will start doing soon!

So far though everything I've seen has been awesome! I'm so impressed with the talent in this fandom. dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
All I've seen so far is the God Blessed the Broken Road video. All I can say is WOW! It was so beautiful! All the scenes matched up and the story fit with the music so perfectly. I love it! hail

I'll post fdk as I watch them. I'm slowly making my way through the DVD and I'm so amazed at everything I'm seeing! I can't wait to finish it.

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry I'm so late coming back here. I kept meaning to and then forgetting...

Anyway, I just wanted to thank Simona, Anna, and Sara for the FDK. Like I said, I wasn't sure about how it came out, so I appreciate the compliments even more than usual.

I do want to be clear, though, that I can't take credit for making the sound effects. The wrench, for example... IRC regulars will be familliar with it as (the thankfully seldom-used) "pindrop.wav." I came up with the idea and plugged it into that slot, but I didn't make the sound itself.

As for the ending... It really is what ties it all together. Really, as I was writing the outline for the vid, I found myself stuck for where it was going and what it was supposed to be. It wasn't until I thought of the fundraiser that it found form and direction. (Which is why the vid won't be posted anywhere else, even after the year is up.) Glad you appreciated that, Sara. smile

Thanks again for the FDK! smile

Paul

Blogger
Blogger
I am a longtime Lois & Clark fan, but only recently became part of internet message boards and other websites devoted to Lois & Clark. I love the show like you wouldn't believe, and I'm just blown away by the creativity of other L&C fans. I was invited to join this board recently, and just read about this DVD. Are they still available or is the fundraiser now over?

Thanks smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard