Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#243899 03/12/06 07:01 AM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
okay i just downloaded DVD shrink and am trying to make a MV. but i cant get the video transfered to my Windows movie maker.
can any one give me any info or help me figure it out. huh sad confused

Lois: "The phrase God help you will take on a whole new meaning, because only God could!!"
#243900 03/12/06 07:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What error message are you getting when you try to move the file into MM2? Are you sure the file is in the right format for MM2 to accept it?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#243901 03/12/06 07:37 AM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
the error message says:

This file can not be imported
make sure that it isa valid type and its contents have not been corrupted.C:\Documents and settings\liz\my documents\my videos\new folder\VIDEO_TS\new folder\VTS1.VOB

Lois: "The phrase God help you will take on a whole new meaning, because only God could!!"
#243902 03/12/06 07:48 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
From Windows Movie Maker Help:

Supported file types
You can add content to your Windows Movie Maker project either by capturing content directly in Windows Movie Maker or by importing existing digital media files. The content you capture in Windows Movie Maker is saved in Windows Media Format. However, you can also import existing Windows Media-based content as well as other common file formats.

You can import files with the following file name extensions into Windows Movie Maker to use in your project:

Audio files: .aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

Picture files: .bmp, .dib, .emf, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, and .wmf

Video files: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv
If the type of your video (probably .VOB, by the error message?) is not one of the listed above in "vĂ¯deo", then Windows Movie Maker will not import the file.

You might have to convert the file to a "usable" type, using another prgoram.

malu wave

#243903 03/12/06 08:11 AM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
How can i convert them?
I have no idea
i have the DVDshrink so how can i capture pictures like that or just how can i capture pictures at all and be able to make videos with it, and can i rip with
DVDshrink?

help huh

#243904 03/12/06 08:29 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I just looked at what DVD Shrink can do, and it seems all it does is get the VOB files from the DVD (or hard drive) and throw them in a DVD copy (sort of like a backup). You cannot convert files with DVD Shrink. You may need something else (you may need to buy something). Maybe someone else can suggest some software?

malu wave

#243905 03/12/06 08:33 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, I found this at this web page :

If you want to take those clips and put them together with transitions & whatnot, you should beable to load a .VOB into Windows Movie Maker by simply renaming the .VOB to .MPG.
Can you try this and see if it works? Make a copy of the VOB file in your computer and try renaming to whateveryouhave.MPG (instead of whateveryouhave.VOB).

malu wave

P.S.: I tried doing it with a file I have here, and the file was imported by Windows Movie Maker, but every time I tried dragging to the timeline, I got an error and WMM is closed.

#243906 03/12/06 08:54 AM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I cant get it to work.
man i feel dumb.
now how can i convert it i tried renaming it but i cant change it from a VOB file.
whinging

#243907 03/12/06 09:09 AM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Okay I got it to work!!! smile1

I think really i hope i did :p

thank you!! thank you!!! thank you!! thumbsup

#243908 03/12/06 09:16 AM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
okay never mind i didnt get it to work i changed the name and everything but it went in to audio and wont show up on the story line.

Please someone help this is driving me NUTS!!

wallbash

#243909 03/12/06 09:32 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
To make a VOB a video file, you have to use some software special for it. There is MANY different ones. I personally think Rippack or Shush are the best, since they did everything from extract the VOB to create the AVI, and they calcul the bitrate and everything. You just have to do 5 minutes of work at the beginning and wait two to four hours (depending on your PC and video), and you have your file.

Here is the link to Rippack:
http://www.bheller.com/file/Rippackv3beta.exe

Here is the link to Shish:
http://www.download-freeware-shareware.com/Download-Multimedia.php?Type=12430

There is too others softwares, like FlaskMPEG:
http://www.multimania.com/thekiller91/download/mp4/FlasKMPEG%200.6%20Preview.zip

etc...

EDIT:
GordianKnot is too a very good software to convert DVD to video files editable:
http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/encodeurs_et_decodeurs/fiches/26719.html?fy

Idem for FairUse:
http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/encodeurs_et_decodeurs/fiches/27963.html?fy

But since you have yet the VOB files on your hard drive, I think the easiest way is to use the software WinAvi. It can convert almost any video files, and it can convert VOB in AVI or WMV or MPEG or RM:
http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/encodeurs_et_decodeurs/fiches/31490.html?fy
Note: that one is an hardware, so this is only a trial version.

#243910 03/12/06 10:13 AM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
okay thanks i think i may have got it to work i downloaded a sortware called vituralDubmod it is goingh now so i wont really know if it works till it is done any way if any one would like it here is the thingy
http:// web page
And its Free!!

it will for sure ( i already tested it) convert the VOB files to files that your windows movie maker can use.

thank you soo much!!
hyper jump party

#243911 03/12/06 11:48 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Yep. Excellent choice. VirtualDubMod do the trick too. In fact, the first one I told you about, Rippack, is a pack of various softwares that it use one after another automatically until the conversion is complete, and it use VirtualDub to convert the VOB in AVI.

It's an excellent choice. Plus, VirtualDubMod can do editing too, it's an editing video software. But it gets a little complicated to use when you try to make some specific things...

#243912 03/13/06 03:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please someone [Help] this is driving me NUTS!!
Welcome to the wonderful world of MM2. goofy It's a terrific program and so simple to use - when it works. But on the days when it has a hissy fit every five minutes for the slightest thing you just want to toss it out of the nearest window and save on the stress levels. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#243913 03/13/06 08:21 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Glad everything got resolved, Elisa. I had seen this program, but it was an older (and much more complicated) version of it.

OK, now being a nitpick. blush
The link you gave, Elisa, has the "r" and the "t" of "Virtual" exchanged. Here is the corrected link to those who want to download this program.

See ya,

malu wave

#243914 03/13/06 01:28 PM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
OH! okay one more thing when i go to put the video on the WMM it has all kinds of bars and is very slow and jittery. does anyone knoe how to fix this.

wave confused

#243915 03/13/06 01:34 PM
Elisa Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
one other thing how can i get the videos to do like little fade in fade out and like bounce or shake things like that?

is there like a program that i should download or can i do it a different way? if there is a program that i can download is it free or does anyone know of a free one that can be downloaded?

wink smile confused splat

#243916 03/13/06 01:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No idea on your first question, Elisa. For the second, click on 'view video effects' or 'view video transitions for the options for fade out, etc.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#243917 03/13/06 02:55 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's actually not MM2's fault that it can't read .vob files. That is a unique DVD format that actually combines video (MPEG-2), audio (AC3/DTS/PCM/Prologic/etc.), and other DVD capabilities (subtitles, multiple angles, chapter marks, multiple languages, etc.) into the file. Since it is not just audio and video, it can't simply be named something else and be read as a video file.

There are tons of programs for the PC to translate .vob files into AVI, WMV, and other file formats. What I find difficult to find are .vob -> QuickTime files. Since Macs are significantly better than PC's at video production and most Mac programs like Final Cut Express/Pro, iMovie, DVD Studio Pro 4.0 and iDVD use .mov files, you'd think there would be more programs out there to translate to QuickTime.

DVD Shrink's main purpose in life is to take dual-layer DVD's, crack any Macrovision copy protection and remove any PUO (Prohibited User Operations), and shrink 'em down to fit onto a single-layer 4.3GB (4.7GB when you think 1MB = 1 million bytes) disc. DVD Shrink's one weakness is that it is very sensitive to any disc errors and will fail when it detects one. That's where DVD Decrypter comes in. Rip it with DVD Decrypter first and then shrink it.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#243918 03/13/06 11:54 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
OH! okay one more thing when i go to put the video on the WMM it has all kinds of bars and is very slow and jittery. does anyone knoe how to fix this.
Yes, I know a way to fix this. But I told you VirtualDubMod was complicated to use for the editing task. Maybe you should have chosen an automatic program to start with (and except for the last one I said to you about, all the others are Freeware).

But here the solution to your problem:
1- Open your file (File / Open)
2- Clic on "Video"
3- Clic on "Filters"
4- Clic on "Add"
5- Clic on "Deinterlace"
6- Choose the way of deinterlace. I recommend that you let the option by default "blend fields together"

And if, after that, you have a line of colour at the bottom or at the top of your video, you have to do that:
1- clic on video
2- clic on filters
3- clic on add
4- clic on Null Transform
5- clic on add
6- clic on cropping
7- Change the values of Y1 and Y2 until the line of colour disappeared
8- then you add the filters Resize
9- you write the same video size than your original file in the fields "New width" and "New height"
10- you tick off "expand frame an letterbox image"
11- you write again the size of your original video file
12- Done

one other thing how can i get the videos to do like little fade in fade out and like bounce or shake things like that?

is there like a program that i should download or can i do it a different way? if there is a program that i can download is it free or does anyone know of a free one that can be downloaded?
Windows Movie Maker made all the basic effects and transitions. You just add to choose the effects or transitions you want and add them in the video timeline (I'm not sure how we name that in English).

There is some free softwares but they can do less things than Movie Maker. If you want a software that can do things less basic, you have to buy one.

Among my favourites are:
Adobe premiere (pro or elements)
Ulead video studio
Pinnacle studio

And if you want to have very special, rare and very cool effects, you have to add them the plugin "Hollywood FX".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard