Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#243783 02/25/06 10:21 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Finally! After months and years (okay, about two weeks) of struggle, I feel that my first LnC music video is ready for the world to see!

I've made music videos for other fandoms (which include Farscape, Farscape, and perhaps even a Farscape one somewhere), but this is my first time completing a venture outside that fandom. I enjoyed making this, perhaps a bit more than I should, and I probably should be sick of the song since its the only one I want to listen to as I drive.

Also, I noticed that this song has been done before. I apologize if this is some sort of 'nono' for reusing songs, but it just would not let me be until I got it done!

The song is called 'Superman' by Five for Fighting, but I thought that maybe it was more suited for the man behind the cape.

And without further ado I present to you:

[Linked Image]
32.8 MB | 15.3 MB

Personally I (HIGHLY) recommend watching the larger file (my bandwidth is in no danger of suffering) because the quality is perhaps a billion times better (and nice when viewed in full screen! laugh ), but I understand the woes and pains of dial-up.

All constructive criticism welcome, but I ask that you refrain from using flaming pitchforks. I burn easily.

(Oh! And I know that the date on the video says it was completed on the 25th, but that's because it was. Its taking me forever to render and upload. Ho hum...)

Thanks goes to my friend Kazbaby for her help in this vid. Without her input, you would have gotten a slight different product.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#243784 02/26/06 01:12 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
WOW! VERY GREAT JOB! I LOVED IT!

#243785 02/26/06 01:19 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Holy cow!! I loved that, Catherine!! You had some wonderful lyric matches in there - some that made my breath catch! *sigh* I *adore* this song so much because it's just so very Clark... and that makes what you did with the opening part just... freakin' brilliant! goofy Did I say brilliant already? Seriously, I'm really blown away by the concept you put behind this video even though it should be glaringly obvious from the song. laugh

I totally know what you mean about hearing the song too much. I'm writing a story about alt Clark and the song "Away From the Sun" by 3 Doors Down wasn't only my inspiration, but it also became the title. And, having been working on this story for over a year now blush , I must have heard this song literally thousands of times. It boggles the mind that I'm not sick of it yet, but that's how the great ones are, right? wink

Anyway, I'm babbling here, and this thread is for video feedback. goofy

Awesome lyric matches. Awesome song. Awesome editing. clap

We'll definitely need to see more from you!!!

Sara (who sings "Superman" at karaoke nearly every time she goes laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#243786 02/26/06 01:30 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! This was an amazing video! Very touching and amazingly genuine to Clark's character. It was a great concept...and it was beautifully executed! I hope to see lots more from you soon!

Steph smile (LOL I just noticed we have the same avatar pic! heheheh)

Clark: There's no such word as chumpy.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!"
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am!
#243787 02/26/06 02:14 PM
Blogger
Blogger
This is borderline perfect. I bask in the garden of your turbulence!!

Mmmm...pie.
#243788 02/26/06 10:08 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Catherine

WOW, WOW, WOW!! smile1 I look forward to watching more of your work. laugh

Tricia cool

#243789 02/27/06 02:47 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow! That was great! I haven't watched a video in forever because of my slow connection. I'm so glad I picked this one to start back up again. Fantastic job!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#243790 02/27/06 05:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nicely done! You picked some unusual moments to highlight the song, and it made it quite spellbinding.

Great job!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#243791 02/27/06 10:49 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Nice! thumbsup Good editing too. Loved the song. Very very good job, This was your frist LnC vid too. I'm impressed. smile

Can't wait to see what else you got. Great job! clap

Rach smile

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#243792 03/04/06 08:10 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
12 years later, I realize I haven't responded to the lovely feedback... Bad CB! Bad BAD CB!

***Warning!!*** The Following contains rambling responses and mushy feelings towards lovely feedback. Just be lucky I didn't reply right away! It would have been even worse.

Originally posted by poussin:
WOW! VERY GREAT JOB! I LOVED IT!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! ^_^

Originally posted by KSaraSara:

Anyway, I'm babbling here, and this thread is for video feedback. goofy
Hee! Babbling's just fine! I like babblers. I'm a babbler meself! I don't know if I make it obvious when I post something, but I do go on tangents.

And your comment left me feeling nice and fuzzy! laugh I'm glad you liked the beginning so much. I went into a fit of evil laughter when I figured out what to do with it, and it grew louder when I found the dialogue to go with it!

Originally posted by damara531:
Wow! This was an amazing video! Very touching and amazingly genuine to Clark's character. It was a great concept...and it was beautifully executed! I hope to see lots more from you soon!

Steph smile (LOL I just noticed we have the same avatar pic! heheheh)
Well you know, great minds think alike! (Of course, I picked it because my brain went Caveman and all it could say was 'durr... pwetty!')

And yay! I was worried I might not get him across. Its kinda hard to do sometimes, because what's in my brain doesn't quite match what I do sometimes... Thanks!

Originally posted by ladyluck1128:
This is borderline perfect. I bask in the garden of your turbulence!!
Yay! Thanks! ^_^ *hopes to reach (buaha!) perfection soon*

Originally posted by TriciaW:
Catherine

WOW, WOW, WOW!!

This is excellent. The song is a fantastic choice and the clips match the lyrics perfectly. hyper Wee! I'm glad you were able to watch, and that it was a good pick for you! ^_^ And slow connections are icky... frown

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Capes:
<strong> Very nicely done! You picked some unusual moments to highlight the song, and it made it quite spellbinding.

Great job!
blush Thank you! I tried to find parts that weren't overly obvious, but still had relevence. (of course, I did use some of the obvious ones.)

Originally posted by Psychofurball:
Nice! Good editing too. Loved the song. Very very good job, This was your frist LnC vid too. I'm impressed. smile

Can't wait to see what else you got. Great job!

Rach smile
Thanks! Yes, my first LnC vid everrr. Glad I impressed you! Hopefully I'll have something else to share soon.

Woohoo! Thank you to everyone that watched my video, and thanks to those who commented. Hopefully you enjoyed this! *has warm fuzzies*

-CB

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
#243793 03/14/06 01:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Catherine, this is fantastic! (And eep, I'm way, way behind on this feedback — apologies for that!)

Seriously, what a lovely, poignant choice of clips (gah, my heart constricted when we see him cradling a dying Mayson in his arms!). I'm just at a loss for proper words, especially as everyone else has articulated their love of this vid so well. The point is: The whole thing was just perfection. And! This is your first video?! notworthy Hope to see more from you!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#243794 03/14/06 06:07 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally posted by angelic_editor:
Catherine, this is fantastic! (And eep, I'm way, way behind on this feedback — apologies for that!)

Seriously, what a lovely, poignant choice of clips (gah, my heart constricted when we see him cradling a dying Mayson in his arms!). I'm just at a loss for proper words, especially as everyone else has articulated their love of this vid so well. The point is: The whole thing was just perfection. And! This is your first video?! notworthy Hope to see more from you!
Thank you! ^_^ I'm glad you liked it so much! (and that's okay, I was pleasantly surprised to see this comment! laugh ) And my heart broke when she died in the show, and I'm glad I got that across here =D

(This is my first LnC video, but I've made a few for another fandom before this laugh )

Thank you again for the lovely feedback!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

#243795 03/15/06 01:26 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL! I love the end disclaimer the most!! But really I downloaded this after I watched the other one you did. I loved this one too!! Good job....MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!

Jenny

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
#243796 03/15/06 04:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Owww, that was a beautiful beautiful video. And fits so well with Clark/Superman. Thank you so much for doing this video. smile

#243797 04/05/06 06:17 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
WoOoW, that was such a beautiful music video...Good job!! smile1 smile
Also a nice song and great video quality.. smile

x-x-x Nathalie -x-x-x
#243798 05/05/06 03:01 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hello everyone You will have to excuse my ignorance I had no idea about Folc until someone told me...where have you guys been all my life? Wow fellow Lois and Clark lovers. By the way that was a great video!!!!!!!!! I almost cried! smile

Amanda

"Don't fall for me farm boy, I don't have time for it." LL
#243799 05/06/06 11:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was a great vid, Catherine! thumbsup

And LOL at the disclaimer. "Psychological damage," tee hee smile

Looking forward to more of your productions!

-- Jude

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
#243800 05/09/06 10:11 AM
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Wonderful Job. Looking foward to seeing more from you.

Griffin: Did I ever tell you how long I was in prison?
Victor: I think you said it was five years
Griffin: Right. And I never got a day off for good behavior. Know why?
*** Victor shakes his head***
Griffin: Because I'm not a nice guy.
#243801 08/21/07 04:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm bringing this thread back to the top because this was such an absolutely BEAUTIFUL music video!

jawdrop How did I not know this existed??? You picked THE Superman song. laugh And the matches for the lyrics were wonderful. I absolutely adore this song and this video. The editing was great and... well... *goes to watch again* I loved it. laugh

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#243802 08/22/07 04:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Laura S:
I'm bringing this thread back to the top ...
thanks for doing so hail

the video is just great and I'm happy that I had the chance to see it now smile

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#243803 08/22/07 08:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my goodness! I can't believe I hadn't left fdk on this vid. I've watched it several times (all the while thinking I had already left fdk) blush

I truly enjoyed it! Good job!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#243804 08/22/07 10:20 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
smile1 Oooh I love I love I love! goofy ) ; "The only thing I'd like more is... more!" wink

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#243805 09/03/07 04:37 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was simply beautiful.

Well done Catherine, your insight into what it is to be Clark in the L&C universe captures the character perfectly (IMHO).

clap

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard