Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#242704 08/19/05 10:37 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Is there a way to send donations other than pay pal? I'd like to donate to my favorite website but I have a phobia of putting my credit card information on line. Perhaps an address that I could send a check to? grovel

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#242705 08/19/05 10:50 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hey, Sheila. smile

Thanks for the intent to donate. laugh

You're probably aware of the fundraiser we're getting started on. We haven't begun to collect donations for the project yet, but keep an eye out on the boards for more information as it becomes available. smile

As for the actual donation, no need to worry, as we'll have methods other than PayPal for donating.

Thanks for you interest and support! smile

Sara Kraft
Fundraising Committee - FoLC Productions Division goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#242706 08/20/05 09:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just to add to Sara's helpful answer - in the past, we've tried to organise this so as to have collectors in as many parts of the world as possible, precisely so that FoLCs can send cheques in their own currency. Apart from anything else, while PayPal is great it's not free. A certain percentage of each PayPal payment is deducted in charges - the donor pays nothing, but the recipient doesn't get the full amount.

So, nearer the time, we'll be asking for volunteer collectors around the world, and once we have a list FoLCs can email the collector in their own country/currency zone (if there is one) and ask for an address to send cheques to. There'll definitely be a collector in the US; goofy also in Canada, the UK, the Euro-zone in Europe, in Australia and in as many other countries where we can get FoLCs to help out. There may still be PayPal charges when the money is eventually transferred to the US, of course... but we live with that. And where the amount being transferred is larger, we're not hit by minimum charges to the same extent.

Wendy smile
Fundraising Committee - PR Division wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#242707 08/20/05 01:37 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just a heads-up on one issue for the Euro-zone: Italian cheques don't work in France, French cheques don't work in Germany and so on. So unless we send cash (which is really not that safe) we might need one collector for each country of the Euro-zone. :p

Kaethel smile (who doesn't mind collecting for France if that helps)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard