Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#242324 07/14/05 07:00 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Labby, yeah, they *are* done in dark colors. My favorite Forever Knight wallpaper is black and dark blood-red. I've discovered that I'm more attracted to dark, strong colors than pastels. Though there *is* something to be said for monochromatic! wink I just don't like pastels anymore. wink I like strong, bold colors better. <g> If you look on my personal LNC archive, that's kinda evident...

Roo, it might also help if you get the biggest version available first. <g> My little versions are linked to bigger ones that get slightly bigger when you click on them again. And Anna's right. Be sure you choose stretch rather than center or tile.

Laura
http://bratling.0catch.com

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#242325 07/15/05 02:31 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, I've nothing against dark or strong colours, Laura - but these are so dark on my pc you can't see anything but a square of dark, basically. Which seems to defeat the purpose. laugh If you're spending time putting together images wouldn't you want them to be seen? On these two, I can't see much but dark blue.

And, sorry, but haven't had time to go look at your website, so I've no idea what's on there.

But if these are what you want, that's cool. They're your wallpapers. smile And, again, others using other pcs may be seeing them much more clearly than my pc is.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#242326 07/15/05 08:48 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
hm... Weird. It doesn't look that way on my computer. I made another, only it's not LNC--it's JAG. I'll put it here for any JAGaholic FoLCs, I guess. it's dark, too... but there's some light to it, because I used one of the pictures I took last year of the car that blew up across the street from my apartment. After we finish moving, I might try something similar for a LNC wallpaper.

[Linked Image]

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
#242327 07/16/05 08:29 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, the moon pic is a little dark, but since it's night that's not surprising. Actually, it doesn't seem that bad to me. The figures show up fine on my screen, so it might be your pc that's the problem, Labrat -- or maybe my computer is just strange. goofy (Not impossible. From some of the things it does, I'm of the opinion that it's in a plot with other online computers to drive the human race crazy and take over the world.) Anyhoo, I like the moon wallpaper.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#242328 07/16/05 09:58 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I can see them, but I've also got a less-than-a-year-old PC with a top-of-the-line graphics card in it. I got a custom-built one off ebay that was meant for gaming. <shrug>

Laura

--Thomas Moore

#242329 07/16/05 12:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, my PC is three months old and also has an excellent graphics card, and I have to say that I find the figures at the bottom right of the 'moon' wallpaper difficult to see. However, as you say, Laura, different shades of lightness and dark appeal to different people. I really like the cream and shaded wallpaper - if I was into wallpapers, which I'm not, I'd be very tempted to use it. Very nice indeed! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#242330 08/19/06 09:30 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by LauraBF:
Tineke says that PaintShopPro is the best

BrightFeather
well it is smile i use both actually

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard