#241579 06/11/05 09:12 AM
A
Aria Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thank you for the additional feedback guys smile

I did go back and look at the end of Vixen, and you're absolutely right! There is a discussion about protection. If I happen to go on a revision spree I will definitely consider adding this in. Thank you for pointing it out to me smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#241580 06/13/05 06:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, hey, a trailer for a fanfic I've actually read! laugh

And...

...I'm speechless.

Well, almost.

This has to be one of the most perfect matches of fanfic and trailer that I've yet seen. Absolutely awesome, Diane!

So many inspired touches, too many to mention really, but the way you've denoted them being spied on, the original use of the clips you've chosen to tell the story, the music which just perfectly sets the atmosphere...well, all I can do is thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#241581 06/25/05 07:10 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
WOWIE!!!!! I nearly forgot to breathe while watching this, Diane!!! Egads!!! Again with the music and the title cards!!! Just wonderful!! I have to ditto Kathy here because she said exactly what I couldn't find the words to say:

Holy crap. <g> That is one fabulous trailer, Aria! I always love the ones that feel like real trailers the best and this one definitely qualifies! Very, very well done. I'm so impressed! The clips are great, but the music is absolutely perfect, how it builds as the trailer goes on. Wow!
One thing... I know that song has been used for movie trailers... any that you know off hand? Because it's bugging me now. <g>

Oh, one more thing... I think you mentioned in the post for another trailer that you were using movie scores that WMM (or WMP?) provided?? If I remembered that right, *where* are these?!

Great job, Diane!!! Keep it up!! Please!! grovel

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#241582 06/25/05 11:37 PM
A
Aria Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Wow, thanks for all the additional feedback smile

Sara, the song I used for this particular trailer was also used in the Unfaithful (2002) trailer, Vanity Fair (2004) trailer, and a few other things. Also, I think it's the theme song for some show on NBC?

I use music from my own collectionm, which admitedly is kinda large smile As far as I know, WMM doesn't include anything in the package. I think you might have misinterpreted what I said here:

I wanted to experiment a little with the use of the sound tracks movie maker provides.
I meant using the project tracks you can stick sound in. Not soundtracks smile If that makes any sense. I'm kinda sleep-deprived at the moment smile

One resource I do like to hit up a lot is here though: http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/ It's fairly comprehensive. And very helpful for identifying just what exactly that song you heard for that trailer at some point was.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#241583 05/19/06 03:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Diane - Wow!

Ok, I realize this thread ended last summer, but unfortnately I just recently found this fandom - I wasn't around back then.

So I'm gonna post my comments anyway.

This trailer was AWESOME! smile1

You've made me want to go and catch up on some reading now!

Thanks for this and thanks for all your help Diane! thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#241584 05/20/06 01:26 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yeah, me, too. I've just been reading the fics, really, because I'm here for the fics. But I'm glad this caught my attention, because it was extremely well done. It sure felt like a trailer for a real episode, and it was steamy, romantic and scary all at once.

Ann

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard