Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239893 07/10/04 08:37 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, this is quite scary. I'm used to posting fanfic, but video editing is very new for me.

Anyway, I've been meaning to make a video for some time, so here's My Immortal .

I want to thank a number of people here: Elena, for providing me with all the clips I needed and getting me to download Windows Movie Maker 2; Annette, for her unflagging support; Pelican, for explaining to me how to use the programme; and Lynn, for giving me some very good advice.

And this is dedicated to... well, I think you'll figure that out when you watch it. spider

Kaethel wink

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#239894 07/10/04 12:02 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Kaethel! I can't believe this is your first attempt. Don't want to give anything away by enthusing about specifics, but needless to say, you included my favourite scene of all time and you timed a certain event beautifully, so I'm very impressed and happy.

Lucky you-know-who laugh

Yvonne smile

#239895 07/10/04 03:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oy. Wow. Yikes. Yowsa. Did I mention 'wow'?

*What* a first attempt. thumbsup I can't say that much right now, because I'm off to watch it again, but this was just spectacular. And I have to say that the scene where Clyde fires the gun *just* as the drums come in in the song, was just inspired. Brilliant!! hyper I actually jumped at first, 'cause I thought *that* was the gun that went off. <g>

Pelican dance

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#239896 07/10/04 05:54 PM
Columnist
Columnist
WOW!! I loved it. I agree I loved the part with the gun and when the drums started. Very Nice! Great Job!!

Rach smile

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#239897 07/11/04 12:47 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
whinging whinging whinging

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#239898 07/11/04 05:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW.

Did I say I was gonna try to make videos? After seeing this, maybe I should just not embarrass myself smile

This is brilliant, Kae. Angsty, of course wink but beautifully done. The bit with the gun & drums was just inspired.

Wow.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#239899 07/11/04 06:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You already know I adore this, Kae. And I'm just so completely overwhelmed that your first music video is for me! Wow!! blush

And I echo everything everyone else said - just wonderful matching of images to lyrics and music. The holding hands, the soothing tears, the memories of happier times, the grief - and especially the drum-beat timed to perfection with the gunshots. Just perfect! clap One of my all-time favourite songs, together with one of my all-time favourite episodes. You couldn't have chosen anything I'd love more.

And I cannot believe that this is your first music video! Amazing talent. So very, very, very well done. sloppy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#239900 07/11/04 04:28 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OH MY GOSH!!!!

Could this music video BE any better!?!?!

Kaethel, you are soo Talented! I cannot believe this is your first music video! It looks like you've been making these your whole life! Everything fit perfectly! And to be completely one hundered percent honest here...I cried. Its totally true! Your video is the only one that I've cried at before lol! So I expect *wink wink* more music videos from you in the future! Also I want to thank you! Your video broke my writers block!!!

Later Days!
Andie

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
#239901 07/12/04 02:36 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm very much overwhelmed with your compliments on my first video. I had a lot of fun creating it, even though it meant I had to find a million lame excuses when that dear partner of mine (hey, Wendy! wink ) demanded a new section of our current WIP. laugh

Thank you all so much for commenting on the gunshots timing. I was trying to tell a story when I made that video, and I really wanted Clyde to shoot right when the drumbeat started. So thank you for telling me I succeeded there. smile

Well, I guess that means I've got a new excuse to procrastinate as far as fanfic writing is concerned, huh? goofy

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

#239902 07/12/04 09:08 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
What a great video, Kae!! clap clap I'll be anxiously waiting for more!!

Wendy, good luck wink

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#239903 07/13/04 08:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Kae -

I'm just now back from vacation and catching up with so much. Imagine how excited I was to see that you'd ironed out all of the little quirks Movie Maker likes to throw out at you and finished this.

How exquisite!! I love both the song and episode, and you've married the two together wonderfully. Very angsty - I do think I swiped away at least a tear or two.

So, now I know we can expect more of these from you, right? Knowing how much you love music, I have no doubt you'll be addicted to making these videos in no time.

Great job!! thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#239904 07/14/04 07:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been watching this video over and over this week, so I guess it's time to leave some feedback as well. smile

You did a fantastic first job, Kaethel! I'm very impressed. Everything flowed so well, the scenes fitted the lyrics perfectly and TOGOM and My Immortal just seem to have been for each other! It's just excellent. thumbsup

Hopefully, this was the first of many to come. But no, it's by no means a way to procrastinate on fic! We need our Kaefix in fic too! wink

Saskia (off to watch the video *again*)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#239905 07/14/04 02:10 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, it took me hours to download thumbsup shock it wasn't there! I want NWH2!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

Btw...and a little off topic...I found a handwritten page of FDK for NWH. Did I ever relay that to you? Or you want me to just send it again? You know, as incentive to finish the sequel. laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#239906 07/15/04 04:08 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, more comments!! blush Thanks so much, you all! I'm really overwhelmed with the reaction to this video. smile

Lynn, you're absolutely right. There's already one song that screams at me to make a video of it (thank Wendy for whispering it into my ear the other night wink ). Saskia, all right, I won't procrastinate too much. laugh Sara, by all means, do send that fdk email! Those always make me thrilled and are huge encouragement for me. wave

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

#239907 07/15/04 05:20 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey kae,

Do you take any suggestions? How about "have i told you lately" from Rod Stweart.With your talent it is gonna be something AMAZING!!!!

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#239908 07/24/04 04:46 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I've been out of town for the last few weeks on vacation, and now I get to catch up on the vids I missed while I was gone. (I feel like a kid in a candy store. <g>)

Kae, this was wonderful ... I so totally enjoyed it! I loved the pacing and the scene placement. As others have mentioned, the gunfire/drum combo was really well done, and the ending, with all the kisses, left me with a big old WAFFy smile on my face. smile

TOGOM is one of my favorite episodes, and I just love the idea of doing a video to it -- and this song was perfect! So haunting, yet so romantic. In fact, I didn't even realize until I watched the video that I knew the song and loved it; I just didn't know the title.

So thank you for entering the world of video making and I can't wait to see more from you!

Kathy smile

(Oh, yes, and I forgot to add -- I crack up everytime I see your new avatar. LOL! A perfect choice. <g>)

#239909 07/24/04 11:51 PM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey again smile

Sorry about taking so long to reply to your request, MDL. I'd never heard that Rod Stewart song (that I can remember), but even though I'm not a Rod Stewart fan, it does sound nice and appropriate for Lois and Clark. As for me making a video of it, well, the main problem at the moment is time. frown First I need to find a way to get all the eps onto my computer in the proper format (I only have a few so far), and second I'm about to go away (and offline) for at least two weeks.

So if any of our very talented and experienced video-makers wants to jump in and do that Rod Stewart video for MDL, go for it!!

Kathy, welcome back online and thank you!! Yes, My Immortal is a truly haunting song, isn't it?

Kaethel smile (who rarely goes one day without listening to said-song wink )

ps: about the avatar, I saw Shrek 2 yesterday and I just couldn't resist. That totally innocent face cracks me up! laugh

- Is that what we are?

#239910 07/28/04 04:44 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey Kae... wave

Itยดs ok... I just thought the song would work on that, but it was just a suggestion anyway... Thanks for replying and be sure i am looking forward to any other video you make.

Oh and this cat face is absolutely cute...

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard