Print Thread
#239859 06/25/04 06:15 PM
A
Andrea Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
I've been quiet on these boards, basically b/c I've been pretty busy on many things, a massive fanfic, and massive L&C archival website, work which we all love and as always being ill, but when I'm ill I for some reason want to make videos, so this month I have made eight new ones and have placed them on my webpage for those interested in viewing them. I was basically going for Lois videos mainly so half of those are not really that waffy, more woman empowerment, and some I wanted to practice transitions so I redid a couple old videos as well. Sometimes I want to have fun with videos, not just be all WAFFY, even though those are fun as well.

I'm working on replacing the old videos with better versions, and acquired the only eps I didn't have original non TNT Logo copies of (thanks you know who who smile in addition to finding my original copies of ATAI and DTOSC so you may find some still have the logos in the corner because I didn't feel like hassling with the logo I put on all my other videos any more. It was not very easy to do and if anyone feels the need to take my video and put another song on top of it (which I know was done with the older ones because I was informed) then that's someone I just don't want to know anyway.

I'm also working on putting them on DVD, just the videos for myself for storage mainly, and that takes up a lot of time as well, but is fun to do. Will be even better when the show itself is on DVD and I can make crystal clear videos.

Andrea
http://www.creations.dreamhost.com

and the now opened:

http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com

#239860 06/26/04 04:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol

I just had to jump in here and say that I watched the Meredith Brook's song, B*tch. It was soo Lois! That'll really make sense if you've heard the song. Otherwise, the title can be misleading. It was great!

Edit: Yeah, I liked Miss I., too. I think I like the song better now that I've seen the video...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#239861 06/27/04 12:13 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
All I can say is...those were AWESOME!!!!!!!!! My favorite was B*tch...well actually all of them are now my favorites! I never really liked that song Miss Independence but now I just love it cause that is just a spectacular music video! Your an amazing video maker!!!! I needed something to make me feel better so thank you!!!! Now I have to go and see your new website!!!

Later Days!
Andie

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
#239862 06/27/04 12:29 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That's funny because I didn't really care for the song Miss Independent either, until I watched Andrea's video, and now I love it! smile Darn her, first she turns me into a Clay Aiken fan and now a Kelly Clarkson fan. Hehe. It's great though.

What I love about your videos, Andrea, especially Miss I, is how you put hidden meaning into the video via the scenes you select... well not really hidden for, I suppose, a really hardcore fan, but I notice new things with each viewing. If you think about what is being said in the scenes (on the show), the words (though you can't hear them) do tie into the song's theme and lyrics as well.

Molly
#239863 06/27/04 03:03 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice!

Lots of hard work and it shows..BRAVO!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#239864 06/28/04 12:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
heh, just watched the video for "B*tch" and it's wonderful <g> I'd heard the song before (it was playing on VH1 a lot while I was up all night with a screamy baby) and it is *perfect* for Lois. And the scenes you picked were perfect, too.

Now to go see some of the others... next, I have *got* to see "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#239865 06/28/04 08:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really, really great! And I have to chime in on the B*tch video being my favorite.

Reminded me of all the reasons I so love the character of Lois Lane, and you captured her perfectly.

Wonderful.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#239866 06/28/04 09:52 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROTFL, this is too funny - not to mention ironic. <g> I heard B*tch a couple of weeks back on a Stargate music vid I'd dl and loved it and almost asked Lynn to consider it, but decided it would be too controversial for LNC. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#239867 06/28/04 11:49 AM
A
Andrea Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
Well, I made the B*tch video about a month ago, I had just done "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" and was like "I wanna do a video where Lois is kicking butt" and Rocks my sox there says "How about B*tch?" Of course I HAVE the CD, it's the song you need to scream every once in a while. So I listened and it just came to me. I listened to it every day at work, for the entire 8 hours and jotted down scenes as they came to me. Of course the ASU push was requested by the song mentioner so that was very vital to the video as well. I showed it to her and another friend but was originally not going to put it up at all, but when L&C first started I was always calling Lois a b*tch. Sure I was 18 then, what did I know, but she was just so hard, but when I became obsessed with the show I grew to understand that she was everything that makes a woman a woman. We all have every one of those sides, so the song was just too perfect NOT to do a video to. I figured what the heck I'll put it up anyway. If anyone is offended by the title alone, then they don't really understand the song or the meaning behind it at all.

And thanks for all the kind words everyone, that one was my fave to make, in addition to Everybody Wants To Rule The World where I got to have fun with all the wacky special effects.
Andrea:)

#239868 06/29/04 12:25 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, this is good. So so good.

And finally I got to see some really good and many, many Lex footages. Great. And B*tch was hysterical - broke out in laughter when the chorus came on. Darn good job!

Oh, and I'm also wondering what kind of editing program you're using? Adobe Premiere (6.0/6.5/what?)? There were some pretty interesting transitions there.

I'm repeating myself, I know, but this was really really good. <sigh> I need a waffle.

Pelican

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
#239869 06/29/04 03:41 PM
A
Andrea Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
I use Pinnacle Studio 8, with over 100 bucks worth of their "professional" (Just funny they call them that) transitions so I might as well use them:) The program itself was about 80 bucks, so alltogether close to 200 and all I do is make L&C vids:) Well for now, I'll think of something else eventually:)

Funny thing is they keep wanting me to pay another eighty bucks for Studio 9. 8 works just fine boys:)

#239870 07/18/04 08:34 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
oooo.. then this the place where people were commenting on ur videos...
now i find it? oh well... i have nothing else to say but...

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard