Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
As we have started on designing the t-shirt and I posted a couple of ideas, with wide ranging comments, I thought it best to start a poll.

At the moment I have 3 basic ideas. Each one could be broken down into further ideas, different colour/font/picture options, etc. That can come later.

NB: These are all currently VERY rough ideas and not the final quality. T-shirt colour is currently blue but the final design will be shown in several colours.

1. Handwriting with appropriate picture

-Handwriting font can be decided upon later
-Picture can be decided upon later
-Positioning can be changed and experimented with

[Linked Image]

2. Handwriting in a diamond shield

-Handwriting font can be decided upon later
-Positioning can be changed and experimented with

[Linked Image]

3. Multiple fonts/genres/logos

-Below uses all Superman related fonts - Comic, Smallville, Man of Steel, LnC
-Order could be switched
-Multi fandom version here

[Linked Image]

4. Other.

Suggest further ideas.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Thanks so much for this! Eek! I can't decide between 1 and 2 - I love them both... I just have to decide which one I'd be more likely to wear. I'm going to have to ponder this one. dance

(Quick note... I did get an error uploading a sample image to one of the sites saying to limit the number of colors. They didn't say specifically how many colors or whatnot, so I'm not sure what the limit is. I'm sure we can tweak things once we get a final design, though.)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, KatherineKent...it was a hard choice--I loved all of them clap

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by KSaraSara:
(Quick note... I did get an error uploading a sample image to one of the sites saying to limit the number of colors. They didn't say specifically how many colors or whatnot, so I'm not sure what the limit is. I'm sure we can tweak things once we get a final design, though.)
Did you load up the picture as shown, or cut down to the printable area? Of course, even then, the t-shirt colour will not be in the final file. I'll also reduce the 'shades' of colour that come in when blending things in the final one.

[From Sara: Oh goodness... I sure pressed the wrong button and edited your post instead of replying. New-fangled admin powers. Oops! blush ]

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
At the moment 1 and 3 are most popular. Poll is still open, please vote.

Once the final 'general' design is decided upon I need a few more options for the next stage.

If No 1 comes out on top I need ideas for the picture and what style of drawing you want.

If No 3 comes out on top I need to know what 'fandoms' you would like to try and include.

Please post your ideas so that the next stage can start with a complete Poll.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, I love #1! It actually works for any fandom, so it would even make a great gift for a non-FoLC. smile

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's just something desperately cute about no. 3. I'd buy it! <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
The pic I tried was the original simple graphic I posted in the other thread, not one of yours. Part of it was probably that it was a screengrab with a white background going on a colored shirt. wink But sounds like you've got way more know-how than I do. Graphics aren't my thing; I only dabble. laugh

Thanks!
Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like option #3 too, but I think the comic font would look better in the center, emphasizing FanFic more than "It's a" (or even all of the first line in the comic font). The Man of Steel lettering isn't as distinctive as I thought, although you've done a great job trying to make it pop more than it does, KK.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay. 1 and 3 seem very popular so I did some investigating on teespring about pricing ...

1. Handwriting and picture all in one colour

minimum 50 = $7.80
minimum 100 = $7.35

1. Handwriting and picture all in three colours

minimum 50 = $10.15
minimum 100 = $8.95

3. Multi fandom in many colours

minimum 50 = $12.35
minimum 100 = $10.25

I'm guessing we want to make at least $5.00 on each so we'd just price accordingly.

Now comes the question ...

I know I'd happily buy BOTH versions, so can we do that? Would having 2 fundraisers going be possible? Would we get 50 of each sold? In fact the number can even go DOWN. Option 1. in just black comes out at $8.00 per t-shirt for only 20.

Shall we do both versions? I'm happy to design. In fact I want to and will buy both.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like the first one pretty much exactly as it is. As multifandom ficcer, I like that it works for everything and anything.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
KatherineKent posted:
Now comes the question ...

I know I'd happily buy BOTH versions, so can we do that? Would having 2 fundraisers going be possible? Would we get 50 of each sold? In fact the number can even go DOWN. Option 1. in just black comes out at $8.00 per t-shirt for only 20.

Shall we do both versions? I'm happy to design. In fact I want to and will buy both.
I probably like #1 the best--exactly how it is, it's perfect--but that's not to say that I don't like #3. I would buy either (or both thumbsup )

You definitely have an eye for design, and have done a great job.

Maybe another poll is needed with both of the top contenders--to see how much of an interest there is in buying either of the t-shirts? It sounds like we need to know how many people are ordering to get some totals (for number of t-shirts)...and maybe that would give us a clearer picture of where to go next (one or two different style options)?

Thanks for all your work on this KatherineKent clap

Laura

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If two t-shirts were to be offered, I'd rather have them say different things, as this slogan wasn't in my top 3.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah...I think you are onto something, Virginia dance dance dance

Maybe we choose the second choice and make another t-shirt out of that slogan?

Personally, I really like the typewriter for the slogan we currently have, but for the 'triangle with two sides' slogan? Hmmm...

Laura

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, last I checked it was almost a tie between 1 and 3 which is why I asked whether anyone thought 2 t-shirts was viable.

Now, ... 1 is way out in front.

For the moment I think I will go with that one. I know a lot of you have said you like it exactly as it, but I'm going to do some versions with different fonts and different pictures and then another poll.

This poll is open till 30th, though. Until then I'll work on versions of No 1. If No 3 happens to catch up then I can work on versions of that while people are thinking about and voting on No 1.

FINAL THOUGHT. How much are people willing to pay for a t-shirt? Inc delivery? It is possible to take the minimum order down to only 10 t-shirts but the base cost is $22.20 + delivery. This is for the many coloured design No 3, though.

Maybe another poll would help to determine this. It helps to know what the minimum number of t-shirts we need to pre-sell will be too.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I would prefer to spend $10-15 on a T-shirt (just paid off my entire mortgage, so I'm being a little more careful with my cash than usual).

Also, just a thought, can the fundraising 2014 and website info by put on the back at all? (Like the Jinx website, the logo is always on the back and up by the neck.) I think it might detract less from the design if we could put it elsewhere, than directly beneath the design logo.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
I would prefer to spend $10-15 on a T-shirt (just paid off my entire mortgage, so I'm being a little more careful with my cash than usual).

Also, just a thought, can the fundraising 2014 and website info by put on the back at all? (Like the Jinx website, the logo is always on the back and up by the neck.) I think it might detract less from the design if we could put it elsewhere, than directly beneath the design logo.
Just done a quick check on this idea. Design No 1 on front with website on back changes the base price (at 50 t-shirts) from $7.80 to $9.35. I'm thinking that to save money I would try and incorporate it on the front, but in some subtle manner so that it doesn't detract.

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can see spending maybe $15 on a shirt (and then any delivery charge added on top of that).

I'm sure whatever tweaking you do with #1's idea will look great. Anxious to see what you come up with clap

Laura

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] I would prefer to spend $10-15 on a T-shirt (just paid off my entire mortgage, so I'm being a little more careful with my cash than usual).

Just done a quick check on this idea. Design No 1 on front with website on back changes the base price (at 50 t-shirts) from $7.80 to $9.35. I'm thinking that to save money I would try and incorporate it on the front, but in some subtle manner so that it doesn't detract. [/b]
peep Could you put it on the paper in the typewriter?

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia posted:
Could you put it on the paper in the typewriter?
thumbsup

Now that is a great idea (to incorporate into the front t-shirt design)!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard