L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
The poll ends October 22nd at 11:59 pm. cool

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I chose two stories I hadn't yet read before as that is the goal here, to have more stories read and discussed from the Archives. I hope people who have read all the stories will vote and let us know which one they recommend for those of us who haven't read them yet. <<hint, hint>>

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I voted for two stories that I haven't read--and ended up only seeing one story, "The Elevator," which I have read before from the choices smile ...

I've been exclusively, in my free time, reading only from the L&C Archive/message boards for over a year now...amazing how vast the collection really is--and I am SO glad for that hyper

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
I voted for two stories that I haven't read--and ended up only seeing one story, "The Elevator," which I have read before from the choices smile ...

I've been exclusively, in my free time, reading only from the L&C Archive/message boards for over a year now...amazing how vast the collection really is--and I am SO glad for that hyper
Yes, I agree. Since getting my Nook a couple of years ago, I've only downloaded two non-LnC books, one was a gift (I've really should finish that) and the other was a text book for a class [Linked Image] (I didn't finish that one either). I don't understand how students nowadays can do their homework with good stories like those on the Archives just a click away. laugh

LLF, do you think maybe the blurb description from the Archives along with the listing might help people choose stories for December's poll? (I can help prep that if you want.) Because I had no idea what the stories I voted for were about, so I just chose at random two know I haven't read.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> I don't understand how students nowadays can do their homework with good stories like those on the Archives just a click away. dance )

I agree there should be descriptions maybe of the eligible stories. I voted for what intrigued me (don't quite remember which, I think it was "The Strongest Magic" by MLT and "the Elevator" because that's one of my faves and I couldn't help it :p ).

Question: as for the next month's (December) choices, is there going to be a theme? Thinking of reading some more for ideas. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
LLF, do you think maybe the blurb description from the Archives along with the listing might help people choose stories for December's poll? (I can help prep that if you want.) Because I had no idea what the stories I voted for were about, so I just chose at random two know I haven't read.
This would be a great idea! I had a free couple of minutes btw nap time/dinner (and a mocha that was calling my name, thumbsup ,) so I sat down for a few minutes with the Archive open and searched each story out--since the only one I had read was 'The Elevator' (love that story!). Anywho---it was fine doing it that way, but took a bit of effort (which made my 'coffee break' a bit longer--yea thumbsup )....Funny, we got the ipad so I'd get off the iphone, but the preference is definitely to read the old way so far--go figure?

It is amazing how easy it is to just slip onto the internet and read from the Archive or post though...(typing this as dinner is, hopefully, still okay on the stove burner confused --I rest my case--gotta go, bye!)

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LMA:
[qb] LLF, do you think maybe the blurb description from the Archives along with the listing might help people choose stories for December's poll? (I can help prep that if you want.) Because I had no idea what the stories I voted for were about, so I just chose at random two know I haven't read.
That's a good idea. We can definitely include a description next time around.

Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[qb] Question: as for the next month's (December) choices, is there going to be a theme? Thinking of reading some more for ideas. laugh
If there is a theme, I was thinking a Christmas/holiday theme would be nice for December.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I started reading fanfic at my job years ago. Bad idea. Sometimes reports were just a tad late blush . Anywho, using the ipad makes sneaking a short story in during breaktime so much easier these days!

Oh yeah, for the December read, adding a story description would be great! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I noticed that one of my stories was on the short fic list - what a nice surprise that anyone would remember. smile

carol

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard