Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
This is the toughest poll yet, because the great shows are pretty evenly distributed among the four seasons. Now it's up to you of course which season it is you like, and if you got the time, please state the reason.

So what's yours? laugh

Just got married (21st June 2010).
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just couldn't choose one season.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
To me, S1 and S2 are neck and neck, with S3 and S4 so far behind they aren't even visible. That's not to say that the latter two seasons don't have some terrific shows (as I mentioned in another thread, if I had to choose a single favourite episode, it would be S3's Ordinary People), as well as having some terrific moments in otherwise poor shows, but as a whole, the latter two seasons were too unbelievable (even for LnC), too soap-ish, and too into the occult for my tastes. S1 and S2 were much lighter, more full of optimism, and generally more interesting.

Just MHO.

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lynn: true, that. My Blue box and my Red box are by far more worn than the Silver and Gold Ones. laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
There are parts of each season that stand out:
In S1 the sequence of GGGoH, MoSB, PML, Witness, HiM and ASU are great. (Especially if you watch Witness where is was supposed to be.)
For S2, there are some individual good episodes such as ToGoM, SG, Phoenix, LL and TF but I don't care for the whole as much.
S3's strength lies in Lois and Clark coming to grips with who they are as a couple. I especially like WHaLtTA, OP, JSN, UW, HiWtHI and TA.
For S4 there are really only two sequences I like. The LoTF - BE end of the NK series and the PvLL - DLW set.

Overall, I picked S3 on the strength of all those personal relationship moments. In my opinion the strength of the first half of S3 overshadows the aargh sequence.

Bob

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Bob - My all-time fave is Ordinary People, but I picked S2 because Lois and Clark were still at odds with each other. The wit and humor in the script was exceptional when they argued. I just really loved it. laugh

Great choice though, lots of great episodes there too. smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard