Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#238647 07/21/10 02:16 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by stephnachia:
I liked both but JW wins for me. ML was just a little too creepy/perverted for me.
I, too, prefer JW's Jimmy; but when it comes to creepy, I think JW had the creepiest episode - Bob & Carol & Lois & Clark. What he saw in Aurora, I'll never know. And anyone whose idea of a fun date is "doing a sewer" is someone who would give me the creeps. <shudder>

Joy,
Lynn

#238648 09/01/10 07:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I never could get used to JW as Jimmy after the switch, so I'm one of the few who preferred ML. I thought ML had better chemistry with the rest of the cast than JW did. And I missed Jack after he was dropped.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#238649 09/01/10 08:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by DSDragon:
And I missed Jack after he was dropped.
I have to agree. Can we pick Jack as the best Jimmy? smile

Bob

#238650 09/03/10 12:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Can we pick Jack as the best Jimmy?
Hyperventilating here cat

Jack was a sanctimonious, self-important smart-ass twerp!

Not that I have strong opinions on this. laugh

c.

#238651 09/03/10 04:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by ccmalo:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can we pick Jack as the best Jimmy?
Bob, as much as I usually agree with you, here I have to ask, respectfully, if you have not perhaps , well, how to put it delicately, been smoking too much bad stuff??? huh

If we expand the scope, does anyone have an all-time best Jimmy? I think I'd have to vote for Jack Larson from the George Reeves TV show. (And of course his appearance in LnC as the aged Jimmy.) He set the standard for Jimmy Olsen and, in my opinion, is still #1.

Bob

#238652 09/03/10 10:42 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, that sort of explains it, Bob. smile

I agree that the comics shaped what I think Jimmy should be like. If he doesn't have red hair, then I have a hard time buying him as 'jimmy'. As to which was the best Jimmy - not sure, but am thinking the first Christopher Reeves Superman movie, maybe.

c.

#238653 09/04/10 03:42 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If we expand the scope, does anyone have an all-time best Jimmy?
How about an all-time worst Jimmy? IMHO, that would have to be Tommy Bond in the old Kirk Alyn serials. He was 22 when the serials were first shot, but he looked a lot older to me. He appeared way too old to fit my image of Jimmy. His Jimmy didn't seem to have much of a personality, either.

(I decided recently to expand my experience of the Superman lore from L&C. I have been listening to the old radio show and watching the old serials. It is fascinating to see how the characters of CK/Superman and Lois Lane have changed over the years. L&C's take on them is far and away my favourite.)

Anyone else have a vote for a worst Jimmy?

#238654 10/22/10 11:21 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If we expand the scope, does anyone have an all-time best Jimmy?
Haha! I'd have to vote for Jimmy being played by Superman (Dean's Superman) in one of my stories... 'Cause he just turned out to be such a good actor. I mean it's not like CK/Supes acts every day or anything like that, you know. rotflol

If I really had to say, I'd vote for Justin Whalen!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#238655 05/31/11 09:50 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Justin Whalin for sure!

I liked the writing for Jimmy in Season 1 - there's a wonderful character evolution that goes on. But I just couldn't get past the stiff acting. Justin Whalin seemed so natural and upbeat in the role. And heck - Justin is a whole heck of a lot cuter too! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#238656 06/23/11 01:00 PM
Kerth
Kerth
All right, I'm new to this site, so bear with me, but this polll was perfect way to get me into this all... I enjoyed ML's performance and I liked him (was incredibly frustrated by S2 switch-up), but JW turned out to be a better Jimmy for me. Looked the part more, and what can I say: he just seemed more like Jimmy. Even when I'm not writing for LnC but rather just the general Superman universe, I always picture JW's Jimmy Olsen in my mind. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#238657 06/23/11 10:07 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As the new post brought this one back up, I sort of blinked when I spotted this:

Since Labrat's already vetoed frivolous polls in the name of fun
Huh? What? Who?....I did? laugh I know it's a fair time back, but can't recall that at all!

LabRat smile (who likes fun...honest goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard