Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
So I've been working on the FoLCdom Wiki and trying to "encourage" others to do same. There's a page set up for "author profiles", but someone just reminded me that not all FoLCs are authors. So, what should be done about the profile pages?

~•~
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Mary,
I just voted, but since I voted for cheese, I thought that I'd also give you my 2 cents about the wiki. I think that including all FoLCs is better than just having pages for authors. There are so many talents other than writing fanfic (like making a video or a fanfic poster) that should be recognized.

I don't think it matters whether it's separated into sections, but then I'm not a wiki aficionado.

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks everyone who voted! ^^

I went ahead and setup a section for FoLC Profiles , which you make for yourself, and Author Pages , which anyone can make about any writer (mainly fanfic data, as opposed to personal info).

Sound good? If not, well, the beauty of wikis is how easy they are to edit. smile

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'd like to give my two cents on the Wiki. I really have an issue with the "description" of FoLCs. It makes us sound like a group of weirdos, and it really doesn't reflect the fandom whatsoever.

FoLCs are strange creatures who live on the internet and write fanfic or make music videos for other Fans Of Lois and Clark. They are a generally benign lot, and have been known to indulge in bizarre ideas like "transdimentional bakeries" and "endings where everybody dies".

I especially take issue with the "strange creatures" comment. I don't think it is really fair for one person to come up with what honestly comes off as a one-sided, flip description of a very diverse fandom with a storied history.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Fair enough, Jax. I see your point, and much of what I wrote is hardly more than a placeholder. The problem is easily fixed: just go to the offending page, click "edit", and type something more suitable. But thank you for bringing it up instead of just quietly hating me forever. *g*

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, if I want to add a page, how do I do that? I see there's a list of author names. Should stories be linked from there or should there be a sub-page? How do I do a link to a sub-pagee? Sorry, but I haven't ever done Wiki before and it's not as obvious as I might like. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
So, if I want to add a page, how do I do that? I see there's a list of author names. Should stories be linked from there or should there be a sub-page? How do I do a link to a sub-pagee? Sorry, but I haven't ever done Wiki before and it's not as obvious as I might like. smile

PJ
Oh dear; I'm so sorry, I didn't think. Well, there is a help page, but I never found it to be completely useful, so let's see what I can tell you:

For the Author/FoLC pages, I type the name I want and make it a link. Then I go back, click on the link, and write the page. It seems like there should be an easier way to do it, but alas, my wiki-fu is only middling in quality. razz

As for sub pages...um...I'm not quite sure what those are or how to make them. Sorry. huh Maybe someone else knows.

Fic, however, goes on the person's Author page, which may be linked to from there FoLC page. At least, that's the format so far.

I hope this information is useful.

~•~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard