Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I was going to wait until this evening to post this, but seeing as how Paul begged so nicely...

Chris

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chris,
This was a great part!
Thank you for resolving the probable angst of Clark's origins so sweetly. I love the way you write this Lois and I can understand that Clark's revelation would be a thumbsup
I really liked the fact that their dialogue about giving-up/not-giving-up showed Clark as the more determined (and loved his correction of "stubborn') and then the switch to:
She twisted around, finding his mouth with hers, but there was something absentminded about the act. She turned her attention back towards the screen. CJ, wishing that he could stay that focused, forced his gaze to follow hers.
to show that they are similar in that respect as well.

Can't wait for the next part!
Avia (who is going to corner Paul and find out how to beg nicely enough to get the next part posted tonight. Pretty please? hyper )

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

WOW! This is excellent. goofy I can sense CJ's relief and joy at her acceptance of him. smile

And finally some progress with the investigation, yay. clap

I'm completely hooked and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Chris! What a terrific section!!

CJ's nervousness was very in character, I think, and I was very sad that Lois just let him go without a word smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw that was so great. My heart soared when Lois brought over breakfast and didn't give him two seconds to think she hated him. I was so proud that she didn't obsess over things too much.

MORE SOON! laugh

Jen
The fanfic junkie

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Fantastic installment!

I can't wait for more.

Irene
the hectic, harried, swamped one....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice part thumbsup

Love that kiss! blush

More soon please! Hopefully this is the break they've been looking for!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh wow. Chris, that kiss was...wow. Absolutely breathtaking. smile1

KathyM (just wanted to mention again that I loved the kiss... [Linked Image] )

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice, Chris! I really enjoyed Lois' thoughts re parallels, and that CJ shouldn't try and force himself into a mold that might not exist. I have to admit, though, that the idea of a Clark who has some origin other than Krypton really takes me aback. smile

Nice to see things moving along - both the relationship and the investigation. I can just picture Lois suddenly getting enthusiastic about the interview she's been pushing off for so long. laugh

Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

He repeated his words, more slowly this time. Solemnly he said, "I'm not human."

Her eyes were wide as she stared at him. Then she said doubtfully, "How can you not be human? You look like a man to me."

"I am a man, Lois. Just not..." CJ squeezed out from beneath her, stood up and began to pace.
:rolleyes: Hey! The man can fly. What do you expect, a bird?

Jules Johnson and a Mrs Cox (no first name given) had once worked for LexCorp, until they'd vanished some four and twenty-four months ago, respectively.
confused Maybe he is dead and she change her name. huh

"Now I remember where I heard of him before! Perry's been on at me for a couple of weeks to write an article about the fish in Hobbs River and the Bay. I've been doing my best to avoid it – it's not my thing. But Saxon... He's the guy Perry told me to interview."
eek Well is time to do that interview before someone decide to kill him.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment.

Nice to see Lois coping and even if she's still a little uncertain about things she's refusing to run away.

Good to see a 'lead' come to for. Time for some definite A plot action to commence. Things have been going too easily (and I don't mean the investigation) for our duo, time for some A plot action to cause problems and give us the Whams this fic now desparately needs.

Tank (who figures CJ had better get a move on... exactly how much time with the powers does he have left, and are they gradually lessening, or will they suddenly just go away)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
another great post, chris. smile i like lois's reaction. takes her a little while to absorb the idea, but then she's okay with it. love that "kiss me properly" bit. laugh

very nice kisses, too. smile

love this part:

CJ nodded and joined in the laughter. "I know!" Suddenly the laughter left him. "But the kisses... They had been the first for me in a way – they've been the first that have really mattered to me."
very nice.

i'm glad to see their determination. looks like it may finally be paying off, though i don't remember a doctor saxon.

oh. one little note. i looked into smart kids relatively recently for an un-twist, and i checked back when i saw the name "amy valdez" (actually, daneel pointed out the name and the smart kids connection last night, before i read this part). the name (in the primary l&c universe, anyway) is spelled aymee valdes.

in any case, i'm looking forward, as always, to seeing where this goes. the new lead has me intrigued.

Paul

EDIT: just noticed chris said she posted because i asked for it. cool! thanks! smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Very nice Chris
ditto others
can't wait for more
merry

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Finally, something that may be a break in the case. And, of course, Lois didn't care that CJ might not be human. That's a big plus for him. (Of course, we knew she wouldn't care, but he didn't)

More, please.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great again Chris!!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very sweet segment, Chris. See that Lois finally considered the possibility that she might be a surrogate for the other Lois <g>. Bit disappointed she dealt with it in just a few paragraphs, but what the hey. goofy

I guess that's because she's not our Lois and if she hasn't had the same history with men as our Lois (yes, I still haven't had time to read EMI. I'm deeply ashamed laugh ) then it wouldn't be as much of a problem for her. So that would explain her lack of real concern there and be perfectly in character for the character you've developed. The angst lover in me can still mourn the loss of a deeply emotional heart to heart on the subject with CJ though, can't it? Just ignore me. laugh

The reaction to the alien relevation was nicely handled - cute. And once again nice to see them working as a team and taking time out for smoochies here and there. Wanton huh? <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Now, before anyone thinks, ah hah! Chris is answering comments, therefore she is about to post, I'm going to tell you that, no, I'm not. Not until tomorrow. I've grown rather fond of my Monday / Thursday schedule.

However, I will (try to) reply to comments now.

Glad that there was overall approval for the way I dealt with the alien thing. smile Oh, and Avia, just because begging worked for Paul once, it doesn't mean that it will work again. smile

Wendy: nothing is going to stop Lois falling in love with CJ... not even me! And the typo has been corrected in my 'master', although not in the posted section.

Hazel: way back when, when I first had the idea for An Extraordinary Man, I wanted to investigate what sort of man would Clark have been if he'd never had any powers. CJ was what I came up with. If I could have managed it, I probably would have had a totally human Clark, but, of course, that would be immensely different to pull off. (I thought that my powerless Clark would still want to help people and fight for justice, but that he would do it through more 'normal' channels -- hence the lawyer thing.)

For various reasons, the story I ended up plotting isn't the story I'd originally wondered about writing, but, hey... This is a very long-winded way of saying that, bizarre as it sounds, I had wondered about writing about a non-Kryptonian Clark at one point.

Maria: you're guesses are close, but you're not quite there yet.

Tank: re CJ's powers... why do I think I know which of the two you'd prefer? After all, which do you think would cause the biggest wham? (Or should I say, splat?) evil

Ah, Paul! You are such a softie! And thanks for the heads up on Aymee Valdes' name. Good grief, and I thought it was obvious how that must be spelt!

LabRat: just so you know, that wasn't the conversation. Hint: part twelve.

Tricia, Jen, Irene, Liz, Kathy, Maria and Tank (and anyone I might have, in my haste, missed out): thanks for your feedback too. smile

Chris

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now, before anyone thinks, ah hah! Chris is answering comments, therefore she is about to post, I'm going to tell you that, no, I'm not. Not until tomorrow. I've grown rather fond of my Monday / Thursday schedule.
/me frowns. I'm not sure this is allowed, you know. I'm sure there's a rule against it somewhere....

...or we could always make one up. evil

Especially as my conversation is coming up! jump

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Rat: you could always pray for insomnia. I wouldn't thank you, mind. wink

Chris (who is enjoying the unfamiliar sense of power she has here, at having put Rat on tenterhooks smile )

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me checks her watch

/me taps her foot

/me thinks, wasn't Chris going to do something on Thursday? Hmmmmmmmmm...wonder what it was?

/me refreshes the board several times....

/me looks under her keyboard in case Chris has posted and it's fallen out...

Nope.

Okay, I give up. Where's part 12?

smile1

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard