Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Although, once asleep, a charging elephant couldn't wake me.
*snort* I slept through a tornado during Ivan. Funny how I can't fall asleep, but once I do, elephants couldn't wake me either.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It varies for me. Most of the time, it's probably in the 15-30 minute category, so that's what I chose.

On occasion it can take hours. Or if I've taken a nap sometime during the evening, I can forget about getting a good night's sleep. I try to avoid the nap, but sometimes I'm just so tired I can't stay awake. In those cases I try to sleep through the night, but often I'm not very successful.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(Although, once asleep, a charging elephant couldn't wake me. [Goofy] )
You know, I used to be like that. Once, when I was a teen, a car wrapped itself around a lamppost on the road right outside my bedroom window and I managed to sleep right through the ensuing fuss, including sirens and my parents getting up and bringing over blankets etc for the driver. (Who fortunately survived pretty much unscathed.)

Several years of dealing with a hound who had a major allergy and couldn't get through a night without trying to rip his paws apart a dozen times cured me of that though! Even though we now seem to have gotten through and he's fine now, I still wake up if he so much as twitches in his sleep. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the bit about the charging elephant... rotflol

I think a charging elephant would probably awaken me when I get to sleeping really good... But I have been known to carry on complete conversations with someone when I'm quite asleep.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Well, it takes me between 30 minutes and an hour to fall asleep, depending on how tired I am. Since I'm usually very tired, I opted for 30 to 45 minutes in the poll.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
BTW, a little searching on the web has informed me that the average adult takes 15 - 20 minutes to fall asleep, even though the majority of this poll suggests otherwise...

And I seem to fall into the most popular category here. So, not weird at all then! :p

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I chose 0 - 15 minutes, but probably it takes me less than 10 minutes. I fall asleep almost instantly. [Linked Image]

It must be because I have to wake up early and I normally get to sleep late. So, I'm always tired when I go to bed.

And, once asleep, elephants couldn't wake me, too. [Linked Image]

Andreia (off to bed) [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Merriwether
Merriwether
I hate going to bed. I was that way when I was six and now at 31...I still have trouble writing that...31 31 31 31 31 ACK how did that happen.

*cough*

Okay, where was I? It used to take me hours to fall asleep. Now I'm now to around 30-45...but lately 1 hr. The A/C is not good up in my room on the second floor and that has made it hard for me to sleep. I love a cold room. That discovery has helped me improve my sleep a lot. In the winter, the window is open a crack. I don't care if it is -30C out there. Blankets make me happy. I love my Hudson's Bay blankie smile I have an ugly pink one and blue one.

[Linked Image]

When I was in grade six I had this warped idea that every day I'd have trouble falling asleep. Well, I just knew if I had a good sleep one night, the next night would be torture. It used to take me four hours or so to get to sleep.

My 'up' time I now know is 8-11. I could be dizzy with sleep during the day, but MAN I get my house cleaner than clean during that period of the day - I'm SO productive.

I can only think of a few times, as an adult, when I've fallen aleep within 5 minutes.

(Ugh! I was looking for pictures and I saw a blanket I want! SIGH. Cranberry! Maybe one day *sigh*)
[Linked Image]

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Incredible. Oh wait, that's not what you were asking. wink

It really varies. Some nights I can crawl into bed and be asleep in five minutes. Other times I toss and turn for an hour or more before I finally fall asleep.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard