Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#238137 05/15/08 05:23 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay quick poll nothing to do with Lois & Clark but I'm SO excited about a couple of movies coming out this month and they couldn’t be completely different and they are Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull the other Sex and the City I have my tickets booked for both and can not wait.

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013
#238138 05/15/08 06:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I soooooo want to see IJ. I love George Lucas (obviously by my avatar) and have always considered the other IJs classics! Whenever my hubby takes me camping, I always tell him I'm not doing any Temple of Doom stuff! In other words, you better make sure it's not a very insecty area and we have real food to eat, no monkey brains or baby snakes. Ha!

I never watched Sex in the City when it was on tv so I'm not really interested in the movie at all.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#238139 05/15/08 11:42 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm not ecstatic, but I'm fairly keen to see the new IJ movie. I had no interest in the TV show of SITC, so the movie does nothing for me.

I saw TOD at the weekend for the first time in years and was amazed how irritating I found it. I loved it when it came out. But this time our heroine just drove me batty and I kept wanting to slap her.

Raiders stood the test of time though when the Beeb showed it last week. Still a classic and enormous fun.

Next week, they show Crusade - I'm interested to see which side it comes down on so many years later.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#238140 05/15/08 06:01 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Next week, they show Crusade
This one's my favorite - we've been doing a little mini-marathon at my house, watching the trilogy before the new one comes out. I absolutely adore the father/son relationship between Sean Connery and Harrison Ford. I still love Raiders too. Never ever liked Temple of Doom - I've probably seen it 3-4 times in my life, which is 3-4 times too many, in my opinion.

Never watched Sex in the City, so have no interest in that. We are looking forward to Prince Caspian this weekend.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#238141 05/15/08 07:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not looking forward to either movie. They both hold little interest for me. I'm much more excited about Prince Caspian next month, The Dark Knight in August and then the new Harry Potter at the end of the year.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#238142 05/16/08 03:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I always liked TOD the best as a kid but I haven't watched it recently. I do remember being pretty annoyed with the heroine... what was her name...Bobby? Billy? I get the feeling it was a boy's name for some reason. I think I enjoyed it as a kid because of all the gore (insects - yes that's gore to me!, taking the heart out, drinking the blood, monkey brains, etc). <me thinks I should rewatch all of them before the new one comes out too>

-George Bernard Shaw
#238143 05/16/08 05:36 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I do remember being pretty annoyed with the heroine... what was her name...Bobby? Billy? I get the feeling it was a boy's name for some reason.
Willie. Which was another reason to dislike her. laugh

It wasn't just her, though, if I'm honest. TOD lacked the depth and character focus of Raiders, I think. It was just over the top and some of the acting was too hammy for words and made me cringe. I really can't imagine now why I enjoyed it when it came out. I hate when that happens. :p

And, yes, biggest movie excitement for me this year is definitely Prince Caspian - can't wait!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#238144 05/16/08 06:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm really looking forward to SITC as I love the TV show, but what takes priority is that Narnia is coming out! I hope we firm up some plans to see it tonight.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#238145 05/16/08 08:28 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
As I'm checking the replies I am at this very moment watching Last Crusade I love this film. My younger brother and i have also watched The temple of Doom as he was home ill from school. He is actually the reason i'm so excited about this film as i think i was the same age as he is now (10) when Crusade came out i have our tickets booked and great seat last row dead centre. I also watched the last season of Sex and the City yesterday (I,m on holiday for a week). I don't expect manny people to be excited about both films. I did this poll because I was surprised by my own excitement over two complety different films. But then my own DVD collection has a wide range from Disney fims like Dumbo to horrors like Halloween and the omen.

Annoying questionS for you Indiana fans.

In Temple of Doom when Indy and Willie are in the car that Shorty is driving they pass a bar what was it called?

Which film is chronologically the first.

I'll post the answers on Monday if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance

#238146 05/16/08 10:33 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Possible spoiler answers...

Um... well I really don't know the name of the bar but I'll take a stab at it. Um.. Clark's?

Number 2, I think it starts off with The Last Crusade because Indiana is a young boy at the beginning. Then Raiders?? Then TOD? I'm really just guessing here.

-George Bernard Shaw
#238147 05/16/08 10:38 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I want to see the Indiana Jones film eventually, though I'll probably wait for the DVD. I'm not really interested in Sex and the City, I never got into the TV series. To be honest, I'm more interested in The Dark Knight, the forthcoming Batman movie, than either of them.

Add to this, I've just seen a poll about people's favorite Indiana Jones films - can't link to it because you need to be a registered user of a commercial site to see it. Out of 330 votes so far they got

Raiders - 63%
Temple of Doom - 5%
Last Crusade - 22%
Young IJ chronicles (TV series) - 3%

with the other 5% split between various silly alternatives and don't know.

I think one reason why I'm happy to wait for the DVD may be a slight worry that Crystal Skull will be another turkey like Temple of Doom.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#238148 05/16/08 09:49 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not a fan of Sex and the City at all, but I am a HUGE Indiana Jones fan and I cannot wait for the new movie. I'm sooooooo excited. *bounces*

Midnight show, here I come!

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
#238149 05/18/08 06:37 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's definitely Indiana Jones for me.

Lucas says there is a good chance for an Indy 5, except it'll be Indy's son in the principle role with Indy, himself, playing more of a Sean Connery role. Think he'll call Shia, Junior? wink

Scary to think that Harrison Ford is 65, especially since I watched the Indy movies first run. Ugh, I think I'm getting old.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#238150 05/19/08 01:13 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Definitely Indy for me. I was worried that they were going to screw it up, but Flick Filosopher posted last night and said "they didn't f*** it up" so now I'm really looking forward to it. laugh

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#238151 05/19/08 03:07 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Definitely "Sex and the City." I rarely have time to go to the movies, but I have already made plans with two of my friends to go see it on opening day. I own all of the DVDs so I am sooo excited.

I'm definitely a chick-flicker ... <hides from her twin and her little sis> I've never even seen the original "Indiana Jones."

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#238152 05/19/08 03:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm definitely a chick-flicker ... <hides from her twin and her little sis> I've never even seen the original "Indiana Jones."
<pulls twin out of hiding spot, ties to chair, and duct tapes mouth & eyelids open... starts playing all Indiana Jones>

Shame! Shame!

-George Bernard Shaw
#238153 05/19/08 05:10 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
okay for anyone interested

No star wars fans then? The Bar or Club is Club Obi Wan. I didn't notice this until the new star wars films came out (Which got me hooked on to the originals)

Temple of Doom is a prequel to Raiders as it is set before WWII then raiders with crusade having a prequel at the begining.

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance

#238154 05/19/08 05:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
No star wars fans then?
Hey! <stamps foot> Biggest fan ever here. Ha! I never noticed Club Obi-wan in ToD. That's awesome. George is so funny.

-George Bernard Shaw
#238155 05/19/08 12:52 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Speaking of Star Wars... I saw the trailer for the new one and it's animated. Any particular reason for that? <looks at Steph>

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
#238156 05/20/08 02:27 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm not at all interested in SITC, but I'm waiting for Indiana Jones. However, it's not the movie I'm most looking forward to. Right now, that's The Dork, er, Dark Knight. Iron Man and Prince Caspian are past for me, so I can't anticipate them anymore. laugh This is one busy summer, movie-wise. We're seeing 3 movies this month, 6 in June, 4 in July, and I think 2 in August. Too many movies!

The Clone Wars movie is a sequel, I believe, to the cartoon that ran in Cartoon Network in 5 minute spots, and was between episodes 2 and 3. They're expanding on the popularity of those shorts.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#238157 05/21/08 08:13 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The Clone Wars movie is a sequel, I believe, to the cartoon that ran in Cartoon Network in 5 minute spots, and was between episodes 2 and 3. They're expanding on the popularity of those shorts.
Yup! I doubt George will make another Star Wars that's non-animated. His major Star Wars films are finished... unless he decides to make parts 7, 8, & 9. <begs George grovel > The rest will most likely be filling in the blanks. Though I had heard he may make some sort of series (not major motion pictures though) on the Young Jedi Knights (Han & Leia's kids). He did something like this back after Return of the Jedi first came out where he expanded on the Ewok story-line (The Ewok Adventure and Battle for Endor).

-George Bernard Shaw
#238158 05/21/08 04:20 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Seriously looking forward to IJ, but mostly because of the co-star, Shia LaBeouf. I loved that kid in Even Stevens, he was great in Transformers, and best in Holes.

Also, when Dean Cain showed up at the premeire of IJ, I couldn't stop my brain from wandering into the realm of picturing Dean in the Indian Jones persona. drool Too bad he was too young at the time. goofy

TEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard