Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not actually going to be in on the writing of this, but I've read the discussions and participated in this poll. I have to say though, that I agree with James--especially what he said about there not being a problem with Lois knowing that Clark has all his abilities before he's created Superman.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think you are missing my point really. The way the poll is going both Lois and the kid are going to know.

So basically this story is going to be about a Super family who are just hiding with no revelations for the most part.

No offense but that sounds boring to me. I'm just saying maybe you should have the kid find out later or have something else be revealed in a different way than the show did it.

I wouldn't much be interested in a story rewrite that dealt with a group of people already in the know with no conflicts or hurdles for them to jump other than getting Superman out there for the public to see.

I may be in the minority here though so if I am please ignore me. smile Either way I'll support you guys and give it a read anyway. I'm not trying to put a damper on anything just giving you my imput as a reader on what I like to see.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I see where your leaning, especially after looking at the results again.

Can't believe that many people would want the kid to know before hand. Though, I did actually vote for that one, but I think I skipped the stuff in the ( ), if I had, then I would have voted with the group that says the kid figures it out when Clark becomes Superman, or the kid doesn't find out until later in the series.

Of course, if they stay in Smallville for very long, Kryptonite would definitely come into play.

(which always bothered me. All these criminals are getting their hands on this glowing rock and the only source in this series seems to be Kansas...They must all be dumb or somethin'!)

Yeah, it would be no fun is there wasn't ANY revelation potential, but I just can't buy Lois not knowing at some point during those initial 10 years...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I woukd have it the Martha and Jonathan are supportive, Ellen isn't and Sam doesn't even know as Lois dosen't want him to be a part of her life he would discover she was married and had a child in requiem for a Superhero.

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by RodStewFan:
I woukd have it the Martha and Jonathan are supportive, Ellen isn't and Sam doesn't even know as Lois dosen't want him to be a part of her life he would discover she was married and had a child in requiem for a Superhero.
Ooooh, me likey!

And guys, remember, *all* your opinions are worth considering. I was thinking both Lois and the Kid know, but now I can see how having the kid in the dark could have merit. Still, either way, there will still be plenty of room for drama. We just have to make some. laugh

Remember, we still have all the A plot fodder of the original show, for starters. Plus, the extra angst that comes from having gotten hitched at a facetiously young age---figure, even though Lois and Clark love each other, that doesn't mean that their whole life up to this point has been a picnic in a field of daisies.

If the kid knows, we'll have to deal with his knowledge and keeping him quiet.
If s/he doesn't know, we'll have to deal with hiding the truth from them.
If they find out at some point in the show, we'll have A&B, plus handling the revelation that Daddy is Superman and there is no Santa Clause.

Of course, where I think we'll have *real* fun is when Lex, Cat, li'l Jesse, and the SLV videotape all come out to play. cool

~•~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard