Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#237767 01/05/08 11:52 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
FoLCs, we're discussing a massive undertaking which involves reinventing the whole show (via fanfiction) with a twist in the premise.

My idea is to go with a setup where Lois and Clark have been married for 10 years and have a 10 year old son at the start of the pilot. Their ages and all external circumstances remain intact.

ARE YOU INTERESTED? cool

Here's a link to the original thread .

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since the poll didn't have any text-fields for the "please explain" part, I'll leave it here.

2. question:
I'm will to help, but am certainly not up to the task of writing. But if you need more people to throw ideas around with, count me in. And if not - well, than I might get to read this of without too many spoilers wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still not sold on the kid, but I can go with it.

It could go either way. Without kid, more of a chance for Clark to be a lunkhead. And, the NKers could save the day.

With kid, he could be used for flavor and Jimmy would finally get some additional cash...(ten years old is not old enough to stay home alone.)

And, ten year olds could be so prone to accidents...kidnappings...strange sicknesses, etc...

I also think it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Lois to NOT know that Clark has some genetic perks. She may be galactically stupid, but that would take someone without an EEG.

Besides, one of the nice things we could do with this series is have flashbacks for the last 10 years interspersed with the episodes. That way we don't to cough up a whole backstory at one time, though we would have to come up with one behind the scenes for our Rewritten Adventures of Superman bible.

I also would like to suggest taking QoC's idea for the series title.

The Rewritten Adventures of Superman.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
Kerth
Questions 3,4, and 5 have no way for someone who isn't very interested to say "I don't care, do what you like."

Basically, I'm fine with someone else giving it a try if they want to do it, and I won't feel that you are "destroying the show" if you do because the show exists as it is and isn't going to be changed by a few AU stories. But my gut feeling is that it would mess up most of the dynamics and characterization of the show so much that reading it wouldn't interest me, and I wouldn't want to write it. I'm also a little worried that it might suck people away from more interesting work, but that's up to them, not me.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hrm. I'll admit I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm. sad

Also, either Tank has found a way to vote multiple times, or there is a stronger anti-kid-fic sentiment on the boards than I realized. Or is that just pertaining to this particular setup?

~•~
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's not that I'm anti-kid, but I don't their marriage should be caused by the kid. I don't think it works as well in this fic. For one thing, the series would work better if they had all the time in the world to devote to their jobs.

E

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Hrm. I'll admit I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm. sad

Hey, it's been less than one day. Give it a chance!

James

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
stronger anti-kid-fic sentiment on the boards
Actually part of the show's attraction was
LnC getting to know each other slowly and step by step...

Lois' initial animosity towards Clark; Clark becoming wonderstruck on seeing her

Lois' mooning over Superman; Clark getting pacified that she's awe-struck by his alter-ego, at least

Then the slow gradual step-by-step development in their relationship from acquaintances to partners to friends to best-friends to undefined to dating-partners to engaged-couples to their marriage!

But then, sadly, after their marriage LnC's realtionship went a radical change... somehow they started portraying Lois as a woman who became increasingly dependent on Clark... so the show sort of lost that charm that had attracted me once!

That's why I'm apprehensive about seeing them married at the beginning itself and having a 10-year old kid eek !

So, basically it's not the A-Plots in he show that attracted me (or most of the people here, I'm sure!), it's the subtle B-Plots - the lovely change in their relationship!

I'm not telling I won't be reading it if you give us a set of wonderfully-married-couple stories but somehow setting it at Season 1 seems a *bit* unacceptable to me!

So why not try to rewrite Season 5 again, instead... this way we can try another set of stories in the season we all longed for (but let Lois be a better woman, please!).

Season 5 and the TuFs were wonderful!

This is just my opinion, no offence intended! smile

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I do like the 10 year marriage idea simply because we would get to more of them married, but, I agree with Coolgirl that perhaps beginning the series that way might not be as interesting. I have always wanted to read Clark better standing up to Lois for how horribly she treats him in the beginning. I would think no matter how great his lust and admiration for her, after a while enough would be enough. Seems like M and J would agree with their son on this as well.

Speaking of M and J-maybe we could also include some flashbacks to young Clark. Some time ago on here we were talking about what if there had been more of a message in Clark's spaceship. Perhaps a note or other more instant message so to speak. This could be Kryptonite related or simply something to M and J if we want to believe that Jor-El and Lara had somehow chosen them for Clark-even not just something to the person who found Clark.

So many possibilities! cool

Mona

Merriwether
Merriwether
How about them meeting as teens, running into each other as college age (late college) and getting together as in dating by the time the series begins. Or they could be married. Or...

Just I don't think they need to be married ten years. more like one, since some say the second year of marriage is the hardest.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
coolgirl:
But not S6?

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by ccmalo:
coolgirl:
But not S6?

c.
I think CoolGirl meant that another season 5 would be fun to do. I don't think she meant to leave out Season 6 because she didn't like it. I think she was just listing the comparable seasons.

Personally, I live season 6, especially with how Lex Luthor dies. evil James

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by D8a:
<strong> Personally, I live season 6, especially with how Lex Luthor dies. clap . But a whole rewrite of the unofficial official continuity? I like my LnC in their Happy Place. Which doesn't mean that good episode plots wouldn't make me a devoted follower laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
But not S6?
I liked Season 6 too! And thanks, James, for clarifying that for me.

I live season 6
I liv(k)e season 6 too... literally!

I loved the newcomer - Laura! Walk in My Shoes, Hypergirl, Fatal Attraction, Movers and Shakers, Stronger than Me Alone are my favorites!

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Back to the original poll...

I really do like this idea of re-writing LnC, although I'm not a big fan of them being married. I think that the child would be needed to add in some of the drama taken away by their assumedly happy and steady relationship.

I would be happy to help (although RL is a bit hectic at the moment so I wouldn't be much use until the end of the month), but my muse isn't biting right now so I don't think I'd be much help in a writing capacity.

- Alisha

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My Other response is that I seem to be incapable of writing stories. Which is annoying because I do come up with ideas. But I'd be happy to help with ideas, continuity, whatever.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had the idea that they actually met in college and I had two idea's of how the story could go with the first is that they were married after graduation and the other is that Lois got an intern ship at the Planet but Clark decided to go traveling and meet up again in the pilot.

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard