Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Columnist
Columnist
I think it changes directions on its own. The first time I clicked in here I looked at it and it was going clockwise. Then I read down all the posts and went back and looked. I got it to switch by staring at it which, of course, took a number of seconds to get it to do.

Well now I watch it without starring and it changes direction on its own. It seems to spin one way for about 15 seconds and then the other for 15 seconds, then switches again for a number of seconds and then back again.

I definitely think it does it on its own.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I also thought it was switching on its own, but then I concentrated and got it to go anti-clockwise while it was still going clockwise for my husband, so it is definitely a perception thing.

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's definitely a perception thing because I've now gotten to the point where I can stop her from spinning all together. I get her to swing back and forth, switching her direction before she can even make a full turn.

Now, when I do it, I can feel some muscle being worked behind my eyes.

However, one thing that I find interesting is that when I first look at her, she's always spinning clockwise first.

(By the way, I've obviously spent far too much time staring at this thing blush )

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've finally mastered this! laugh

If I watch her going one way, then scroll down a bit so the upper half of her body is missing for a couple of seconds, then go up again, she changes direction. And it keeps working! eek

Does the fact that she's spinning slowly on this pc make a difference? Maybe my brain needs time to catch up.

Whatever the reason, I feel very powerful! laugh

Quick update: the above only works for me when she's turning slowly. I can't do it now she's going faster. I no longer feel powerful. frown
And now I've taken to turning my head round in circles in an attempt to make her go the other way - also doesn't work btw. Must stop now before people think I'm insane.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, I only see clockwise, and I think that the rest of you who see her going counter clockwise are crazy! laugh

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I guess I should call myself crazy cuz I finally saw it go counter clock wise too.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Features Writer
Features Writer
First I saw it clockwise. But with a little bit of concentration I can switch between clockwise and anti-clockwise.

Interesting poll wink

Merriwether
Merriwether
I just selected clockwise.

I had a super hard time getting it to change the other way. I had to use the tip suggested - I had to scroll the screen up to just be able to view the legs - but I can only get her to do a 3/4 turn and it jumps back to clockwise when I view her whole body.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Blogger
Blogger
No matter what I did, I was seeing it spinning clockwise. *ponders*

What I've felt,
What I've known,
Never shined through in what I've shown.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
It's going from one to the other over and over for me.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Hey, nice trick!!!

I think it is a .gif (or any other animation) file that has been programmed to spin clockwise for a few seconds (or some random no. of turns) and then anti-clockwise!!!

Anyway, nice info about the right and left brain!!!
laugh laugh laugh clap clap clap

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I hate to be a drag, but tests like this don't "prove" right or left brain abilities, and they certainly don't predict personality traits. Tests of your visual cortex just aren't capable of making those determinations.

In reality, except in extremely rare cases, we all use both hemispheres of our brains, and while L/R handedness does have something to do with the different hemispheres (as does linguistic acquistion and memory to some extent), it takes a battery of tests to determine whether you are L/R dominant. This particular test isn't a validated test so it wouldn't even be a part of a larger project used to isolate cortex abilities.

I know we all like to have fun with perception, but I just had to say this, b/c I get annoyed with pop psychology/science that spreads around and gets people to believe things that aren't the case. It makes it a lot harder for valid science to prevail.

But, perception is fun.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard