Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I have two muses: Psychotropoia, the muse of weird imaginings, and Polyskitzodia, the muse of multiple and confusing timelines. You think some of my stuff is off the wall? You should see the things I have which will probably never see the light of day. I have alt-Lois as a hitwoman, Lois and Clark as standup comics, a Clark in outer space tale, a sequel to "She's" that I doubt I'll finish, plus a couple of really odd ones. These ladies can be harsh.

I think the Archive should add a category for stories about muses. There are several out there now, and I'd bet nickels to noodles that a lot of FOLCs have never read them.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Terry - your muses sound AWESOME! My own muse oftentimes gets a kick of of writing dark things and often likes to hurt the characters in my stories.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Blogger
Blogger
I don't have a muse persay, I just hear the charactors talking in my head.

But there is a gremlin named Kazbo (he's sarcastic and cuel and basically a sadist) who likes to twist the plot lines for angst, drama, and tragedy.

So we often get into arguements and I have to send him back to the fifth dimension.

But he often returns, and tragedy occurs; then I have to salvage the story from there.

Jenna: "That's enough! You release the Charactors from this tragedy right now, you little gnome. Or I promise to send you somewhere far worse than the fifth dimension!"

Kazbo sarcastically: "You have me so scared!" menacing: "try dealing with this!" throws in a slow, agonising death. then disappears.
-from an arguement with Kazbo, the evil muse
Kerth
Kerth
I have to divulge this as a secret at a time when my muse isn't looking: I think my muse is trying to kill me. help eek

No joke. He is partly psychotic and refuses to tell me his real name (tho he does give me various pseudonyms) and he is a shape-shifter. Which means he can get to be distracting when I start writing for Clark... goofy His shape-shifting also allows him to pop out of nowhere at pretty much any point in time, good or bad (usually the latter). But in all honesty, we work well together. My obsessive-compulsive nature and his great ideas- though often ending up in several weeks' torture and me crying out "No! I don't want to hurt anybody!" while my friends and family give me weird looks and back away- what can I say? It's a warped relationship, but hey, it gets results.

It doesn't hurt that he's smart and gorgeous either... laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Sue S.:
I don't really have a "muse". Sometimes I hear Lois and Clark talking in my head. They're just little snippets of conversation that I jot down and file away until I can figure out the context.

Seriously - most of my stories start out with a definite beginning and ending and everything that happens in between is just the characters talking me through it. I've written banter on the back of a bank deposit slip, on grocery receipts, the envelope my electric bill came in and sometimes even on the palm of my hand when nothing else was available.

That's not a muse. That's an inconvenient and sadistic imagination at work.
I'd say that's how my "muse" works (although they are rarely sequential when it comes to "talking" to me. Sometimes it's a phrase, sometimes a whole scene. I also consider myself having multiple muses (i.e. one for each character and sometimes one for that universe of that character.)

When I do identify my muses I usually say the name of the muses actor/actress and the character they played at that moment (examples are Kidder!Lois and Cain!Superman/Clark.) If it's a non-acted role it's based on the fandom (ex. comics!Lois.) For original characters, I just name them as their name.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I'm really mad at my muse right now 'cause she's been too quiet for way too long. Hopefully, when I'm out of work starting next week, that will change...

grumble

<Do you hear that, muse...I need you back!!!!>

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Anne, sorry to hear you're having so much difficulty with your muse. I borrowed Lynn S.M.'s muse from With Apologies to Female Hawk ... well, actually, she kind of jumped into my head after Beta-ing that story and brow beat me into making her a central character of my Green-Eyed Monster story (I've nicknamed her IVY and she's kind of a diva... which I mean in the most nicest of possible ways, IVY evil

Sorry to hear that you will soon be having too much free time on your hands, but we'll always welcome your extra stories said free time allows you. laugh

I don't have my own muse. I allow my characters to inspire me [be my muse(s) for me]. I tell them where I want them to go and they thumb their collective noses at me and go wherever they want. huh I figure it's best not to make them mad... otherwise, poor Lynn's fate might happen to me. (You know I'm just teasing you, Lynn. wink )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I figure it's best not to make them mad... otherwise, poor Lynn's fate might happen to me.
I'd say I want her back but, well, after what happened, I really don't. But I would like a new muse. I'm still seeking candidates to interview. I've got what I think is a terrific first half of a story right now (a prequel to Echolalia), but I have been stuck at the same spot for several weeks. frown

(You know I'm just teasing you, Lynn. wink )
If "With Apologies to Female Hawk" doesn't beg for a bit of silliness, I don't know what does. goofy

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, my muse is a fickle, fickle girl, who lately only likes to come out to play when I can't possibly write. Then she pouts and refuses to come play until the next time I can't possibly write.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard