Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#237338 04/10/07 12:24 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Haven't read it but can't say I will never read it. Who knows. It just isn't a priority read for me right now.

#237339 04/11/07 11:52 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I read and loved it.

Admittedly I might be slightly wink biased since I'm a big fan of Teri, so not-reading her book was never really an option.

And from my point of you, I have to say: If you're a fan of her, you'll pretty sure like the book. It's full of funny little anecdotes, very well and amusing written - great to be read when you're waiting for your bus, need some lecture before going to bed and stuff.

But: If you're expecting either a real biography or profound advice how to improve your lifestyle, you better look for anything else - I couldn't find a real thread (well, honestly, I didn't care so much), she simply jumps from one story to the next, mixes everything up with some tips how to live a happy life but that's basically it.

So, okay, why did I write all this? Err, right, so: I'm very much into gossip plus I love Teri, so this seems to be the perfect base for loving this book wink
But sure enough, I'd always choose a well written fanfic over this "bible" laugh

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#237340 04/13/07 11:00 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I wasn't going to go out of my way to read it, but I stumbled across a copy in my local library and decided to give it a go. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. So I brought a copy. Haven't re-read it yet, but I probably will some day.

I just thought that sometimes she really captured some of the issues women deal with and showed that she'd gone through those sorts of things in her personal life also smile It wasn't all that much about her life as a star. I mean, it sort of was, but sort of wasn't. If that makes any kind of sense...

So, since I actually did buy the book (after reading it for the first time), I thought that I'd better choose 'yes, I have read it and loved it'.

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#237341 04/17/07 03:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love bios but Miss Hatcher has always seemed a little vapid to me so her book wouldn't be a first choice. I'll probably get around to it someday. I may read it for free at the library.

#237342 04/18/07 04:40 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I read the book one afternoon and agree with the others who have read it. It's not really a biography, more just a collection of amusing antidotes. Light reading if you're in the mood for it.

I will say this... I think she has a really nice writing style. Too bad she isn't writing Lois and Clark stories laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#237343 04/28/07 03:35 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I picked "other". I'm a Teri fan, but from the exerpts I'd read from the book, I really wasn't interested. I'd much rather watch her tv interviews.

#237344 05/01/07 02:42 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Meh!!!
I agree with Labby,
This genre is just not my Cup-of-Tea

nothing against Terri, though

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#237345 05/21/07 12:08 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Its a great book!!!! it's not really a biograghy, its more of a memoir. Now that I've read it I almost feel like I know teri!!!! It sux that she didnt mention Dean at all though!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard