Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Out of curiosity, what operating systems and browsers are people using? No particular reason for asking, except I'm wondering how widespread the latest technology really is. Pick all that apply to you.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
For operating system, I chose XP and something else. Because depending on where I am, I sometimes use Xubuntu, a flavor of UNIX, sort of..

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Damn - I knew I'd forgotten something. Should have included Linux as one of the operating system options!

Marcus L. Rowland
Merriwether
Merriwether
I forgot to click Something Else for the OS's. I'm a Tri-OS person.. Mac, Windows (XP), and Linux (RedHat 9).

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm a Mac girl. Not many of us, are there? wink

OS X + Safari & Camino (Firefox variant) on my big iMac beast.

I also own a laptop that's a PC (so I can work from home) where I use XP + Firefox. If I'd known they were going to come up with dual boot MacBooks, I would never have bought this piece of .... this laptop really sucks, but then, it's not solely because it runs on Windows.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And I'm Mac (laptop running Safari, Firefox, and Opera) and XP (two desktop machines running Firefox and Opera), which was one of the things that prompted me to ask this - I'm thinking about where I'm going to go in the long term with my PCs and on the whole want to steer clear of Vista for at least the next couple of releases. I don't expect to need to upgrade for a good while, at least I hope not, but these things often come as a bit of a surprise - the last PC purchase was prompted by a Windows 98 machine that went bad and couldn't be fixed.

Marcus L. Rowland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm a Mac girl. Not many of us, are there? [Wink]
Mac girls unite! How much credit do I REALLY get, though? It's a sheer necessity for work and school. This things costs more money than my fellowship LOL, so I doubt I would have made the jump if my career didn't demand it. But I do love it. I probably wipe my Windows laptop clean every six months because it either falls apart, or I get a virus...I haven't had a single problem with this love of my life.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm Windows XP and either IE 6, IE 7, or Netscape. I've been known to use Firefox, but not very often.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
Operating System: I use Windows XP and Linux (Opensuse)
Should have included Linux as one of the operating system options!
yes, would be interesting

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm a Mac guy, plus I use Windows of different varieties. I run two Windows 2003 servers, my own Exchange server, have several Macs and have a few other flavors of OS'es lying around somewhere like Vista (totally useless). I tinker and love playing around with operating systems rather than playing games (yeah I know it's a sickness).

I never could get into Linux. I've run it a few times (Red Hat and SuSE, and Slackware back in ancient times) but didn't care for it much. The most I tinker with Linux is when I'm trying to hack my TiVos.

As for web browsers, I use mostly Firefox on both Windows and Macs, though I do use Safari and OmniWeb on occasions on the Mac and IE on the PC when I absolutely have to.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard