Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love Mindy Church, but couldn't possibly vote for HIWTHI because of Baby Gunderson.
Okay, now that reminds me that HIWTHI *was* a Christmas episode. I guess I should amend my previous statement. I liked parts of HIWTHI.

I'm torn between the other two episodes, though. I love the angst in Home Is Where The Hurt Is, and I would have liked to have seen that expanded on. (Clark recovered from the kryptonite mighty quickly, don't you think?)
Yeah, that doesn’t make sense since he couldn’t rescue Luthor when he fell to his death. In one of my fics, I made it so he reached down deep inside himself and found the strength to rescue Lois and his parents and found the power where none should have existed. Then, too, I’d imagine different chunks of kryptonite might emit different amounts of radiation.

Certainly, I never burst into spontaneous song with my dad at Christmas. (Since I can barely sing and he couldn't sing at all, that is surely a blessing for the whole world.)
I have… <Giggles> But then my dad could sing, and I still can. Yes, I can see this happening at Christmas time in America. If it happened at other times though, I’d think someone had been hitting the sauce. But if you come from a musical family, it’s not terribly unusual for someone to pull out a guitar or sit down at the piano so everyone can sing along.

But I don’t think this would have worked on the show very well because it was never established that Sam had any musical talent. Now if Lois had started singing a bit, I would have found that believable. But I can see that she would have been more singing softly to herself than to be ‘performing’. I sing all the time - softly. Maybe it’s a musical thing - not so much a cultural thing.

I don't think Christmas caroling in and of itself is cheesy--but some situations in which people might burst with carols coming out of their mouths really ARE.
Exactly. I hope it’s not too cheesy because this week I’ll be playing the piano for a church function - all Christmas carols. Last year I sang a solo.

I blame it all on my UK grandfather and mother - they played piano, and, well what can I say - the sheet music for those carols is still in the piano bench
Like I said… musical family.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Exactly. I hope it’s not too cheesy because this week I’ll be playing the piano for a church function - all Christmas carols. Last year I sang a solo.
Nancy, I am SOOO jealous right now! My allergies have been dreadful since MARCH, and I haven't been able to string together more than a few bars since weeks before that. frown

I too, come from a musical family. My grandfather's father directed choirs in Holland, my grandfather directed the choir at church for many years, my father played trumpet in high school, and I'm your basic all-round musician as a rather large hobby. I have two trumpets (my brother uses the brass one for school, and I keep the silver one), three recorders (sopranino, soprano, and alto), a broken clarinet, a guitar, and an electric piano--and that's not counting the real piano and electric organ my family have downstairs.

But to get back on topic, I still think a Christmas duet between Lois & Sam Lane would've been a bit over-the-top during HIWTHI. The caroling worked in the Mxyzptlk episode, because it actually had a purpose--to get everybody thinking of something other than their dispair.

If I were the fast-forwarding type, I might fast-forward through parts of all three Christmas episodes, but when I set out to watch an episode of a show I like, the only thing I skip are the commercials.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
I voted for HIWTHI, for the same reasons that Yvonne mentioned.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I voted for "Season's Greedings". I just love how they're all acting like children; just the memory of that episode gives me the giggles.

But I liked the other episodes too - though I can't remember TTNBM very well, it's been years. Strangely, however, I liked Baby Gunderson, whereas I found the telepathy thing very silly.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Strangely, however, I liked Baby Gunderson, whereas I found the telepathy thing very silly.
Telepathy thing?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think Anna might mean the connection between Lois and Clark? When she hears him call her name when he wakes from his fever?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
One thing I found disconcerting in HIWTHI was Lois snuggling up beside Superman as he was fighting the K virus. Her dad was right there, so what Lois did seemed really odd because although she was engaged to Clark Kent and supposedly crazy about him, there she was stretched out beside Superman. Why not just tell Sam the secret and have done with it? That bit was a disconnect for me.

And oddly, the carol singing in the Mxy ep I did find cheesy. laugh But then I was never a Mxy fan - very tedious twerp. In fact the whole ep, with the replay thing was tedious. So maybe the carol singing was part of that.

But SG and HIWTHI both had lots of great moments, especially SG which had some genuine surprises, like Clark showing up at Lois's door at the end. And have I mentioned the window scene? - oh I have? Ah. Well, let me mention it again laugh One of the most beautiful moments in the whole series.

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I, too, come from a musical family, but I'm British, so what we don't do is gather around the piano in an organised fashion and sing carols with big cheesy grins on our faces. laugh What we *do* do is break into impromptu song while we're washing up, or cooking, cleaning, etc. We might attempt a bit of harmony just for a giggle, or we might try a bit of friendly sabotage on someone else's song. Anyone who can play the piano in the family will probably sit down at some point over Christmas and bash through a few carols purely for their own enjoyment. And, of course, anyone who goes to church or sings in a choir will sing carols galore at this time of year - well, except my choir, which is a symphonic choir so doesn't do carols very often. Alas.

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh yes, never anything organised, just random sort of happening - a child picking out a carol with one hand, an adult singing a few bars while cleaning up, or my grandmother banging out Joy to the World with a boogie beat.

Me, I can't carry a tune - the gene passed me by. frown

c,

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I think Anna might mean the connection between Lois and Clark? When she hears him call her name when he wakes from his fever?
Yeah, that's what I mean. The whole scene with the mumbling of names and the other listening and waking up... I don't remember exactly what had happened, but it had made me cringe.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I didn't vote at all. It has been (ten?) years since I saw 'HIWTHI', and I can't recall it at all. I can't remember having watched 'It was the night before Mxymas' at all. But I like "SG".

So, I feel like I'm lacking the basis for a valid vote.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Columnist
Columnist
SG for me. I laugh just as hard every time I watch it. It's absolutely hilarious!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Definately SG for me, it was the start of lois's relisation that she liked clark more than just friends. That he would always be their for her, even giving up christmas with his family.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I voted for SG, because I really love the end of this episodes. You can see that Lois has a lot of feelings for Clark.

Barb

Columnist
Columnist
definitely 'Seasons Greedings' for me. I love olmost everything in this ep from the little dance Clark does ''lois is in trouble'' :p
and Lois' fake voice and ofcourse the ending!!
I just really love the ending!!!!!!!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard